Darbee vision darblet - Page 91 - AVS Forum
First ... 89  90  91 92  93  ... Last
Video Processors > Darbee vision darblet
Geof's Avatar Geof 09:52 AM 08-25-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by giomania View Post

I am going to stick with the flasher on the front.
Mark
Yep, me too although the urge to use the mini jack is there....

RandyWalters's Avatar RandyWalters 10:44 AM 08-25-2012
I just got my Darbee and am still experimenting with it on my Panny 50GT50, but in the meantime it's awkward shape was making it impossible to integrate into my AV credenza. So i made a little stand for it out of some Monoprice 90 degree HDMI adapters and was able to place it on top my TWC Tuning Adapter below my center channel speaker and it looks ok there.

(2) #3733 90* HDMI adapters

(1) #4859 Flat 90* HDMI adapter

(1) #4860 Flat 90* HDMI adapter (opposite of the #4859)

LL

Tivo S3 > Gefen 2x2 HDMI Splitter/Switcher > Darbee > 50GT50 Plasma (<----This chain caused magenta flash every few seconds so i removed the Gefen)

BTW when i place the Darbee between my Gefen 2x2 HDMI Splitter/Switcher and my 50GT50 i get a magenta flash a few seconds after turning the TV on and the audio also goes away, then the picture returns for a few seconds then i get another flash, and the flashes continue to repeat as long as the TV is on. Cycling the Darbee power and/or the TV's power doesn't stop this behavior so for now i've removed the Gefen Splitter from the loop and everything is syncing up just fine now. I'll fiddle with it more and try moving it around in my chain and try different HDMI cables etc when i get some time but for now i just want to enjoy it smile.gif

But so far i'm seeing a nice improvement in facial detail etc on 720p OTA and Cable channels which was my only real gripe about the GT50.
fookoo_2010's Avatar fookoo_2010 10:55 AM 08-25-2012
Looks very clever and looks really neat.
sjschaff's Avatar sjschaff 11:14 AM 08-25-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post

I just got my Darbee and am still experimenting with it on my Panny 50GT50, but in the meantime it's awkward shape was making it impossible to integrate into my AV credenza. So i made a little stand for it out of some Monoprice 90 degree HDMI adapters and was able to place it on top my TWC Tuning Adapter below my center channel speaker and it looks ok there.
LL
Tivo S3 > Gefen 2x2 HDMI Splitter/Switcher > Darbee > 50GT50 Plasma (<----This chain caused magenta flash every few seconds so i removed the Gefen)
BTW when i place the Darbee between my Gefen 2x2 HDMI Splitter/Switcher and my 50GT50 i get a magenta flash a few seconds after turning the TV on and the audio also goes away, then the picture returns for a few seconds then i get another flash, and the flashes continue to repeat as long as the TV is on. Cycling the Darbee power and/or the TV's power doesn't stop this behavior so for now i've removed the Gefen Splitter from the loop and everything is syncing up just fine now. I'll fiddle with it more and try moving it around in my chain and try different HDMI cables etc when i get some time but for now i just want to enjoy it smile.gif
But so far i'm seeing a nice improvement in facial detail etc on 720p OTA and Cable channels which was my only real gripe about the GT50.

Seems you've got some sync issues but it's not clear what options you have. On the display your color space is either normal or wide which suggests Video or PC which probably isn't the problem. I'd write down all of you current settings and then start by restoring to factory defaults and moving from there. One setting, 1080p pure direct may need to be enabled for 4:4:4 enablement, since the Tivo probably puts out 4:4:4 I think. Good luck.
BakeApples's Avatar BakeApples 12:00 PM 08-25-2012
Finally, my Darblet showed up yesterday and have spent about 4 hours with the unit today testing it out. I have it hooked up with a Oppo 93 bd player & Sony VW85 projector shooting at a white 114" Grandview 2.35:1 screen.
The setup was very easy and after changing the default "full pop" mode to the hi-def instead i started out with playing some blu-ray content. My testing disc was "3 10 to Yuma" and i set the Darblet to around 45 - 50% in Hi-Def mode which i thought looked the best. I then did a lot of On/Off switching in various scenes and the result is nothing but amazing! The picture looks so much better with more detail and pop. When turning the unit off the picture instantly looks more soft and unsharp. It really is fantastic what this little box is doing to the picture smile.gif

Thank you Darbee for this great product & AVS for the fast shipping.
dragonbud0's Avatar dragonbud0 12:09 PM 08-25-2012
I finally watched NFL preseason last night on Cablevision with either HD or Pop; decided to stay w/ HD since Pop really did not do much for me at HD 50%. It seems that my JVC has a DLP look (pop) w/o RBE, best of both world.

Darbee is a keeper.

Also watched Four Feathers DVD; at HD 50, it was very grainy since either the transfer was poor or grainy. GIGO applies.

I will try Last of the Mohicans tonight on BR, one of my favorites movie and soundtrack.
sjschaff's Avatar sjschaff 01:56 PM 08-25-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post

He says who he is every time he posts with the name DarbeeDr. He has been providing some great insights and tips.

