Samsung smart tv and Macrovision - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-20-2014, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Samsung smart tv and Macrovision

Hi guys , i don't know if this would be the right place to post this but i didn't find anything else related to this .
I have a Samsung smart TV and a Mitsubishi VCR , i have the VCR hooked up to the TV through the RCA input which in the TV the yellow video input has a the green circle around and could be used as a component input also . I have some old tapes from the early 80s the have Macrovision and i get no picture or audio from the TV , now if i play an old tape like that but without Macrovision it will play , also if i connect the VCR to an old Sony Trinitron TV that i have , all the tapes with Macrovision will play .I'm thinking its the input on the Samsung smart TV the its used for video and component at the same time .
Now my question , is there anyway or device i could buy so i can play these old tapes on the VCR hooked up to the Samsung TV and get picture and audio? thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-21-2014, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Check the manual and see if that video input can be manually set to composite instead of automatically switching. If not, do the VCR and TV have S-video jacks? S-video is preferable anyway. Finally, if all else fails, you may need to find one of the "image stabilizers" sold years ago that allowed for dubbing of tapes from one VCR to another.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
post #3 of 3 Old 08-21-2014, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for your response , no i have a Sony VCR do not have the s-video and can not switch the input manually , where can i find one of these "image stabilizers"? thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page