post #181 of 229 Old 05-16-2014, 04:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 409
Lumagen Radiance 20XX Series (2022, 2042) New 050914 Firmware Update

Release Notes

Bugfix for composite inputs (2022,2042 only) not working in 050114-050814 firmware. (Update time ~3 minutes @57k)

Download Link

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS + CalMAN ColorChecker
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 229 Old 05-19-2014, 07:23 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 244
I've been having a frustrating problem:

When I'm watching my cable TV, a lumagen menu box appears on screen. It looks like an "info" screen. And I believe this tends to happen when I try to fast forward or reverse through a show. I have to keep
going into my Lumagen menu to turn it off.

Any solution?
post #183 of 229 Old 05-19-2014, 07:47 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Harkness View Post

When I'm watching my cable TV, a lumagen menu box appears on screen. It looks like an "info" screen. And I believe this tends to happen when I try to fast forward or reverse through a show. I have to keep

Any solution?

Possible IR conflict? Many cable/satellite boxes you can set up an alternate IR for the remote.
Just a guess - good luck
post #184 of 229 Old 05-19-2014, 03:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Quote:

Any solution?

Yes I have seen the same thing. When I used my 2041 as a patch generator via the RS 232/USB connected to my PC that is running my Calibration software. If I go into the 2041 using the Lumagen remote to manual put up a centering pattern for my meter, I will some times get the "Info screen".

I am no longer using my 2041 at all, because of the reference patch issue that Lumagen (Jim) seems not to be doing anything about.

ss
post #185 of 229 Old 05-19-2014, 07:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Hi all
Ive sent an email to support but just curious if anyone can help me here. I'm controlling the lumagen via rs232 via the pronto tsu 9800 and for the life of me cannot make a 2:40 button using Alt and 2:35 function on the remote via Rs232. Going via Infra red is easy, but I prefer Rs232. With Infra red the delay between the two is 1.50 sec. Ive tried the delay with Rs232 but I keep getting 2:35. Anyone doing the same thing? Just curious to read what delay you have put on between the functions.

Thanks
Frank

Frank

post #186 of 229 Old 05-19-2014, 08:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post

Yes I have seen the same thing. When I used my 2041 as a patch generator via the RS 232/USB connected to my PC that is running my Calibration software. If I go into the 2041 using the Lumagen remote to manual put up a centering pattern for my meter, I will some times get the "Info screen".

I am no longer using my 2041 at all, because of the reference patch issue that Lumagen (Jim) seems not to be doing anything about.

ss

Hey SS have you tried turning off the Delimeters on the Lumagen when hooking up to a PC via USB-RS232? I know that works for me.
sillysally likes this.

Frank

post #187 of 229 Old 05-19-2014, 11:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Hello Franin.

Thank's for the tip, but yes my Delimeters are turned off. So that is not what's is causing the info window to pop up.

Anyway for me that is just a minor issue and something I could work around very easily. My big issue is the reference triplet patterns being less than reference. o(

ss
post #188 of 229 Old 05-20-2014, 01:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post

because of the reference patch issue that Lumagen (Jim) seems not to be doing anything about.

ss

Actually this is not the case at all. The patch accuracy is on the list of things for Patrick to look in to...but they have just released a new product and getting it stable has been the priority. There is and has been work going on in private about that though, just because it is not public and you are not privy to it does not mean there is inaction.

Convergent-AV
ISF, Home Theater Consultants and Distribution, U.K.
post #189 of 229 Old 05-20-2014, 03:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Fraser View Post

Actually this is not the case at all. The patch accuracy is on the list of things for Patrick to look in to...but they have just released a new product and getting it stable has been the priority. There is and has been work going on in private about that though, just because it is not public and you are not privy to it does not mean there is inaction.