Covered long, long ago in post #58
moviegk61's Avatar moviegk61 03:07 PM 08-25-2012
Looks like mine shipped friday! Am excited to see if this will bring my "old" Pioneer FPJ1, (re-badged JVC RS2), back to life. I will be using with sources- Panasonic DMP-BD85 bluray player, Dish 722 sat rec, Tosh HD DVD player, Sony Playstation switched in an Integra DTC-9.8 AV Controller into the Darbee then on to my Radiance XS and on to the projector. This path is easiest for now with current theatre layout. Any suggestions? Thanks, Doug G.
sjschaff's Avatar sjschaff 03:19 PM 08-25-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by moviegk61 View Post

Looks like mine shipped friday! Am excited to see if this will bring my "old" Pioneer FPJ1, (re-badged JVC RS2), back to life. I will be using with sources- Panasonic DMP-BD85 bluray player, Dish 722 sat rec, Tosh HD DVD player, Sony Playstation switched in an Integra DTC-9.8 AV Controller into the Darbee then on to my Radiance XS and on to the projector. This path is easiest for now with current theatre layout. Any suggestions? Thanks, Doug G.

So all of your devices are going into the Integra and then you're sending video to the Radiance, via one of the two HDMI outputs. That means you've only one setting on the Radiance to control input (e.g. for color space, etc.). Guess it's AUTO for you for that piece of the puzzle. I do suggest you try using 4:4:4 on both the output of the Radiance and on the projector input (if that one allows). You still will likely see the magenta flashing issue when changing from 1080i to 720p sources or maybe other sources, unless you go RGB throughout. And at least you won't have the audio delays I experience by splitting the output of my XS between the input side of the Integra and the projector's input.
Cliff Anckaitis's Avatar Cliff Anckaitis 03:19 PM 08-25-2012
Sorry for asking such a dumb question, but the Darbee only has one HDMI input and since i am using it in a room without an AV reveiever can i put a 2 into 1 HDMI in front of it to handle Blue and cable box signals?
mattg3's Avatar mattg3 03:42 PM 08-25-2012
Does the darbee turn on automatically when it receives a video source and stay in a standby mode the rest of the time?Does the unit get hot, since i will be putting it on top of my Oppo 83
sjschaff's Avatar sjschaff 04:02 PM 08-25-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg3 View Post

Does the darbee turn on automatically when it receives a video source and stay in a standby mode the rest of the time?Does the unit get hot, since i will be putting it on top of my Oppo 83

Gets a bit warm but you'd be doing what I've done, putting it atop my Oppo. Seems that neither device should impact on the other. But if you're concerned separate the two with a book, or some such. And it's designed to always be "on" using about 1 amp or less. Not a vampire at all as an energy hog.
42Plasmaman's Avatar 42Plasmaman 04:03 PM 08-25-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post

LL
Just keep in mind that EACH adapter may yeild a couple or more DB drop/loss of signal.
For long HDMI runs, this could be an issue.
buzzard767's Avatar buzzard767 04:40 PM 08-25-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Anckaitis View Post

Sorry for asking such a dumb question, but the Darbee only has one HDMI input and since i am using it in a room without an AV reveiever can i put a 2 into 1 HDMI in front of it to handle Blue and cable box signals?

Yes. I'm doing it.
CRAZZZY's Avatar CRAZZZY 05:45 PM 08-25-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Anckaitis View Post

Not a dumb question and yes it works. This is an oppo Hdmi switcher before the Darblet.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/41/imagehhm.jpg/

My other configuration is a Key Digital hdmi switcher before the Darblet.

Hope this helps.
Thunderduck's Avatar Thunderduck 06:01 PM 08-25-2012
Earlier today when I checked, SolidSignal at Amazon was listing 2 different devices for $294. Are they both the same? If not, what are the differences? I would want the updated device so it would not have to be returned. Must admit I am not thrilled with the need to return it for updating in the future.

Thank you for help.

Steve
DarbeeDr's Avatar DarbeeDr 06:28 PM 08-25-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post

thanks for sharing. That's cool that Paul Darbee finally got to see e-shift + the darbee on a large screen. Did he have any specific comments on the e-shift?
The autographed Darbee box should be worth a good $500 on ebay. smile.gif

Sorry for the delay in giving a big thanks to Murray for hosting such a great event.

Murray's home theater set up provided an image and sound fidelity than was breathtaking. The audio was cleaner and tighter than an IMAX experience and the image quality was astonishing. Definitely a happy platform for the Darblet. We particularly like 2D version of movies that were composed and filmed with the idea of maximizing dimensionality in the scene (lots of scenes where objects are interposed in depth and textures of many sizes) were greatly appreciated (Hugo and Tin Tin).

Visual Presence + e-shift is sublime. It simply makes you happy.

