HDfury Integral... - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 541Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 4552 Old 11-02-2015, 09:33 AM
LJG
AVS Forum Special Member
 
LJG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Brookville, NY
Posts: 4,633
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 470 Post(s)
Liked: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Ok sorry, my english...

Simple pass through of HDR metadata, this is normal, working out of the box, Integral is HDMI2.0a so no problem to pass-through HDR signals.


Injecting infoframe might allow no HDR display to react to HDR signal. But that's just one part of it.
As stated above we can inject ANYTHING over HDMI using Integral.

Funny times ahead



PS: Integral cannot upscale/downscale resolution or refresh rate. It can only work on chroma sampling offering the option to split a 4K60 4:4:4 stream into 4K60 4:4:4 and 4K60 4:2:0 at the same time when such option is activated.
We have a splitter pro doing 1080p24/25/30 <-> 4K24/25/30 and the other way around, individually per channel or combined. As soon as we are able to do the same thing for 1080p50/60 <> 4K50/4K60 we will do it. Current IC tested for this purpose was not yet good enough.
This is what I was hoping you meant, this sounds fantastic, keep us psoted and keep up the greta work!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LJG is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 4552 Old 11-02-2015, 10:37 AM
Member
 
yesan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 92
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I picked up two Integrals.

The first for my Seiki non-HDCP 2.2. Connected a 2015 FireTV to Input1 on the Integral, with HDCP2.2 out to the Seiki and HDCP1.4 to my AVR. 4k video plays just fine, Dolby Digital Plus is passed just fine.

For my main room setup, I was hoping that the Integral would allow me to introduce HDCP2.2 into my non-HDCP2.2 AVR. I was trying to run Sony X10, Roku4 into the AVR --> AVR to Integral --> Integral to TV. No success just yet, as the X10 is giving me HDCP issues. Not even sure that it will work, but I'll tinker with it some more.

SonyX10/Roku4: HDCP2.2
Onkyo 535: HDMI2.0, no HDCP2.2
Panasonic 65AX800U: HDCP2.2 on HDMI4
yesan is online now  
post #33 of 4552 Old 11-02-2015, 10:56 AM
 
RLBURNSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,901
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2012 Post(s)
Liked: 1394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Fraser View Post
I was at a clients in UK yesterday and we plugged his in to his system to get him audio through his non hdcp2.2 compliant receiver. Sent hdmi in to integral from nvidea box then out of the hdmi1.4 box to his receiver. Got 4K streaming netflix sound and video all fine.
I've heard good things about Netflix 4K quality compared to their 1080p streams. Are you saying Netflix will allow you to purchase 4K Netflix for PC use, as long as it's connected to the Integral, which "tricks" the video card into thinking it's connected to a real 4K HDCP 2.2 TV?

If so, that is a good thing, although I'm reluctant to give money to Netflix if it forces me to spend 200 bucks just to be able to pay them for their higher quality streams. Seems rather obnoxious to make us jump through hoops like that.
RLBURNSIDE is offline  
 
post #34 of 4552 Old 11-02-2015, 11:14 AM
Advanced Member
 
BakeApples's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 594
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 334 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Injecting infoframe might allow no HDR display to react to HDR signal. But that's just one part of it.
Hmm, so i can send source material with HDR metadata through the Integral to a non HDR display and the display might react to it, do you know how it would react to the signal? Will there be a difference in the picture outputted from the HDR source material vs. sending the same source material without going through the Integral?
Tireman1 likes this.
BakeApples is offline  
post #35 of 4552 Old 11-02-2015, 11:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,610
Mentioned: 229 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1767 Post(s)
Liked: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesan View Post
For my main room setup, I was hoping that the Integral would allow me to introduce HDCP2.2 into my non-HDCP2.2 AVR. I was trying to run Sony X10, Roku4 into the AVR --> AVR to Integral --> Integral to TV. No success just yet, as the X10 is giving me HDCP issues. Not even sure that it will work, but I'll tinker with it some more.

