Blackmagic Capture cards and HDMI video in - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 2 Old 03-19-2015, 10:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Blackmagic Capture cards and HDMI video in

Hey all,

Not too sure if this is the right forum, but Blackmagic's own forum has this ridiculous and discriminatory "real name" policy. (Who are they to say what my name is or isn't and what business of theirs is it?, but that's besides the point)

We've tried a whole bunch of different blackmagic capture cards, both from their Decklink line, and intensity pro 4k line.

The only ones we can get to capture any video is the intensity Pro (non 4k) cards, but those don't do 60fps from HDMI.

Looking around, not many people seem to have this problem, but after spending much time with blackmagic's support I get the feeling that they like to "erase" their problems.

That and the fact that we've tried two different Intensity Pro 4k cards, and 4 different Decklink Studio 4k cards. HDMI just doesn't seem to work.

If we put the same signal into one of their mini converters to SDI, the Decklink cards will capture that, but it seems to be the way those cards handle EDID info that is the issue. I know it's not HDCP, because the video gets passed through a Crestron DMPS, and I have disabled HDCP support on that input. We've also tried a Canon XF105, like 3 different macs, PCs, a Wii U, nothing seems to work.

We had done this in the past with Matrox Mojito Max cards, without issue, but they are too long to fit in our current capture rig.

We've also tried many other sources too, all with no luck.

Any suggestions?

Anyone have experience with Blackmagic Capture cards?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Unread Today, 02:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked: 290
Yeah, Black Magic is well known for ignoring product bugs. And their engineering is also bit shoddy. But you just can't beat the price so we all fall into the BlackMagic trap sooner or later.

I think you already know this but these and many other HDMI input cards do not support HDCP. So they won't work with protected sources like BluRay players, cable, and satellite boxes.

Glimmie's HT Page
Being redone - comming soon!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page