Keystone correction software - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-20-2013, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am not sure I post this in the right sub forum, but I'Il explain what I am looking for.

Recently I purchased a very nice projector. Due to my living room setup, I am limited in placing the projecter. Therefore, in order to get the picture on the screen, I have to use keystone correction. Not much, just ~5cm on each side on the top. However, when I use the keystone correction of the projector, the moire effect becomes visible in some scenes. The solution is to keep keystone correction turned of. I am using XBMC, which has a video calibration option. When I use this to fit the picture on the screen, on the bottom there is some space between in the picture and the black bars of the screen. This is visible in bright scenes.

What I am looking for is quitte simple. I need some sort of video overlay thing, that just projects an image on top of anything else. The picture will be some black bars on both sides of the screen in a [|/__\|] shape. This way I do not need the keystone correction of the projector and the picture perfectly fits on the screen.

Is it clear what I want? Do you guys have any ideas how I can accomplish this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-21-2013, 11:11 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked: 640
While video processors such as the Lumagen series offer electronic blanking, it's generally only applied in straight vertical or horiztonal lines. You would not be able to angle it to mask geometric problems with the projection.

As you've discovered, keystone processing can create terrible artifacts in the image. If there's really no way to adjust the position of your projector to align it directly with the screen, have you tried zooming the image out a little and using dark masking material around the edges of the screen to absorb a little bit of the picture?

Josh Z
Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
Curator, Laserdisc Forever

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.

post #3 of 3 Old 10-22-2013, 09:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I found the solution for me. I use XBMC as a media player. In XBMC you can easily put an image over the full screen video by editing a xml file.
Like this:

I added the following control tag to videofullscreen.xml found under the path ~/.xbmc-current/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/720p :
Code:
<window>
 <defaultcontrol>-</defaultcontrol>
        <controls>

<control type="image" id="1">
                 <posx>0</posx>
                 <posy>670</posy>
                 <width>1380</width>
                 <height>75</height>
                 <texture>Black.png</texture>
           </control>

<!-- media infos -->
                <control type="group" id="1">

And I put a Black.png picture in the folder ~/.xbmc-current/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/media/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page