SonyX10/Roku4: HDCP2.2
Onkyo 535: HDMI2.0, no HDCP2.2
Panasonic 65AX800U: HDCP2.2 on HDMI4
Hi there,

You can post on our support forum if you want help on this setup. (seems a perfect setup for integral)
By just looking at it, from what you wrote if you are having issue connecting X10 to AVR, then you should put integral between them and it should work. (leave EDID slide switch on custom for 4K60 4:2:0 for testing, only move to automix for 4K60 4:4:4 after you have a picture in 4K60 4:2:0, otherwise we don't know if you have a blackscreen caused by HDMI cable issue)

From what i remember, Onkyo 535 is 4K60 4:2:0 but your viera X800 should be 4K60 4:4:4, so ultimately you prolly want your TV to work @ its max capabilities.
If that's the case here is how i would set this up:

SonyX10/Roku4 connected to both integral inputs.
Integral set to convert 4K60 4:4:4 > 4K60 4:2:0 on bottom input (you activate this from USB GUI or from Control APP on Google Play Market or from IR)
Viera TV to Integral TOP Output for 4K60 4:4:4
Onkyo to Integral BOTTOM Output for 4K60 4:2:0

Of course you first need to test your HDMI cable for 4K60 4:4:4 600MHz !!

IMPORTANT: Due to recent discoveries, we are working on a new way to handle Dolby Vision, in the meantime please use AUTOMIX/SINK mode for DV support.
Do not use DV forced flags on Integral, it cannot work with all DV equipment, simply use automix with max video algo and you will be fine until we push new updates out.

Last edited by HDfury; 11-02-2015 at 11:38 AM.
HDfury is offline  
post #36 of 4552 Old 11-02-2015, 11:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,610
Mentioned: 229 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1767 Post(s)
Liked: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakeApples View Post
Hmm, so i can send source material with HDR metadata through the Integral to a non HDR display and the display might react to it, do you know how it would react to the signal? Will there be a difference in the picture outputted from the HDR source material vs. sending the same source material without going through the Integral?
I meant SOME displays not all, sorry... those who have wide color gamut first, those for which such effort worth doing (the highly expensive ones first) ...

I think answer to your question depends on the initial display specs, translation and method used and any additional processing that people will put in their software.
There is chance people will want to reproduce similar HDR signaling or boost it, or change it, create their own, whatever. We, as a manufacturer, are providing the tool/bridge only.
Its also probably too early to answer such question.

IMPORTANT: Due to recent discoveries, we are working on a new way to handle Dolby Vision, in the meantime please use AUTOMIX/SINK mode for DV support.
Do not use DV forced flags on Integral, it cannot work with all DV equipment, simply use automix with max video algo and you will be fine until we push new updates out.

Last edited by HDfury; 11-02-2015 at 06:08 PM.
HDfury is offline  
post #37 of 4552 Old 11-02-2015, 01:05 PM
GGA
Advanced Member
 
GGA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Topanga CA
Posts: 966
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni01 View Post
There is no HDCP 2.2 protection on any audio source.
Won't the upcoming UHD Blu-rays be encoded with HDCP 2.2 for audio? One of the reasons I bought an Integral was to send decrypted video to the pj and decrypted audio to the audio processor, as it is still unknown when my processor will get an HDMI 2.0 HDCP 2.2 board.

Could the the Integral be configured to strip the video from one of the outputs, ie, make it an audio only output with a 720p carrier (I read this is preferable to a 1080p carrier)?
GGA is offline  
post #38 of 4552 Old 11-02-2015, 02:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Manni01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 6,426
Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3364 Post(s)
Liked: 3121
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGA View Post
Won't the upcoming UHD Blu-rays be encoded with HDCP 2.2 for audio? One of the reasons I bought an Integral was to send decrypted video to the pj and decrypted audio to the audio processor, as it is still unknown when my processor will get an HDMI 2.0 HDCP 2.2 board.

Could the the Integral be configured to strip the video from one of the outputs, ie, make it an audio only output with a 720p carrier (I read this is preferable to a 1080p carrier)?
UHD Bluray isn't an audio source, it's a video source with audio. The first UHD Bluray players might have two HDMI outs to do just that (sending video separately to bypass an incompatible AVR) but this will only work if the display supports HDCP 2.2.

The main reasons to get an Integal are if your UHD display doesn't support HDCP 2.2 and you want to send better than 1080p to it, or if your UHD display is limited to 10.2 gb/s and your UHD source can't offer an 8bits compatible output at 4:2:0. Or if you want to passthrough a non HDCP 2.2 AVR, as in your case.

