Best hook-up for iScan Duo?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-09-2012, 05:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Adding an iScan Duo to my home theater and I'm debating the best way to do the hook-up. I tried inserting the Duo after my AVR and then passing it through the Darblet then to my projector but had a lot of lip sync that I could not adjust either way to get it to look right. The only other way to hook this up would be to run all my inputs into the Duo and send the HDMI signal to the AVR for audio processing then out to the Darblet on to the projector. This seemed to work better for the lip-sync.
Just wanted to get some feedback from Duo or Mini users as to how you are using these processors with your other components. I would eliminate the Duo altogether but I am using it for CMS with my projector. Suggestions please....

Clark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-09-2012, 05:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Depends on your sources and the ability of the AVR to pass a video signal untouched. For movie BDs it doesn't matter, but - for example - if you have a 1080i concert BD, you want to make sure that the 1080i signals gets from your player to the Duo untouched. Same for SD content.

If you want to keep the Duo behind the AVR you can check the actual video processing delay in the Duo's menu (where you adjust the lip sync delay). Just pull the slider down to the absolute negative. The shown delay is what the processor adds (e.g. -56ms would mean 56ms). You have to add this by hand to your AVR's audio processing. If you pass video and audio through the Duo and go into the AVR after that, this won't be neccessary, since the Duo delays audio just by the right ms amount.

Darblet always last before the display or projector of course.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-09-2012, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudoh View Post

Depends on your sources and the ability of the AVR to pass a video signal untouched. For movie BDs it doesn't matter, but - for example - if you have a 1080i concert BD, you want to make sure that the 1080i signals gets from your player to the Duo untouched. Same for SD content.
If you want to keep the Duo behind the AVR you can check the actual video processing delay in the Duo's menu (where you adjust the lip sync delay). Just pull the slider down to the absolute negative. The shown delay is what the processor adds (e.g. -56ms would mean 56ms). You have to add this by hand to your AVR's audio processing. If you pass video and audio through the Duo and go into the AVR after that, this won't be neccessary, since the Duo delays audio just by the right ms amount.
Darblet always last before the display or projector of course.

Thankyou for the reply. I was trying to adjust the delay by moving the slider so I guess that's what was causing me the problems. I needed to change the delay in the receiver. I need to re-read the manual again. I may just go with the Duo as my AV hub and leave the Onkyo 5009 as the audio processor. Is it best to send the audio to the AVR from the audio only HDMI output or use the second HDMI 2 output?

Clark
Reply Video Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page