Lumagen Radiance 20XX Support Thread - Page 12 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #331 of 340 Old 03-18-2015, 12:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 433 Post(s)
Liked: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrp View Post
Kelvin1965S:

<<<Snip>>>
Jim, are we going to be able to use the upcoming 4K 3DLUT processor Lumagen with ArgyllCMS.????

You said some time ago that you would be working with Graeme Gill (ArgyllCMS creator), so we can use your Lumagen's with ArgyllCMS for large 3DLUT's.

ss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 340 Old 03-18-2015, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter
jrp
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
Jim, are we going to be able to use the upcoming 4K 3DLUT processor Lumagen with ArgyllCMS.????

You said some time ago that you would be working with Graeme Gill (ArgyllCMS creator), so we can use your Lumagen's with ArgyllCMS for large 3DLUT's.
The upcoming 4k input to output Radiance product has 3D LUT capability using the same interface as the current generation of Radiance product. You would need to contact Graeme to see if he has any plans to support the Radiance 3D LUT interface.

Jim Peterson
Lumagen
post #333 of 340 Old 03-18-2015, 02:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 433 Post(s)
Liked: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrp View Post
The upcoming 4k input to output Radiance product has 3D LUT capability using the same interface as the current generation of Radiance product. You would need to contact Graeme to see if he has any plans to support the Radiance 3D LUT interface.
He said he would support the Radiance. You said you would send him one so he could create support in ArgyllCMS for the Radiance.
As it stands now you would have to use HTPC or eecolor box for any 3DLUTs made using Argyll CMS. So it would be a plus for you and your upcoming 4K Lumagen to have support with Argyll CMS.

His E-Mail is graeme@argyllcms.com

Thanks,

ss
post #334 of 340 Old 04-13-2015, 04:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 546 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Sometimes I find it rather hard to know if all the video processing is really OFF on an AVR when I change brands with my Lumagen connected. Some just are not clear in the menu...

I dont want any video processing going on at all from my Marantz AV 8802 due to having a Lumagen in the chain, what settings do you have to make on the video menu?
The 8802 is no different in the menu to the Denon AVR X5020 I just replaced.

When you turn things OFF are they really OFF?

Murray Thompson
X Owner RapalloAV
CinemascopE Home Cinema Build & 2014 rebuild
post #335 of 340 Old 04-14-2015, 04:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 18
The avr might do color space conversion for on screen display which might degrade video or not. They may also clip peak white or blacker than black if the hw has those limits.

Running radiance directly to your display is the best but you lose osd from your avr.
post #336 of 340 Old 04-30-2015, 06:07 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hey Guys, just picked up a 2020 to help me with aspect ratio issues on my CIH set up. Now that I have it, it seems to be a waste to not take advantage of the CMS. Not being a pro calibration guy myself, can anyone recommend a guy for the San Diego area? Thanks
post #337 of 340 Old 05-11-2015, 01:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 122
I can't help with recommending a Pro calibrator (as I'm UK based anyway), but I can say that it will be worthwhile making use of the calibration side of the Radiance. Just using the aspect ratio controls is only scratching the surface of what it can do.

I finally got round to running the autocal with my 2041 on my X500 using Chromapure and after a few teething problems (thanks again to Gordon Fraser ) I got fantastic results with 0% 'poor' dEs (ie over 3) on the advanced colour calibration (something like 85% under 1.5dE too of the 729 points. I've only had chance to watch one film on it since this calibration, but it looks fantastic with no banding/posturisation or other issues either.

Since I use a HDMI splitter I've use some other memories for two different TVs as well. The 2041 also sorted out an audio issue I had using the splitter as was able to set up a user EDID in the 2041 so that my Oppo 'ignores' the splitter and outputs DTS-MA via HDMI anyway. Previously the splitter would cause the Oppo to drop to PCM. Now I can watch/listen to discrete audio in my second room too.

I know I'm well behind the curve getting my 2041, but it is proving to be even better than my previous Mini3D.

Zooming: Been there, done that, bought the lens, sold the lens...now using e-shift.
post #338 of 340 Old 05-12-2015, 12:55 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
On my 2041 my Oppo almost always doesn't show image, and the only way I've found to get it is to go into the Video EDID and change that value, it doesn't seem to make any difference what it is set to, just changing it works. Any ideas? I've tried changing the hotplug value, no difference.
post #339 of 340 Old 05-12-2015, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepsky4565 View Post
On my 2041 my Oppo almost always doesn't show image, and the only way I've found to get it is to go into the Video EDID and change that value, it doesn't seem to make any difference what it is set to, just changing it works. Any ideas? I've tried changing the hotplug value, no difference.
How long is the hdmi cable from Oppo to scaler? What output resolution is Oppo set to?

I'd normally suggest using NATIVE output res and at least a 2m long hdmi cable. You could set the Oppo to 1080P output to test trying to get things stable to start. Also, if the Oppo is one with dual outputs try the alternate output and see if you get the same behaviour

Convergent-AV
ISF, Home Theater Consultants and Distribution, U.K.
post #340 of 340 Old 05-13-2015, 02:50 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Well differing lengths of cable didn't do anything, but switching to output 2 seems to work so far. Thanks!
post #341 of 340 Unread Today, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked: 717
Lumagen Radiance 20XX Series (2021, 2022, 2041, 2042) New 080415 Firmware Update

Release Notes

Fix for problem with setting vertical shift greater than 0 when using output shrink (a combination sometimes used for setting up a 2.35 output aspect).

Fix for issues with not displaying video source correctly in a rare situation.

Improved reliability of output video connection.

(Update time ~3 minutes @57k)

Download Link

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page