3D on edge blenders, geometry- and pip video processors? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-09-2012, 11:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So far, my unqualified opinion is no.

I tested several video processors that allow the input of 3d refresh rates. I also tested this with 3d generated content at 50hz/60hz (25/60 per eye) on vps that only allow standard refresh rates.
The problem with 3d when run through a video processor is that the left eye and right eye information is switched every few seconds - the frame "1" left eye and frame "2" right eye will be switched every few seconds to: Frame "1" rigth eye and frame "2" left eye.

That will force you to switch polarity of your glasses every few seconds (time is depending on the difference between input and output refresh rate behind the comma between 3d source and edge blender or other vps).

The reason might be that some vps do not process all frames, but I guess there is most of the time a different reason. As the refresh rate probably differs on certain 3d sources on three digits behind the comma (96,02hz). The vps will have the same refreshrate before the comma (96,04) - but probably a different rate than the 3d source behind the comma. So I guess a vp that can handle 3d, must have a refresh lock function? Are any edge blenders, geometry- and pip videoprocessors known to have this?

regards

Marc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-28-2012, 08:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Image AnyPlace-3D by Flexible Picture Systems is a passive 3D system designed from their Edge Blending and Geometry Correction video processors. The system comes with polarization filters for the projectors and matching plastic glasses. They demonstrated this at InfoComm 2012 and at CEDIA 2011, and it is now a shipping product. You can basically project onto any screen shape and the image can be scaled to as large as you like.

You can read more about it on their website: http://www.flexiblepicturesystems.com/products/imageanyplace3d.html There are also videos online from the shows, demonstrating the technology.

Hope this helps!
Reply Video Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page