Thanks for the update.

ss
post #190 of 229 Old 05-22-2014, 08:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Just want to say a Thank You to Lumagen support ( Patrick ) for providing me the update to help fix the "Alt" key for Rs232. What this allows now is a one button push on my pronto for 2:40 on Rs232. I had it for Ir but prefer Rs232 control. You guys are top of your game when it comes to video processors and support. Regarding support a lot of manufacturers should take a leaf out of your book because you guys listen to your customers.

On another note had to recently purchase a new JVC DILA X35 projector due to my old one having issues (RS60U) and had to recalibrate my image and using the 3D Lut and i will say it again the image is stunning on a Stewart Studio tech 130 G3. With a Lumagen you don't have to spend too much on a projector because once calibrating with a Lumagen the picture is amazing.

Thanks Lumagen
ConnecTEDDD likes this.

Frank

post #191 of 229 Old 05-24-2014, 10:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoering View Post

Possible IR conflict? Many cable/satellite boxes you can set up an alternate IR for the remote.
Just a guess - good luck

I guess I don't understand because I can't see how that would result in the Lumagen mistakenly throwing up the info screen. Could you explain
what course of action you might suggest?

And for Lumagen staff who might be looking at the thread: I still can not fast forward recorded programs (on my Scientific Atlanta PVR) without the Lumagen info screen popping on and covering
the image.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
post #192 of 229 Old 05-24-2014, 11:11 AM

Liked: 19
Quote:

I guess I don't understand because I can't see how that would result in the Lumagen mistakenly throwing up the info screen. Could you explain

And for Lumagen staff who might be looking at the thread: I still can not fast forward recorded programs (on my Scientific Atlanta PVR) without the Lumagen info screen popping on and covering
the image.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Hello,

Have you tried to do a fast forward by totaly masking the IR sensor of the Lumagen ? What is the result ?

I'm french .... sorry for my english
post #193 of 229 Old 05-24-2014, 11:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_t View Post

Hello,

Have you tried to do a fast forward by totaly masking the IR sensor of the Lumagen ? What is the result ?

I use an RTI remote control system so all components are hard wired into that system. When I press "FF" on my RTI remote the only command being sent is the command to my Oppo Blu-Ray player to fast forward, so I don't see how there can be a mix up of any IR commands.
post #194 of 229 Old 05-24-2014, 12:11 PM

Quote:

the image.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Rich - I am suspecting the IR receiver on the Lumagen is picking up the FF command from your remote control system and interpreting that to display the info screen. I had a similar issue once with a space heater that had IR control. It would turn on in response for some command (can't remember what the command was) that was directed to my DirecTV DVR system. I am not familiar with your Scientific Atlanta PVR setup, but many cable boxes / satellite receivers have capability to have several sets of IR codes. This is helpful in specific cases to prevent conflicts where your remote for the PVR setup in the living room conflicts with the PVR setup you might have in an adjoining family room. To overcome that type of situation many vendors of such systems implemented the capability for multiple command sets where you would pair the remote control with the device being controlled for the living room with command set "A" and pair the remote for the family room with the system in the family room utilizing command set "B" and so on and so forth.

If that is possible for your Scientific Atlanta system, try changing that system to an alternate IR command control set and see if the problem goes away. The suggestion by alex_t to mask the IR sensor on the Lumagen and then testing your fast forward should be good to determine if my suspected IR conflict is indeed the root cause of the issue.

If it isn't possible for an alternate command set in the PVR - about the only other thing I can think of that might work is switching to RS232 for Lumagen control and leaving the IR sensor covered.

Good Luck,
Bill
post #195 of 229 Old 05-24-2014, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 52
Quote:

I use an RTI remote control system so all components are hard wired into that system. When I press "FF" on my RTI remote the only command being sent is the command to my Oppo Blu-Ray player to fast forward, so I don't see how there can be a mix up of any IR commands.