With an integral there is no need to split audio and video. You simply strip the HDCP 2.2 protection out of the source and send both audio and video through the same HDMI link to your non HDCP 2.2 AVR. You are overcomplicating it
Manni01 is offline  
post #39 of 4552 Old 11-02-2015, 03:56 PM
Member
 
roodof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 73
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni01 View Post
UHD Bluray isn't an audio source, it's a video source with audio. The first UHD Bluray players might have two HDMI outs to do just that (sending video separately to bypass an incompatible AVR) but this will only work if the display supports HDCP 2.2.

The main reasons to get an Integal are if your UHD display doesn't support HDCP 2.2 and you want to send better than 1080p to it, or if your UHD display is limited to 10.2 gb/s and your UHD source can't offer an 8bits compatible output at 4:2:0. Or if you want to passthrough a non HDCP 2.2 AVR, as in your case.

With an integral there is no need to split audio and video. You simply strip the HDCP 2.2 protection out of the source and send both audio and video through the same HDMI link to your non HDCP 2.2 AVR. You are overcomplicating it
okay I have a sony hdcp2.2 tv but an elite non hdcp avr,exactly how do I make use of the integral(which I have)or do I simply have no reason to hook it up
roodof is offline  
post #40 of 4552 Old 11-02-2015, 04:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,610
Mentioned: 229 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1767 Post(s)
Liked: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by roodof View Post
okay I have a sony hdcp2.2 tv but an elite non hdcp avr,exactly how do I make use of the integral(which I have)or do I simply have no reason to hook it up
Your 4K source(s) to any input(s)
Bottom Output to SC-85 Pioneer Elite
Top Output to Bravia XBR X850C
It will work out of the box as both UHD TV and AVR are 4K60 4:2:0

If any sound issue, just move edid slide switch to automix.

Let us know how it goes.

Other option is 4K SOURCE > INTEGRAL BOTTOM OUTPUT > AVR > DISPLAY. it should work as well.

IMPORTANT: Due to recent discoveries, we are working on a new way to handle Dolby Vision, in the meantime please use AUTOMIX/SINK mode for DV support.
Do not use DV forced flags on Integral, it cannot work with all DV equipment, simply use automix with max video algo and you will be fine until we push new updates out.

Last edited by HDfury; 11-02-2015 at 04:14 PM.
HDfury is offline  
post #41 of 4552 Old 11-03-2015, 11:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
curlyjive's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Abington, PA
Posts: 1,907
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 538 Post(s)
Liked: 247
Am I correct in assuming I can connect two different HDCP 2.2 sources, say a ROKU 4 and a UHD player to each of the inputs and use just one output set to HDCP 1.4 and the Integral will allow me to switch those two inputs between the one output?
curlyjive is offline  
post #42 of 4552 Old 11-03-2015, 04:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,610
Mentioned: 229 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1767 Post(s)
Liked: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlyjive View Post
Am I correct in assuming I can connect two different HDCP 2.2 sources, say a ROKU 4 and a UHD player to each of the inputs and use just one output set to HDCP 1.4 and the Integral will allow me to switch those two inputs between the one output?
Yes of course. Made for that, so it's a sure thing.

IMPORTANT: Due to recent discoveries, we are working on a new way to handle Dolby Vision, in the meantime please use AUTOMIX/SINK mode for DV support.
Do not use DV forced flags on Integral, it cannot work with all DV equipment, simply use automix with max video algo and you will be fine until we push new updates out.
HDfury is offline  
post #43 of 4552 Old 11-03-2015, 05:47 PM
Senior Member
 
MultimediaGeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 231
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
...
Other option is 4K SOURCE > INTEGRAL BOTTOM OUTPUT > AVR > DISPLAY. it should work as well.
**** Update 7 Nov2015****
I am working with HDFURY on my setup. I have different symptoms including flashing. My needs include resolving HDCP 2.2 and include trying to use ARC and keep the control signals in HDMI.
Instead of trying to tell you what I did or am doing wrong, I STRONGLY suggest you send a message to HDFURY for help.
They are working very closely with me to resolve it. They are providing some of the best support I have ever experienced.

I am trying to connect a Sony X10 media player (HDMI 1) to the Integral to my Sony SRT-DA5800ES AVR to my Samsung 65UH9000 TV.

***********************

Last edited by MultimediaGeek; 11-07-2015 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Working with company to address my issues
MultimediaGeek is offline  
post #44 of 4552 Old 11-04-2015, 05:22 AM
Advanced Member
 
AidenL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 785
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 542 Post(s)
Liked: 268
I just ordered one of these yesterday myself - will update when it arrives.

Display : JVC X7000 Projector | SE 103" Enlightor 4k | LG 65B6 OLED |
Sources : Panasonic UDP 700 & HD Fury Linker| Apple TV3 | HTPC | Sky Q UHD Satellite | Sonos Connect | Synology 24Tb |
Audio : Marantz 8802A | Genelec 8050 LCR | Monitor Audio IDC Sides & Rears | Seaton Submersive Master/Slave |
Control : Control 4 |
AidenL is offline  
post #45 of 4552 Old 11-04-2015, 09:18 AM
Member
 
yesan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 92
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Hi there,

You can post on our support forum if you want help on this setup. (seems a perfect setup for integral)
By just looking at it, from what you wrote if you are having issue connecting X10 to AVR, then you should put integral between them and it should work. (leave EDID slide switch on custom for 4K60 4:2:0 for testing, only move to automix for 4K60 4:4:4 after you have a picture in 4K60 4:2:0, otherwise we don't know if you have a blackscreen caused by HDMI cable issue)

From what i remember, Onkyo 535 is 4K60 4:2:0 but your viera X800 should be 4K60 4:4:4, so ultimately you prolly want your TV to work @ its max capabilities.
If that's the case here is how i would set this up:

SonyX10/Roku4 connected to both integral inputs.
Integral set to convert 4K60 4:4:4 > 4K60 4:2:0 on bottom input (you activate this from USB GUI or from Control APP on Google Play Market or from IR)
Viera TV to Integral TOP Output for 4K60 4:4:4
Onkyo to Integral BOTTOM Output for 4K60 4:2:0

Of course you first need to test your HDMI cable for 4K60 4:4:4 600MHz !!
4:2:0 works perfect in this setup, but I'm having trouble getting 4:4:4 even though the AX800U supports it and I have it enabled on the TV. I am running 18Gbps ultra slim Redmere cables from Monoprice, but I still think that the cables may be causing the 4:4:4 to fail as others have called out the HDCP2.2 port being picky with cables. Will try some other cables and report back. Thank you for your help.
yesan is online now  
post #46 of 4552 Old 11-04-2015, 03:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,610
Mentioned: 229 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1767 Post(s)
Liked: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesan View Post
4:2:0 works perfect in this setup, but I'm having trouble getting 4:4:4 even though the AX800U supports it and I have it enabled on the TV. I am running 18Gbps ultra slim Redmere cables from Monoprice, but I still think that the cables may be causing the 4:4:4 to fail as others have called out the HDCP2.2 port being picky with cables. Will try some other cables and report back. Thank you for your help.
Redmere is failing for 4K60 4:4:4 as per user report, you can read about the hdmi cable mess in 600Mhz era: HDMI cables that support 4K@60Hz, 4:4:4 chroma, and Deep Color?

IMPORTANT: Due to recent discoveries, we are working on a new way to handle Dolby Vision, in the meantime please use AUTOMIX/SINK mode for DV support.
Do not use DV forced flags on Integral, it cannot work with all DV equipment, simply use automix with max video algo and you will be fine until we push new updates out.
HDfury is offline  
post #47 of 4552 Old 11-04-2015, 07:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,610
Mentioned: 229 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1767 Post(s)
Liked: 351
We just uploaded a firmware update for Integral and an update for the USB GUI Software, you can grab them from the download section, make sure to install silabs driver first if you haven't yet done so.
This update is NOT mandatory (except if you are experimenting in Infoframe, HDR or CEC), if everything works fine in your setup you can wait further improvement to upgrade your unit.
We should have another update over the week end, the Total Control APP for Android have an update coming this week too.

Integral Firmware Update 0.43.0.19

- Added Static Flags for Automix mode, following edid capability can be forced: 2.0 / 5.1 / HDR (Currently only supported by GUI, APP/IR update next).
- Infoframe and CEC command length fix, sending now works up to 31 data bytes (maximum possible on HDMI)
- Audio slide switch options reversed to match sticker instructions.
- Fix for 480i/p 27MHz and frequencies that fall between 10-50MHz like lowest PC modes such as 640x480.
- Update handshake rules when new input is inserted while an active signal is already going through.
- Full IR Codes list support added.


Update for USB GUI PC Windows Software 1.1 is also available with the following addition:

- Stereo / 5.1 / HDR data packet addition checkboxes added, see GUI options. They work in the automix mode
- 4:4:4 > 4:2:0 conversion from GUI disabled unless input is 600MHz
- Infoframe and CEC commands sending issue fixed. Full 31 data bytes supported (HDMI max)
- GUI outlook updated
- AUDIO_AUTO / HDCP_AUTO removed since they are implied.
- Support for external API/DLL requests.


+ HDR EDID in Downloads > EDID Collection is updated too (HDR datablock modified)
markrubin likes this.

IMPORTANT: Due to recent discoveries, we are working on a new way to handle Dolby Vision, in the meantime please use AUTOMIX/SINK mode for DV support.
Do not use DV forced flags on Integral, it cannot work with all DV equipment, simply use automix with max video algo and you will be fine until we push new updates out.

Last edited by HDfury; 11-04-2015 at 07:38 PM.
HDfury is offline  
post #48 of 4552 Old 11-05-2015, 12:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Manni01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 6,426
Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3364 Post(s)
Liked: 3121
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
We just uploaded a firmware update for Integral and an update for the USB GUI Software, you can grab them from the download section, make sure to install silabs driver first if you haven't yet done so.
This update is NOT mandatory (except if you are experimenting in Infoframe, HDR or CEC), if everything works fine in your setup you can wait further improvement to upgrade your unit.
We should have another update over the week end, the Total Control APP for Android have an update coming this week too.

Integral Firmware Update 0.43.0.19

- Added Static Flags for Automix mode, following edid capability can be forced: 2.0 / 5.1 / HDR (Currently only supported by GUI, APP/IR update next).
- Infoframe and CEC command length fix, sending now works up to 31 data bytes (maximum possible on HDMI)
- Audio slide switch options reversed to match sticker instructions.
- Fix for 480i/p 27MHz and frequencies that fall between 10-50MHz like lowest PC modes such as 640x480.
- Update handshake rules when new input is inserted while an active signal is already going through.
- Full IR Codes list support added.

Update for USB GUI PC Windows Software 1.1 is also available with the following addition:

- Stereo / 5.1 / HDR data packet addition checkboxes added, see GUI options. They work in the automix mode
- 4:4:4 > 4:2:0 conversion from GUI disabled unless input is 600MHz
- Infoframe and CEC commands sending issue fixed. Full 31 data bytes supported (HDMI max)
- GUI outlook updated
- AUDIO_AUTO / HDCP_AUTO removed since they are implied.
- Support for external API/DLL requests.

+ HDR EDID in Downloads > EDID Collection is updated too (HDR datablock modified)
Thanks for this!


Do you have an update regarding the iOS app availability?
Manni01 is offline  
post #49 of 4552 Old 11-05-2015, 05:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,610
Mentioned: 229 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1767 Post(s)
Liked: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni01 View Post
Thanks for this!


Do you have an update regarding the iOS app availability?
We was waiting for the android app to be in a final state before doing the iOS version, we believe it will be a Xmas gift.
Manni01 likes this.

IMPORTANT: Due to recent discoveries, we are working on a new way to handle Dolby Vision, in the meantime please use AUTOMIX/SINK mode for DV support.
Do not use DV forced flags on Integral, it cannot work with all DV equipment, simply use automix with max video algo and you will be fine until we push new updates out.
HDfury is offline  
post #50 of 4552 Old 11-05-2015, 09:01 AM
GGA
Advanced Member
 
GGA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Topanga CA
Posts: 966
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Is there anyway to know if a component will pass UHD/4k after an Integer has "changed" the HDCP from 2.2 to 1.4?

I have learned that my Darblet and Lumagen XS will not pass 4k not matter what the HDCP is. I have emailed Datasat to learn if my RS20i will pass 4k/2.2.

I am trying to do what I thought would be a very simple connection but it is turning out much more complex than anticipated due to the Lumagen not passing through UHD.

I use my Lumagen for video and audio switching. Output 2 goes to the pj for video and output 1 to the Datasat for audio. I have 3 sources: Oppo for Blu-ray, Ayre SDI for DVD, and Samsung H6500 for Netflix and Amazon streaming.

If the Datasat can pass 4k I could connect Samsun/Netflix to Integer input 1 and Lumagen output 2 (video) to Integer input 2. Integer output 1 would go to the pj (JVC RS67) for video and Integer output 2 would to to Datasat input for audio (if the Datasat can accept). I do not think there will be any latency problems.