-DD
mattg3's Avatar mattg3 06:32 PM 08-25-2012
Sending back for updates is a very strange business model.Cant imagine the confusion of these coming back to company whenever a change is provided.What would need to be updated?Perhaps only in rare situations with system problems in ones components would they need some attention.Wonder how many have already had to send their darbees back for an update?
andy sullivan's Avatar andy sullivan 06:42 PM 08-25-2012
Just ordered mine from AV. Curios about two things. Why is there a waiting period from AV but Amazon shows 15 in stock? Any thoughts on how much improvement I will see in my Sony 60A3000. I love the PQ right now on my Sony. I'll be up grading later this year to a Sharp 80LE632/844 or a 70LE847. Thanks.
sjschaff's Avatar sjschaff 06:51 PM 08-25-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy sullivan View Post

Just ordered mine from AV. Curios about two things. Why is there a waiting period from AV but Amazon shows 15 in stock? Any thoughts on how much improvement I will see in my Sony 60A3000. I love the PQ right now on my Sony. I'll be up grading later this year to a Sharp 80LE632/844 or a 70LE847. Thanks.

If you visit the DarbeeVision site you'll see that they don't sell direct but through numerous players, one of whom is Solid Signal. They are the ones listed as the provider that Amazon is listing. Typical of Amazon to source product from others.
AV Science Sales 4's Avatar AV Science Sales 4 08:18 PM 08-25-2012
We have plenty more coming this week. Please support AV Science and order from us. We are only an email or phone call away.
zombie10k's Avatar zombie10k 09:51 PM 08-25-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarbeeDr View Post

Sorry for the delay in giving a big thanks to Murray for hosting such a great event.

Murray's home theater set up provided an image and sound fidelity than was breathtaking. The audio was cleaner and tighter than an IMAX experience and the image quality was astonishing. Definitely a happy platform for the Darblet. We particularly like 2D version of movies that were composed and filmed with the idea of maximizing dimensionality in the scene (lots of scenes where objects are interposed in depth and textures of many sizes) were greatly appreciated (Hugo and Tin Tin).

Visual Presence + e-shift is sublime. It simply makes you happy.
-DD

It's good you guys finally got to see the Darbee + the JVC e-shift. This is a perfect combo of two different technologies that looks great on my 142" screen.
RapalloAV's Avatar RapalloAV 10:21 PM 08-25-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post

It's good you guys finally got to see the Darbee + the JVC e-shift. This is a perfect combo of two different technologies that looks great on my 142" screen.
Dont forget Lumagen wink.gif
pwiss's Avatar pwiss 10:58 PM 08-25-2012
Received my Darblet earlier today and have been running it through the paces. I have it connected between my DVDO Edge and my Panasonic 60ST50. What a fantastic device. I have ended up using the HD setting at 50. Like many others have said it brings out the detail without showing any adverse effects. I did read some reviews on the UK forums and they still seem to be taking the purist approach. I do feel however that if this chip is used in future TV/Projector models and was automatically set at somewhere around the HD 45-55 range they and everyone would be praising that display for the incredible amount of detail it has vs the competition. By the way mine was delivered with the latest firmware and it is outputting the proper colorspace and have had zero issues at all with the device.
DaGamePimp's Avatar DaGamePimp 04:37 AM 08-26-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 4 View Post

We have plenty more coming this week. Please support AV Science and order from us. We are only an email or phone call away.

On the waiting list awaiting the e-mail saying they are in and ready to ship. biggrin.gif

Jason
BFJ 96's Avatar BFJ 96 10:04 AM 08-26-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 4 View Post

Signed-up for e-mail confirmation once you have them in stock.
DarbeeDr's Avatar DarbeeDr 11:23 AM 08-26-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah katz View Post

How the heck do you get the Darbee % display at the lower right of the screen to go away?
I tried everything I could think of - change settings, turn on/off, go in and out of menus - but it always comes back.
No way was I going to watch with that distraction, so no definitive report to make.

Open Menu
Settings-->Logo Properties-->Do Not Persist

-DD
DarbeeDr's Avatar DarbeeDr 11:28 AM 08-26-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg3 View Post

The Darblet is power up, when plugged into a power supply.

The Darbee Visual Presence processing can be toggled On/Off by using the physical button on the unit, or the Darbee On/Off on the remote.

The Darblet is designed to stay plugged in all the time. It may get warm , but should not get "hot" under normal operating conditions, even sitting on a Blu-ray player.

-DD
DarbeeDr's Avatar DarbeeDr 11:31 AM 08-26-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderduck View Post

Earlier today when I checked, SolidSignal at Amazon was listing 2 different devices for $294. Are they both the same? If not, what are the differences? I would want the updated device so it would not have to be returned. Must admit I am not thrilled with the need to return it for updating in the future.
Thank you for help.
Steve

Their advertisement is confusing and we are working with them to correct the situation.

There is only one Darblet product/model.

-DD
buzzard767's Avatar buzzard767 12:13 PM 08-26-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarbeeDr View Post

Their advertisement is confusing and we are working with them to correct the situation.
There is only one Darblet product/model.
-DD

Speaking of confusing, I recently viewed a web page showing an ee ColorBox used with Darbee tech. Do you still use the ee or has it been replaced by the Darblet?
Tags: Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor
First ... 89  90  91 92  93  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop