Crystallio II VPS3800 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-07-2013, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hey Guys,

I have a Crystallio II VSP3800. Which i had upgraded from a VP50 which had been upgraded from a VP30+ ABT102D card.

The reason why i state all 3 VPs that i currently have, is due to the fact that i have an opportunity to buy a DVDO ISCAN Duo at the moment and was considering it as its a lot newer than all my other VPs and i presume the technology would have improved and gotten more advanced. It also has more HDMI inputs and outputs and supports 1.3 which is more compatible with my needs probably. I wanted to get peoples opinions on how it would compare with my current VPs especially the Crystallio and the VP50..

I have a JVC HD550 projector and a Samsung 58" Plasma. My sources are Satellite HD TV (has a lot of SD channels on it too although i mainly try to watch HD on it), PC, Xbox360, PS3 and HTPC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-08-2013, 04:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
The Duo (CMS aside) has the processing nearly identical to the 50Pro and the Edge. Compared to the VP50 that's the same deinterlacing, but with a sharper and more aggressive scaling engine. The VXP in your CII is much smoother when it comes to scaling. I could imagine that you prefer the Duo on a small screen, but on a projector it's hard to switch from a CII to a current DVDO machine.
Reply Video Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page