I would have to use the Integer to switch between Netflix (Integer input 1) and Oppo/Ayre (Integer input 2 via Lumagen) and I would have to remove the Darblet for UHD. It is a 50' run from front of the room (where components are) to the pj via fiber optic.

Would this work and are there any other suggestions?

I realize I probably will not see any improvement with Netflix UHD over the JVC e-shift but I enjoy the experimenting.
GGA is offline  
post #51 of 4552 Old 11-05-2015, 11:20 AM
GGA
Advanced Member
 
GGA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Topanga CA
Posts: 966
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 65
P.S. If you blanked the video and sent only the 720p signal would that allow the audio signal to be more universally accepted, e.g., for Lumagen XS and similar products that cannot handle the UHD signal even with HDCP 1.4?
GGA is offline  
post #52 of 4552 Old 11-05-2015, 11:41 AM
Member
 
Ricanmeng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 127
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 15
2 in 2 out to AVR

Hello,

Will the Integral allow (2) 4K sources to Integral then both outputs to my Marantz AV-7702 (HDMI 2.0 HDCP 2.0) Then out to TV so can use the unit as a pass through and not have to switch inputs on it?

Last edited by Ricanmeng; 11-05-2015 at 12:23 PM.
Ricanmeng is offline  
post #53 of 4552 Old 11-05-2015, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jon S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Sunny Hawaii
Posts: 4,102
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 926 Post(s)
Liked: 303
The manual states that you can have one input sending a signal to both outputs.

From the manual:

2×2 Splitter up to 4K60 4:4:4 600MHz 18Gbps
Splitting any signal up to 4K60 4:4:4 600MHz signal is now a reality, thanks to IR/USB/BT or push button, you can easily switch between 2 inputs that will be replicated to 2 outputs. HDCP conversion can be configured and applied on the fly in order to always output the type of signal that your display or sink device is expecting.

If it's not a BIG screen, it's not a theater...
Jon S is offline  
post #54 of 4552 Old 11-06-2015, 01:56 AM
Member
 
CSPerera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 179
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Ok So My Sony TV is a KDL 55X900A (XBR 55X900A in United States). HDMI 4 on the TV has been upgraded to HDCP 2.2. However my receiver is a Pioneer Sclx 86 (Elite SC 68 in the US) and has 4k passthrough that supports of 4k24p, 4k25p & 4k30P. So can you please tell me how the integral can assist me in transferring a 4k signal (Say a 4k Bluray player or a Roku 4) via my receiver and then onto the TV.
shepdog likes this.
CSPerera is offline  
post #55 of 4552 Old 11-06-2015, 03:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,610
Mentioned: 229 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1767 Post(s)
Liked: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGA View Post
P.S. If you blanked the video and sent only the 720p signal would that allow the audio signal to be more universally accepted, e.g., for Lumagen XS and similar products that cannot handle the UHD signal even with HDCP 1.4?
We are working (and experimenting) on something like this, we will let you know our findings asap.

IMPORTANT: Due to recent discoveries, we are working on a new way to handle Dolby Vision, in the meantime please use AUTOMIX/SINK mode for DV support.
Do not use DV forced flags on Integral, it cannot work with all DV equipment, simply use automix with max video algo and you will be fine until we push new updates out.
HDfury is offline  
post #56 of 4552 Old 11-06-2015, 03:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,610
Mentioned: 229 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1767 Post(s)
Liked: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricanmeng View Post
Hello,

Will the Integral allow (2) 4K sources to Integral then both outputs to my Marantz AV-7702 (HDMI 2.0 HDCP 2.0) Then out to TV so can use the unit as a pass through and not have to switch inputs on it?
The default mode is SPLITTER, one 4K60 4:4:4 INPUT replicated to two 4K60 4:4:4 OUTPUTS

Then you have the MATRIX MODE, two 4K60 4:2:0 INPUTS passthrough to two 4K60 4:2:0 OUTPUTS.

Please note that only splitter mode can passthrough 4K60 4:4:4
Matrix mode is limited to 4K60 4:2:0

So if 4K60 4:2:0 is enough for you or your Marantz, you can do as you wish.