Try Menu-0995 on the Lumagen remote to disable IR. I had a similar problem, discussed here; the problems I mentioned in that thread with RS232 have been resolved since then. However it still resets this setting every time you go to Standby.
post #196 of 229 Old 05-24-2014, 12:18 PM

Quote:

Ahh - I thought you were sending the FF to the PVR, I must have mis-read your original post. Are you sending the FF to the Oppo via the IR jack on the back, or via an IR blaster to the front sensor port? In either case the Oppo does support three different remote code sets (see page 10 of your Oppo manual). Of course to change that on the RTI side you will probably need to involve your installer so please test first by masking the Lumagen sensor to find out if it indeed an IR signal that it is responding to.
post #197 of 229 Old 05-25-2014, 09:56 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoering View Post

Ahh - I thought you were sending the FF to the PVR, I must have mis-read your original post.

UGH, I mucked that up. You did properly read my original post. I meant to say in my follow up reply:

The FF command on my RTI remote only sends a FF command to my PVR (not to my Oppo, as I mistakenly wrote above).
post #198 of 229 Old 05-25-2014, 11:19 AM

Quote:

UGH, I mucked that up. You did properly read my original post. I meant to say in my follow up reply:

The FF command on my RTI remote only sends a FF command to my PVR (not to my Oppo, as I mistakenly wrote above).

Have you tried masking the Lumagen IR sensor yet? I am sure not proposing that as a fix, but it would be a good diagnostic step to see if the problem occurs with the sensor masked off.

If that works (no Lumagen Info screen when FF to whichever device) then you have an IR blaster in the system somewhere that is sending an IR signal that the Lumagen is picking up when you hit that FF button!

What kind of control are you using on your various components? All IR? Some RS-232? IP Control? If you are using RS-232 control on the Lumagen then leaving the sensor masked may be a fix wink.gif
post #199 of 229 Old 05-29-2014, 08:54 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

6. I think the main thing I'm still missing is the Noise Reduction of my previous Denon video processor. It's NR feature was so simple, easy to use and tweak, and so effective at cleaning up images in exactly the right way.
I haven't quite been able to conquer the complexity of the Lumagen's NR, since there are all sorts of settings and I'm still not sure specifically what each of them are going to do. Playing with them, I can't yet achieve what
the Denon did. I'm starting to think about actually somehow incorporating the Denon into my chain, only for NR use for HDDVD and BR/DVD discs. Not sure how yet.

ohh I am in a similar situation.. No denon before but I don't know how to use 2041 nr to get best results..
It would be great some explanation from lumagen experts about how to use the three nr sets...
at the end I can't get a cleaner image as I imagined...

I would also like to understand how an if I can automatically move my 16/9 screen masks (through crestron if needed) thanks to the new auto aspect function
but nobody from Lumagen is answering....
post #200 of 229 Old 05-29-2014, 03:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 23
Grifo: Have you contacted your Lumagen dealer? They should, in the first instance, be able to help you with setup and support. Especially as you are not in USA. I am sure if you email support@lumagen.com they will be able to get roudn to answering your query but you must remember they are 10hrs behind you as they are on the west coast of USA....

Convergent-AV
ISF, Home Theater Consultants and Distribution, U.K.
post #201 of 229 Old 05-29-2014, 04:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifo View Post

I would also like to understand how an if I can automatically move my 16/9 screen masks (through crestron if needed) thanks to the new auto aspect function

I don't know if that can be done. The only problem I see when the previews come on some are different AR your masking screen will be working.

Frank

post #202 of 229 Old 06-04-2014, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter
jrp
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:

the image.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

[EDIT] Looks like, on reading additional posts, this is not a RS-232 system, but I am leaving this post for any who might be:

If you are using RS-232 to control the Radiance and seeing the Status (a.k.a. Info) screen when you don't expect it, this means you are sending extraneous carriage-returns. There are two options. One is to look at the RS-232 command interface tech tip and remove any unnecessary carriage returns. The second option is to turn of the "show status on carriage-return" feature. This is MENU 0927, and then do a Save. Even if you prefer the former, testing with the later option can confirm if this is the issue. You can also use the left-curly-brace ("{") as the termination character to avoid using a carriage-return as the termination character. See the RS-232 tech tip if this is interesting as an option.

Having the Status screen show when pressing OK on the remote turned into showing it on a carriage-return. By the time we noticed that some were sending extra carriage returns we felt it was too late to remote this often used feature and so we provided alternatives to this historical artifact. Wouldn't do it this way if we could start fresh, but the die is cast.

If you are not using RS-232, then I am not sure why you might be seeing the Status screen unless you are sending "OK" key IR codes, which may be a conflict with a different device. In this case switchign to RS-232 may be the best option.

Jim Peterson
Lumagen
post #203 of 229 Old 06-04-2014, 08:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrp View Post

[EDIT] Looks like, on reading additional posts, this is not a RS-232 system, but I am leaving this post for any who might be:

If you are using RS-232 to control the Radiance and seeing the Status (a.k.a. Info) screen when you don't expect it, this means you are sending extraneous carriage-returns. There are two options. One is to look at the RS-232 command interface tech tip and remove any unnecessary carriage returns. The second option is to turn of the "show status on carriage-return" feature. This is MENU 0927, and then do a Save. Even if you prefer the former, testing with the later option can confirm if this is the issue. You can also use the left-curly-brace ("{") as the termination character to avoid using a carriage-return as the termination character. See the RS-232 tech tip if this is interesting as an option.

Having the Status screen show when pressing OK on the remote turned into showing it on a carriage-return. By the time we noticed that some were sending extra carriage returns we felt it was too late to remote this often used feature and so we provided alternatives to this historical artifact. Wouldn't do it this way if we could start fresh, but the die is cast.

If you are not using RS-232, then I am not sure why you might be seeing the Status screen unless you are sending "OK" key IR codes, which may be a conflict with a different device. In this case switchign to RS-232 may be the best option.

have no issue with status screen using rs232. Works fine.

Frank

post #204 of 229 Old 06-06-2014, 02:09 PM

Liked: 10
HI,
I´m also using RS232, works fine so far - only problem I have, that I cannot use "shortcuts" like "menu 16" - I use a macro with my pronto, but it doesn´t work.
Does anybody has an idea why that is?

Thank you!
post #205 of 229 Old 06-06-2014, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M(c) View Post

HI,
I´m also using RS232, works fine so far - only problem I have, that I cannot use "shortcuts" like "menu 16" - I use a macro with my pronto, but it doesn´t work.
Does anybody has an idea why that is?

Thank you!

Hello.

I use only RS232 with my Radiance and it works fine (NEVO S70). For sharpness shortcut I send in sequence : M, then 1, then 6. I don't know if M16{ would work. I didn't try.

post #206 of 229 Old 06-06-2014, 10:40 PM

HI Alex,

thx for your answer! I also send it in sequence with a delay of 0.20 sec in between! Could you check your delay between the different commands and tell me how much it is?
thank you
post #207 of 229 Old 06-06-2014, 11:16 PM

Quote:

HI Alex,

thx for your answer! I also send it in sequence with a delay of 0.20 sec in between! Could you check your delay between the different commands and tell me how much it is?
thank you

Your're welcome. Delay is the same as for IR command : 250 ms. You should try with this value.

post #208 of 229 Old 06-06-2014, 11:31 PM

I´ll give it a try ;-) thank you!!!
post #209 of 229 Old 06-07-2014, 01:26 AM

Quote:

I´ll give it a try ;-) thank you!!!

ok, let me know if it works wink.gif

post #210 of 229 Old 06-19-2014, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Gordon Fraser

Thanks for the update.

ss
Hello.

New firmware for Radiance mini/XS/XD/XE/20xx/21xx :

Quote:
Precision improvements were made for color accuracy including test patterns.
Update time ~15 minutes @57k from previous firmware

Reply Video Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page