DARBEE Cobalt - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 05-28-2013, 07:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Nakenergy, thx for your input too. Regards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2013, 12:52 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post

After 5 days of use, my general observations on the Cobalt with my Sharp 80"632:

Significant improvement in details & pop on sports content especially hockey, much harder to figure out settings on movies & general content tv shows.

All in all a bargain at $220, just hope it lasts, the 90 day warranty is pathetic, Darbee are you listening? Need to step up that warranty to a year.

Per the manufacturer's website, the warranty is now one year.

http://darbeevision.com/warranty
Old 10-20-2013, 07:30 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hello,

I am in the process of redoing my home theater and during my searching of the threads here I stumbled across the "Darbee" video processors. So I started doing a little reading and now I am getting bit by the upgrade bug lol. So now I am thinking about adding a Darbee Cobalt to my setup.

Here is what I have ...
Epson 705hd "720p" projector
92 inch screen (redoing it and painting it Silver Fire diy mix)
Onkyo tx-nr709
PS3 for blu ray player and games
Xbox 360
Fios HD

The projector is ran as the main display. Would adding a Darbee Cobalt help improve or would it just be a waste because it is 720p image? I am mainly looking to I guess tighten up the Fios HD, blu rays look very good as well as xbox 360. My other concern is I would like to do a set it and forget it set up and not have to constantly adjust it when I switch to a different source.

Thank you
Old 10-22-2013, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu_One View Post

The processing in the Darblet and Cobalt is the same as the algorithms are the same in both components. The only difference is that the Darblet has HDMI 1.4 (3D) whereas the Cobalt has HDMI 1.3 (non-3D capable).

The question of fine adjustments (1%) vs. the standard 5% is a non-issue imo, the adjustment scale goes up to 120% or even 130% (don't quite remember which one), so making adjustments of 1% or 5% (not really % since the scale doesn't stop at 100, kinda misleading if you assume it ends at 100, because it sure doesn't) won't really make a difference at all. I would challenge anyone to try and see a difference in Darblet settings only 5% apart.. would be really hard to discern a noticeable difference in PQ.

If you don't use 3D, AND don't plan on using it in the future, then the Cobalt is the way to go considering the price difference between the two... processing and PQ will be exactly the same between the two. cool.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu_One View Post

^^^

And... the Cobalt casing is BLUE, much nicer that the grey on the Darblet imo. biggrin.gifcool.gif
OK very confused here...I ordered a dvp 5000 from solid last week (one day $230 deal of the day) and its blue with only 5% adjustment increments and does work with 3d ?? are the blue cases what they all use now? and is the 5% just in a new firmware release?
Old 10-22-2013, 10:56 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 505 Post(s)
Liked: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post

OK very confused here...I ordered a dvp 5000 from solid last week (one day $230 deal of the day) and its blue with only 5% adjustment increments and does work with 3d ?? are the blue cases what they all use now? and is the 5% just in a new firmware release?

Have you done into the setup menu to see if there's an option to enable fine-tuning?

Josh Z
Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
Curator, Laserdisc Forever

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.

Old 03-06-2014, 10:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 528 Post(s)
Liked: 692
Old 03-06-2014, 03:58 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatee View Post

Would adding a Darbee Cobalt help improve or would it just be a waste because it is 720p image?

I've noticed a significant PQ improvement on my 720p / 140" scope screen setup using the Darblet in 'HiDef' setting b/w 60 - 80%, depending on the image quality of the bd source biggrin.gifeek.gifsmile.gif ... have not tried it with my hdtv sat box, which of course would be 720p as well.

HiDef S c o p e Fanboy-man