complete noob, please educate and help me buy a VP - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 06-06-2012, 10:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I am complete noob to VP, I just know that VP's improve the PQ. But I understand there is lot more than what I know.

so, here are my thoughts:
I started with an intention of buying an audio system and signed up in the forum, after a little bit reading and understanding, I came to the conclusion that 2K to 4K is respectable budget for a audio system and I shouldn't invest in a system more than that, instead I should put into VP, by which I am balancing on both audio and video. so, now I set 4K for the HT and my total budget was 10K.

so, please help me how should I plan with my current budget.

The VP will be used for
80% cable TV(95% Standard 5%HD PAL color system)
20% DVD's, BD's game systems, etc.

I haven't bought a TV yet but most probably it will be panasonic VT50 and very less probability of it being SONY HX929. I am also planning for a projector but not yet decided.

I hope I am clear, please ask what other info is needed.

I would appreciate all suggestions whether it about VP or how I can span out my 10K budget for all the components(HT, TV, VP & any other components you deem necessary or good to have).

TIA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-16-2012, 12:03 AM - Thread Starter

bump
post #3 of 6 Old 06-16-2012, 10:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 62
I'm not sure you even need a dedicated external VP unless you have some specific requirement not mentioned in the OP. The VT50 is an excellent television with internal processing that's pretty great to start with.

However, some of the favorites that would fit your budget would be the DVDO Edge or Duo (they are both HDMI 1.3 but will pass 3D signals) and the DUO's big advantage is CMS (color management system) but the color can be adjusted within the VT50 anyway unlike the less featured Panasonics. Stepping up in price you will find the stellar Lumagen Mini-3D that is also very popular and might squeak into your budget.

You might also find a receiver that includes a dedicated video processor that meets your requirements. For example, I recently purchased a Yamaha A2010 receiver and am so happy with its HQV Vida 1900 video processor that I removed my Edge from the equipment cart. (I'm viewing a Panasonic 65" VT25.)

Also, video processors really need sources that will feed a native signal so the video is not proceeded multiple times. One example is the Oppo BD-93 disc player but the Oppo also uses a dedicated video processor (Qdeo) that negates the need for an external processor if the Qdeo is used.
post #4 of 6 Old 07-06-2012, 10:49 PM - Thread Starter

After a little bit of reading, went ahead and bought a Radiance Mini, will be receiving it in couple of days. Moving on to owners thread now.
post #5 of 6 Old 07-08-2012, 02:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackscorpio View Post

After a little bit of reading, went ahead and bought a Radiance Mini, will be receiving it in couple of days. Moving on to owners thread now.

Good choice. You can use two of the mini's memories for each of your displays and get great calibrated accuarte image on both that way. Also, although a VT50 Panasonic is a good tv the calibration modes are pretty dim in light output, so using a Radiance mini to fix the colour, gamma and greyscale errors in one of the other brighter panasonic presets will give you a stonkingly good picture which is actually bright.

Convergent-AV
ISF, Home Theater Consultants and Distribution, U.K.
post #6 of 6 Old 07-08-2012, 11:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackscorpio View Post

Nice! Enjoy.
Reply Video Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page