Questions about wireless streaming of HD video (on a robot!) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-18-2012, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all,

This is my first post, and I'm a bit of an A/V noob.

I'm working on a project for work with a mobile robot. I need to have two HD camera's onboard the robot. Right now I'm looking at some of Sony's block cameras that come with either HD-SDI, or HDMI output.

Also onboard the robot I have a small embedded computer that has limited computation resources and limitied I/O options. It has Gigebyte ethernet, a few usb ports, a ExpressCard/34 slot and an internal Mini-PCLe slot and other unrelated stuff.

I need to transmit video from the to cameras to an offboard laptop for viewing...and I can't figure out how to do this. Does anyone know of a way to network HD-SDI cameras. I'd like to find a magic box that takes in two HD-SDI feeds, and the output is GigE (or USB?) that I can run to a wireless router or straight into my onboard computer. I'm not aware of any ExpressCards or PCLe type products out there that can do this, so I'm assuming it'll be an external box (external to my computer that is).

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Aaron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-18-2012, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 362
A quick Web search turned up some devices by Teradek which claim to connect HD-SDI to ethernet (cube-100) or wifi (cube-120). They aren't cheap, though. List seems to be about $1700. I'm sure there are other suppliers, too.

Disclaimer: I know nothing about this company or how reputable they might be. Their devices just happened to be near the top of the list of results.

Selden
post #3 of 3 Old 06-18-2012, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks man. That is exactly what I had in mind. Now I'm off to find a cheaper one hopefully (at least now I know they exist).
Reply Video Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page