From composite video to doubled digital video? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-13-2013, 08:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So, I'm looking for a converter or series of converters that will take a composite RCA video signal, and transform it into a digital video signal at 1280*800, DVI or HDMI. But here's the thing: The video should actually be doubled and shown side by side, so 640×800 for each image (black boxes above/under the images to correct aspect ratio is fine). The latency would also have to be as low as possible, because it's going to be viewed live. A bonus would be for the image to have a slight "fisheye" effect, but that's not 100% necessary.

Would this be possible at all for a decent price (max $100-ish)? Are there hardware that does this, or maybe I can use an RCA USB recorder and process the image on a laptop?

What I'm trying to do is to make an RCA signal from a live feed from an RC helicopter viewable on the upcoming Oculus Rift. Here's an example of how the video signal needs to look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85KtcZ4NNL4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-19-2013, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Bump..

I did some searching and I found these two thingies. If I run the signal through both of these, with the 3d converter set to side by side and lowest possible depth, would that work? Would there be any notable latency? Does anyone have experience with these sort of converters?

www.ebay.com/itm/280993783685
www.ebay.com/itm/170976138135
Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page