Video Processor to Stretch PSP Component Output? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-12-2013, 06:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I find that I'm using my PSP more and more (mostly for the awesome SRPGs it has).

However, the PSP outputs kind of a weird resolution ("480*272, letterboxed within the 480p frame" according to what I could find on the web).

This causes the image to not fill the entire screen of my Sony 55HX929, even when I use the ZOOM mode.

So, I'm looking for a video processor which will allow me to scale the PSP's output to fill the whole screen.

Would a DVDO Edge or DVDO Edge Green do what I want? Or is that overkill?

Also, I've heard that the Edge Green has an issue with 240p material that the normal Edge doesn't have?

Any input would be welcome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-12-2013, 11:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
There are two PSP Scalers out there. Both from Lenkeng. One's Component to VGA (LKV7000) , the other one component to HDMI (LKV8000). Quality is quite nice. Certainly better what an Edge would make of the same signal and cheaper as well ($50-$65).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-13-2013, 04:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudoh View Post

There are two PSP Scalers out there. Both from Lenkeng. One's Component to VGA (LKV7000) , the other one component to HDMI (LKV8000). Quality is quite nice. Certainly better what an Edge would make of the same signal and cheaper as well ($50-$65).

Thanks for the recommendation. The price does look appearling.

But is there a particular reason that you think it will do scaling much better than the Edge?
post #4 of 4 Old 02-13-2013, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I can just speak from experience. If you check my site, you can see that I reviewed them all. The Edge's scaling engine isn't suited for graphic material and even less so if you apply a lot of overscan to get the 272 PSP lines to fullscreen.

If you have a VGA port on your TV Set, I would even recommend the LKV7000 oder the 8000 version.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply Video Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page