IMPORTANT: Due to recent discoveries, we are working on a new way to handle Dolby Vision, in the meantime please use AUTOMIX/SINK mode for DV support.
Do not use DV forced flags on Integral, it cannot work with all DV equipment, simply use automix with max video algo and you will be fine until we push new updates out.
HDfury is offline  
post #57 of 4552 Old 11-06-2015, 04:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,610
Mentioned: 229 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1767 Post(s)
Liked: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSPerera View Post
Ok So My Sony TV is a KDL 55X900A (XBR 55X900A in United States). HDMI 4 on the TV has been upgraded to HDCP 2.2. However my receiver is a Pioneer Sclx 86 (Elite SC 68 in the US) and has 4k passthrough that supports of 4k24p, 4k25p & 4k30P. So can you please tell me how the integral can assist me in transferring a 4k signal (Say a 4k Bluray player or a Roku 4) via my receiver and then onto the TV.
User manual of your TV states that max accepted res is 4K30 but since you have "upgraded to HDCP2.2" may be this have changed ? Do you know if it will take 4K60 4:2:0 through this input ?
And what kind of sound format do you want/need in your setup ?

IMPORTANT: Due to recent discoveries, we are working on a new way to handle Dolby Vision, in the meantime please use AUTOMIX/SINK mode for DV support.
Do not use DV forced flags on Integral, it cannot work with all DV equipment, simply use automix with max video algo and you will be fine until we push new updates out.
HDfury is offline  
post #58 of 4552 Old 11-06-2015, 06:07 AM
 
RLBURNSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,901
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2012 Post(s)
Liked: 1394
It's really too bad that this product doesn't downscale to 1080p in 444 / 10-bit P3 (and maybe do anamorphic stretch too), if it did I would buy it immediately in a heart beat.

I would have considered going up to the HDFury 4 at double the price but then I would need both, if I wanted to watch UHD Blurays on a 1080p TV. Or am I completely missing the point here.

Does the HDFury 4 support HDCP 2.2 stripping of HDMI 2.0 sources? Or do you really need both products to do what I want.
RLBURNSIDE is offline  
post #59 of 4552 Old 11-06-2015, 06:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,610
Mentioned: 229 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1767 Post(s)
Liked: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLBURNSIDE View Post
It's really too bad that this product doesn't downscale to 1080p in 444 / 10-bit P3 (and maybe do anamorphic stretch too), if it did I would buy it immediately in a heart beat.

I would have considered going up to the HDFury 4 at double the price but then I would need both, if I wanted to watch UHD Blurays on a 1080p TV. Or am I completely missing the point here.

Does the HDFury 4 support HDCP 2.2 stripping of HDMI 2.0 sources? Or do you really need both products to do what I want.
HDfury1 > HDMI1.1
HDfury2 > HDMI1.2
HDfury3 > HDMI1.3
HDfury4 > HDMI1.4
So you need a HDfury5 for HDMI2.0 But it doesn't exist yet!

As mentioned in some above post, currently, we can only downscale 4K30 4:4:4 > 1080p30 4:4:4 using our Splitter Pro (HDMI1.4 too). We will do 4K60 > 1080p60 as soon as we get a decent IC to do the task (current ICs tested were not good enough)

Integral is yet our sole and first entry in the 4K60 4:4:4 HDMI2.0a/HDCP2.2 18Gbps/600MHz era.

IMPORTANT: Due to recent discoveries, we are working on a new way to handle Dolby Vision, in the meantime please use AUTOMIX/SINK mode for DV support.
Do not use DV forced flags on Integral, it cannot work with all DV equipment, simply use automix with max video algo and you will be fine until we push new updates out.
HDfury is offline  
post #60 of 4552 Old 11-06-2015, 09:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Manni01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 6,426
Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3364 Post(s)
Liked: 3121
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLBURNSIDE View Post
It's really too bad that this product doesn't downscale to 1080p in 444 / 10-bit P3 (and maybe do anamorphic stretch too), if it did I would buy it immediately in a heart beat.

I would have considered going up to the HDFury 4 at double the price but then I would need both, if I wanted to watch UHD Blurays on a 1080p TV. Or am I completely missing the point here.

Does the HDFury 4 support HDCP 2.2 stripping of HDMI 2.0 sources? Or do you really need both products to do what I want.
You don't need anything to watch UHD Bluray in 1080p. This is what will happen if the display doesn't support HDCP 2.2. However, you will likely get rec799, 8bits 4:2:0, not P3, 10bits 4:4:4.
Manni01 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Video Processors

Tags
K8500

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off