Crystalio II VPS 3300 (No Audio over HDMI) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 09-16-2012, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

I found a used Crystalio II VPS3300 for around $850. It arrived yesterday and I just hooked it up. Did have some issues getting source to display (kept saying no input detected) and source kept blinking on and off on T.V But it seems to be working alright at the mement. However, for some reason when using HDMI Input 1 and HDMI Output 1, I am getting no audio to my T.V. Source is an Xbox 360 v.i HDMI set to Stereo audio and nothing in the menu seems to be helping. Any thoughts/help? smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-16-2012, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter

Audio issue seems to have been fixed by doing a hard reset (unplugging power cord and plugging back in). However, I am really having problems with the picture going on and off. With both PS3 and Xbox 360, when playing actual games (not XMB or Xbox Menu), the source image will display then go black and then come back to source image the go black again, over and over. Pausing the game stops it, but when you unpause it issue returns. It is like it is loosing sync because the frame rate is not constant or something... ? When this happens the VPS3300 just says no signal on the little screen and on my T.V. Help? frown.gif
post #3 of 6 Old 09-16-2012, 01:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
regarding the audio issue: had the same when I first played with a CII and found that the HDMI config was set to DVI compatibility - somewhere very deep in the settings.

What's your display ? Do you have the same blinking issues when you use a different output resolution, e.g. 720p ? I found the stardard 1080p timing of the CII to be rather odd and rather imcompatible with my Sony TV set. I changed the timings to what the Radiance units offer as their "alternative 1080p timings". I can't check the timings at the moment, but somebody in the Radiance thread can easily do this for you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 6 Old 09-16-2012, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I found mine also set to Force DVI mode. Switched to auto and did hard reset and now have audio over HDMI.

As for the blinking issue, seems to be the same for 720p and 1080p when using the VPS3300 with my 73" 2011 Mitsubishi 3D DLP T.V.

For the timings, do you mean the settings found on the Output -> Resolution menu?
post #5 of 6 Old 09-16-2012, 02:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
yes, if you go down in the menu, you can input manual timings for 1080p60 output. I had severe problems with the standard timings, so I would say it's a good idea to try different ones.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 Old 09-16-2012, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter

Are you using a refresh rate of 60 or 59.94? If you have a chance, please post the settings you are using for the other options on that page.
I would like to try them ASAP as I would like to know if it is a settings problems or a unit issue. Will also try the Radiance thread.

Also, I have no blacking issues when using an XRGB Mini with the VPS3300 (240p to Mini to 720p to VPS3300 for 1080p).
Reply Video Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page