3D PC GAMING 30hz CONVERTED to 60hz? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-22-2013, 01:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Is there any way I could have SVP or something similar like InterFrame kinda Motion Interpolation plugin scripts running in the background as I was playing a PC gaming in either a windowed mode or full screen? If I could cheat my 3D games that run 30hz to run 60hz... This would be an amazing thing... No need for crappy HDTV and their Motion Interpolation software trickery and marketing!

This would be a dream. Is there anyway to implement the real time use of this plug in as a DLL or something that would run along side of the PC game? I think it is possible because you can you use it in real time with videos and video streams...

Does anybody know of an external video processor that would add Frame rate conversion : motion interpolation in real time? THAT DOES NOT COST 75K dollars haha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-22-2013, 08:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
I think it is possible because you can you use it in real time with videos and video streams...
but real time doesn't mean lag-free and that's the problem. If you run a software which would buffer your game's output and apply motion interpolation, you'd be looking at the same delay a modern TVs introduces by doing the interpolation on it's own.

There's been an approach to this some years ago already. You can read up on it here: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-force-unleashed-60fps-tech-article but I don't that it has gone anywhere...
post #3 of 3 Old 06-22-2013, 08:09 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
The Lag would be okay. I just want the option. 30hz 360 games suck, imagine being able to convert them to much better frame rates. DO you know of any external video processors that do frame rate conversions like this?
Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page