Can't get Darblet (DarbeeVision 5000) to work with my Onkyo receiver. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 01-17-2013, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Needs some help.
Before I send the Darblet back I figured I'd ask the experts if there might be a work around.

Onkyo TX-NR906 (HDMI 1.3a) >>>>> 3 ft HDMI cable >>>>DARBEE Visual Presence DVP 5000 DARBLET HDMI High-Defintion Image Enhancer>>>> Panasonic PT-AE2000U (Non 3D) projector, 30 ' cable.

I have been in contact with Darbee tech support and the Darblet is suppose to be bacward compatible with HDMI 1.3. No matter what I do, I can't get an image to show from the projector. The green light on the Darblet blinks irradically but never shakes hands with the Onkyo. I even tried putting the Darblet just befor the projector. I've also gone into the Onkyo and set all video processing off and the HDMI output to "Through" but still can't get an image. I have 2 MDMI outputs on the Onkyo. (have to select an outputted to only one deive at a time). The other output goes to a 73 Mitz HD RPTV. I've tried it on that TV and still get the blinking green light on the Darblet with no hand shake and video. I heard, after I had purchased the (then top of the line Onkyo) about 4 years ago that sometimes it didn't play nice using the HDMI oitups but I never had an issue untill now. I know the Darblet works because if I hook it up to my PS3 the green light goes solid and passes the video immediatley with no issues.

Any thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 01:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Just a suggestion.

In the regular Darbee thread, many people seemed to have fixed problems by replacing a 3 ft hdmi cable with a longer one, like 10 ft.

Best I can suggest.

Steve
Old 01-17-2013, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the quick reply. I had tried a longer cable, at least 10' but didn't help. I am sorry if this is the wrong thread, thought by the discussions that I had the correct one.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anderdea View Post

Thanks for the quick reply. I had tried a longer cable, at least 10' but didn't help. I am sorry if this is the wrong thread, thought by the discussions that I had the correct one.

Can I just confirm that you do get a picture on the tv with the Onkyo out of the chain?

Try in this thread for more expert help than I could ever provide. Good luck!

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1399154/darbee-vision-darblet
Old 01-17-2013, 08:24 PM - Thread Starter

Everything works just fine on my Mitz 73" RPTV and my Panny projector in normal operation with the Darblet out of the chain.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:37 AM
Advanced Member

Try posting in the link above.

Tags
Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor