Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-06-2014, 04:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question Lumagen Radiance 21xx with SONY 4K VW500

Dear all,

I have a problem when i want to install Radiance 21xx with SONY 4K VW500 , below the units that i have :

- Radiance 21xx
- Datasat
- SONY 4K VW500 Projector
- Oppo 4k Player
- HDMI 15M 1.4V

There's no image when i connect all of them,so dow anybody can help me to solve this problem?
i have tried also with my friend's VW1100, problem is still same.

thank you in advance for all of master for the answer

thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-06-2014, 08:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboy7 View Post
Dear all,

I have a problem when i want to install Radiance 21xx with SONY 4K VW500 , below the units that i have :

- Radiance 21xx
- Datasat
- SONY 4K VW500 Projector
- Oppo 4k Player
- HDMI 15M 1.4V

There's no image when i connect all of them,so dow anybody can help me to solve this problem?
i have tried also with my friend's VW1100, problem is still same.

thank you in advance for all of master for the answer

thank you
Well, need more info...also, did your dealer not offer any help with this? You have some serious kit there.

i'd suggest you do not send any video direct to datasat. I'd send audio to the datasat from the Oppo then video from Oppo to Lumagen and output of lumagen to sony.

First thing to do is test each device works using 2 or 3m cables to a display other than the Sony500....If all of them give you video output then set Oppo to SOURCE DIRECT output. Connect Lumagen output2 to Sony. Then see what happens....I suspect that 15m HDMI is too long myself and you will probably need an HDMI extender to get it to work.

Convergent-AV
ISF, Home Theater Consultants and Distribution, U.K.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-06-2014, 09:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello Gordon,

Thank you for your reply.
I have used SONY VW95 before i change to VW500 so i can change the unit by myself, seems strange if 15m HDMI can not transmit the video. i will try to change with shorter cables.
if i use extender, can it go 1.4v?

have you found this case?

thank you
post #4 of 5 Old 08-07-2014, 01:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Did you use the VW95 with the 21xx unit? Are you aware that the Sony500 uses different HDMI input circuit to the VW95?

Lumagen have posted here about the problems associated with 4K outputting devices and how, even when sending 1080P they can show up deficiencies in the HDMI cable path. I'd say it is not strange that a 15m hdmi cable cannot cope with 4K signal...i'd say it is actually extremely likely. Have you tried the test sequence I suggested?

You can try to find an hdmi extender on a sale or return basis from a supplier if you can

Gordon

Convergent-AV
ISF, Home Theater Consultants and Distribution, U.K.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-07-2014, 10:56 AM
jrp
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 40
I agree with Gordon.

It is the HDMI signal edge-rate that determines how good of an HDMI cable you need, and the 2XXX series has fast edge rates due to the specific 4K rated HDMI output chips used.

We have had a number of cases that 2K rated cables do not work with the 4k output chips used in the Radiance 2XXX units.

Note that 15 meters is a long HDMI cable even with 2k output chips, and a 15 meter 2K rated HDMI cable is not likely to work with the Radiance 4k output chips without an HDMI extender on the TV/projector end, such as the Lumagen VIDEXT HDMI extender.

Redmere cables can help, but we have a couple cases where long (10 meters and longer) Redmere HDMI cables did not work, but the Lumagen extender did at up to 20 meters (with a good quality 2K rated cable).

Gordon's suggested test is a good way to determine if it is the HDMI cable that needs to be upgraded - as is likely the case.

Jim Peterson
Lumagen
Reply Video Processors

Tags
Lumagen , radiance 21xx , sony 4k