Lumagen Radiance 20XX Support Thread - Page 12 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 20Likes

post #331 of 335 Old 03-18-2015, 12:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrp View Post
Kelvin1965S:

<<<Snip>>>
Jim, are we going to be able to use the upcoming 4K 3DLUT processor Lumagen with ArgyllCMS.????

You said some time ago that you would be working with Graeme Gill (ArgyllCMS creator), so we can use your Lumagen's with ArgyllCMS for large 3DLUT's.

ss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 335 Old 03-18-2015, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter
jrp
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
Jim, are we going to be able to use the upcoming 4K 3DLUT processor Lumagen with ArgyllCMS.????

You said some time ago that you would be working with Graeme Gill (ArgyllCMS creator), so we can use your Lumagen's with ArgyllCMS for large 3DLUT's.
The upcoming 4k input to output Radiance product has 3D LUT capability using the same interface as the current generation of Radiance product. You would need to contact Graeme to see if he has any plans to support the Radiance 3D LUT interface.

Jim Peterson
Lumagen
post #333 of 335 Old 03-18-2015, 02:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrp View Post
The upcoming 4k input to output Radiance product has 3D LUT capability using the same interface as the current generation of Radiance product. You would need to contact Graeme to see if he has any plans to support the Radiance 3D LUT interface.
He said he would support the Radiance. You said you would send him one so he could create support in ArgyllCMS for the Radiance.
As it stands now you would have to use HTPC or eecolor box for any 3DLUTs made using Argyll CMS. So it would be a plus for you and your upcoming 4K Lumagen to have support with Argyll CMS.

His E-Mail is graeme@argyllcms.com

Thanks,

ss
post #334 of 335 Old Yesterday, 04:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Sometimes I find it rather hard to know if all the video processing is really OFF on an AVR when I change brands with my Lumagen connected. Some just are not clear in the menu...

I dont want any video processing going on at all from my Marantz AV 8802 due to having a Lumagen in the chain, what settings do you have to make on the video menu?
The 8802 is no different in the menu to the Denon AVR X5020 I just replaced.

When you turn things OFF are they really OFF?
post #335 of 335 Old Today, 04:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 16
The avr might do color space conversion for on screen display which might degrade video or not. They may also clip peak white or blacker than black if the hw has those limits.

Running radiance directly to your display is the best but you lose osd from your avr.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors