Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 10-08-2012, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Hi guys,

I'm new to the whole video processor scene as I just recently purchased the Darbee Darblet. So far I love it and it adds a much crisper image to my Mitsubishi WD-82840. However, there's one thing it doesn't do and I'm not sure any video processor on the market can. I was curious if there's a way for an advanced video processor to add Frame Interpolation or Dejudder to give the picture a smooth image and even the dreaded SOE (which I actually happen to enjoy) I've owned most of the higher end tv's on the market with this technology built into the TV but didn't know if that can be implemented into a video processor or if it has to be something the TV does itself.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-08-2012, 01:14 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Most people shut off that particular feature in these threads. It can give the image an artificial smoothness and dreamy trails that appears distracting to most purists. It isn't nearly perfected. I think what you are looking for is a increase in the frame rate itself to reduce judder. My DVDO Duo only goes to 60 Hz, which is enough for me. Lumagen sells a very expensive 72 Hz VP, but it only works if your TV can take a 72 Hz picture.
post #3 of 7 Old 10-10-2012, 08:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked: 397
Most HDTVs can only accept input signals at either 24 fps (Blu-ray) or 60 Hz (most other things). Even if a video processor could do frame interpolation, the TV wouldn't accept it.

Josh Z
Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
Curator, Laserdisc Forever

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.

post #4 of 7 Old 10-11-2012, 04:16 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
My pioneer 9th gen plasma monitor accepts 48hz from my crystalio II (and DVDO). It does not accept 72hz. I am pretty sure there are other displays which accepts 48hz. I settled on 24hz out from Crystalio II and and have the tv triple (repeats frames) to 72hz.
post #5 of 7 Old 10-11-2012, 04:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 36
Which DVDO does 48Hz? If it's only doubling 24fps (not what the OP wants) I see no point.

Audiosceptics accept audio trials using 25 people. A recent Oxford study with over 353,000 patient records from 639 separate clinical trials shows for every 1,000 people taking diclofenac or ibuprofen there would be 3 additional heart attacks, 4 more cases of heart failure and 1 death every year.

post #6 of 7 Old 10-12-2012, 04:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
48Hz was interesting a few years ago, when displays (or beamers) wouldn't accept 1080p24, but would accept 1080p48. A few years ago I had a HD-Ready LCD display from LG (with 1366x768) which would not recognize a 1080p24 input, but would work with 1080p48 from a DVDO. All DVDO processors prior to the Edge did custom timings with framelocked 48Hz output.
post #7 of 7 Old 10-13-2012, 12:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 36
I see, thanks, never saw 48fps as part of the HDMI spec so wasn't aware it's allowed. But 48Hz causes flicker (I see flicker in the cinema), a few years ago people didn't like the 48Hz on the first Panasonic plasmas that accepted 24p.

Audiosceptics accept audio trials using 25 people. A recent Oxford study with over 353,000 patient records from 639 separate clinical trials shows for every 1,000 people taking diclofenac or ibuprofen there would be 3 additional heart attacks, 4 more cases of heart failure and 1 death every year.

Reply Video Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page