Help!!! DVDO EDGE on the fritz - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 05-18-2014, 09:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Today, my DVDO EDGE started acting up. The picture will just intermittently just start turning on and off, sometimes around 1 or 2 hz, sometimes just once or twice and then work again. When it starts turning on and off and won't stop, I have to pull the plug and then it works fine, but not long thereafter (maybe 30-45 minutes) it starts going nuts again. Any ideas of what's going on? I'm pretty pissed if this thing is toast, as my entire home theater is wired around that one device. If it's broken, I pretty much have to rip the whole thing apart and rebuild it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-14-2014, 06:46 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggAW View Post
Today, my DVDO EDGE started acting up. The picture will just intermittently just start turning on and off, sometimes around 1 or 2 hz, sometimes just once or twice and then work again. When it starts turning on and off and won't stop, I have to pull the plug and then it works fine, but not long thereafter (maybe 30-45 minutes) it starts going nuts again. Any ideas of what's going on? I'm pretty pissed if this thing is toast, as my entire home theater is wired around that one device. If it's broken, I pretty much have to rip the whole thing apart and rebuild it.
I had virtually the same problem and it turned out to be the power supply in the Edge. As I am in Australia and when checking for repairs it turned out to be in the $300Aus region. Far too expensive. I investigated the power supply and realised that it was available for around $60Aus. Purchased and installed within minutes - only four connections. Google DVDO Edge power supply and you will find an American supplier. Sorry but I have forgotten the actual model number for the power supply.
post #3 of 7 Old 07-14-2014, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhc55 View Post
I had virtually the same problem and it turned out to be the power supply in the Edge. As I am in Australia and when checking for repairs it turned out to be in the $300Aus region. Far too expensive. I investigated the power supply and realised that it was available for around $60Aus. Purchased and installed within minutes - only four connections. Google DVDO Edge power supply and you will find an American supplier. Sorry but I have forgotten the actual model number for the power supply.
Interesting. That's what I'm suspecting too. Mine is with DVDO for repair.
post #4 of 7 Old 07-14-2014, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
post #5 of 7 Old 08-06-2014, 05:12 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggAW View Post
How did the repair work out BiggAW?
post #6 of 7 Old 08-12-2014, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
How did the repair work out BiggAW?
I got it back and it works great! They never did tell me what is wrong with it though, which was rather odd. I suspect the power supply.
post #7 of 7 Old 08-13-2014, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

They said that they reloaded the firmware, and it tested fine. It works fine for me now. Go figure. Not sure how the firmware can just randomly crap out, but as long as it keeps working, I'm happy...
Reply Video Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page