Darbee Remote Codes? Frustrated! now SOLVED! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 02-18-2013, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 227
Why can't Darbee simply publish the remote codes? They are a small American company that reads this forum.

I don't want to horse around with the GC IR learner which APPROXIMATES the proper codes.

I don't want to do a shoddy "glue an IR emitter" to the case.

You provide a 3.5mm jack, how about some guidance for people to utilize it?

1) I read it is 3.3v. A zener diode inside my cable will take car of a 5v problem.

2) Does the 3.5mm need to see the nominal 40khz carrier or does it want the raw data? A GC100 interface can do either.

3) Please confirm that the ring connection on a stereo 3.5mm plug is the IR into the Darbee.

4) Is the input pulled up to +3.3v?

5) We need the codes in an industry standard format like Phillips Pronto. A simple text file is all that's needed. After all there are only eight codes.

P.S. the codes in the IRULE library DO NOT WORK.

Glimmie's HT Page
Being redone - comming soon!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-18-2013, 02:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Search the Darblet thread. All of these points have been covered including the HEX codes posted.
post #3 of 7 Old 02-18-2013, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by praz View Post

Search the Darblet thread. All of these points have been covered including the HEX codes posted.

I did but I have no information on how they were discovered. They could have errors from a learning device.

I want the official codes from the manufacture. The must have them in order to build the device. So please publish them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarbeeDr

The IR IN on the Darblet expects a pin-out, from tip to sleeve of: (3.3V VCC Out, 3.3V IR In, GND). If an external, powered IR extender is being used, a 3.3V IR signal should thus be present on the ring (middle contact), GND connected on the sleeve, and the tip should be left disconnected (because the Darblet is supplying 3.3V there, expecting an unpowered IR extender).
The Darblet uses 38kHz Innotech codes for its IR communication. Simple learning remotes had no issue learning these codes.
WARNING: Do not mis-connect or apply more than 3.3V to the IR IN port. Some extender systems may operate at 5V, and may thus damage the Darblet and void warranty.
-DD

This is not an answer. Where do I find the data bytes for "GAMING" in this Innotech format? Why is this such a secret?

Glimmie's HT Page

post #4 of 7 Old 02-18-2013, 02:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 26
All the codes are posted in at least two separate posts as well as the info regarding the remote IR interface. Otherwise I suggest emailing Darbee directly. My MX remotes work fine with the Darblet as well as the IR extender that I'm using. Good luck.
post #5 of 7 Old 02-18-2013, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by praz View Post

All the codes are posted in at least two separate posts as well as the info regarding the remote IR interface. Otherwise I suggest emailing Darbee directly. My MX remotes work fine with the Darblet as well as the IR extender that I'm using. Good luck.

Does the IR jack need the carrier or not. If it's wrong, it won't work either way. Yes, just try it both ways but when you have several unknowns, your test matrix increases exponentially.

Glimmie's HT Page

post #6 of 7 Old 02-18-2013, 06:20 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Here is the answer I got. Have not tried it myself.

"The IR IN on the Darblet expects a pin-out, from tip to sleeve of: (3.3V VCC Out, 3.3V IR In, GND). If an external, powered IR extender is being used, a 3.3V IR signal should thus be present on the ring (middle contact), GND connected on the sleeve, and the tip should be left disconnected (because the Darblet is supplying 3.3V there, expecting an unpowered IR extender).

WARNING: Do not mis-connect or apply more than 3.3V to the IR IN port. Some extender systems may operate at 5V, and may thus damage the Darblet and void warranty."

Any IR snake that has these specs should work fine.
post #7 of 7 Old 02-18-2013, 09:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

SOLVED! GC100 users take note:

Poking around inside the Darblet I discovered it's internal IR receiver outputs a demodulated (no carrier present) active low bit stream. The GC100 outputs an active high bit stream, and at 5 volts too but we knew that already.

I hardware inverted the signal and now it works. I'm not sure if just inverting (XOR) the codes would work as the Darbee may need to see a high level sleep state on the IR connector. This little circuit also solves the 5v / 3.3v problem.

You will need:

qty 1) 10K 1/8w resistor (1/4w OK too, just bigger)
qty 1) 4.7K 1/8w resistor
qty 1) General purpose small NPN transistor, 2N3904 , 2N2222, etc

1) Wire the 4.7k resistor between the 3.5mm tip and the ring terminal.

2) Wire the transistor collector lead to the ring terminal.

3) Wire the transistor emitter lead to the 3.5mm sleeve or ground.

4) Attach one end of the 10k resistor to the transistor base lead.

5) Connect the GC100 IR cable positive or center pin to the other end of the 10k resistor.

6) Connect the ground or sleeve of the GC100 cable to the Darblet 3.5mm plug sleeve or ground terminal (same place transistor emitter lead was attached).

You have just built a hardware inverter which will also conevrt the 5v level to 3.3v. You can built this inside the plug body or externally and cover with heatshrink. Note that the power to operate this circuit comes from the Darblet.

Set the GC100 IR port to IR NO CARRIER mode on the GC100's setup WEB page.

I found the codes posted on AVS work fine.

Glimmie's HT Page

Reply Video Processors

Tags
Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page