489Likes

post #1 of 4197 Old 10-16-2015, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 880 Post(s)
Liked: 280
HDfury Integral...

NOTE: If you are requesting assistance for the Integral, it would be appreciated by the HD Fury team that you supply the following information:

Source device (Brand and model number, e.g. Samsung K8500 UHD Player)
Any HDMI Cable (Brand, model and length, is it active or passive, e.g. Monoprice Redmere Cable 3 ft, active)
(Integral)
Any HDMI Cable (Brand, model and length, is it active or passive, e.g. Monster Cable Black Platinum 35 ft, passive)
Display device (Brand, model, e.g. JVC RS-400 Projector)

It would be helpful if you could supply information on any other devices in line with the Integral.

HDfury is releasing the HDfury Integral Oct 17... It allows people who do not have HDCP 2.2/HDMI 2.0a compliant devices to connect and view from future UHD sources. I am hoping this device will allow me to connect a UHD Blu-Ray player to my JVC projector and my Samsung UHD set...

I will be updating this post as needed..

I was visited by an ISF tech recently and showed him the Integral... He had a signal generator that was able to send UHD signal with HDMI 2.0a/HDCP protection protocols. He said the unit was able to send a picture to my Samsung UN50HU8550 UHD display with no issues. If the Integral did not work as advertised, nothing would appear on the screen. He was thinking of bringing in units for people who have older UHD displays that do not support HDMI 2.0a/HDCP so they can connect 4K sources to their displays (almost every set before 2015 actually). That way, they do not have to buy a new display.

This would be great for my JVC RS-57U which supports 4K but does not have HDMI 2.0a/HDCP 2.2 compatible ports.

• The HD Fury Integral does not come with a manual... Click this link to download the manual (manual has been updated, new version is 1.2)....
  • Here is the link to their product web page, where you can find the download, FAQ and review links...
  • This link will take you to the post with the latest firmware update information...

From their site...

HDfury Integral is capable of connecting any HDCP revision sources devices to any HDCP revision sink devices. GUARANTEED!
If you ever saw the following statement: “this TV does not support HDCP 2.2. Make sure you have HDCP 2.2 capable TV” or a similar HDCP error message, make sure you never see it again with HDfury Integral! Featuring 2 inputs and 2 outputs, HDfury Integral can act as a Splitter, HDCP Doctor, CEC Commander, Audio extractor, Audio replacement, HDMI Doctor, Matrix, EDID management and more… Discover the tomorrow’s hardware today!
HDfury Integral Key Features
  • Unique HDCP Doctor Providing a total of 6 HDCP 1.4 and 2.2 engines for decryption/encryption, HDfury Integral offers a total HDCP workaround solution including HDCP 1.4 > HDCP 2.2 and HDCP 1.4 > HDCP 2.2 both ways conversion within the same unit.
    It is capable of connecting any HDCP1.x or HDCP2.x source devices to any HDCP1.x or HDCP 2.x sink devices.
    Each RX block decrypts the input first whether its 1.x or 2.x. Then each output port can individually encrypts it to 1.4(both) or 2.2(only top port) or not encrypt it at all.
    Dual conversion can be operated on both channels simultaneously.
  • Display HDCP 2.2 Content with Non-Compliant Devices HDCP 2.2 is the new copy-protection scheme for 4K UHD content.Not only it is not backward compatible but many recent 4K devices don’t even support it.
    Source devices, including media servers and head-ends like Netflix, will encode their 4K content with this new scheme. TVs must be HDCP 2.2-enabled to play it, and everything in the video chain including switches and receivers must be compliant as well, or the display will go dark and/or display a HDCP error.
    Bad news for consumers who have purchased expensive, high-bandwidth, processor-rich switchers and receivers to accommodate 4K. While the newer products may support the bandwidth needs of 4K, they won’t play copy-protected works until Integral is an active part of the setup.
  • 2×2 Splitter up to 4K60 4:4:4 600MHz 18Gbps Splitting any signal up to 4K60 4:4:4 600MHz signal is now a reality, thanx to IR/BT or push button, you can easily switch between 2 inputs that will be replicated to 2 outputs. HDCP conversion can be configured and applied on the fly in order to always output the type of signal that your display or sink device is expecting.
  • 4K60 4:4:4 600MHz 18Gbps > 4K60 4:2:0 300 MHz 10.2Gbps conversion Mostly all UHD TV sold until recently can only accept 4K60 when it comes in the form of a 4K60 4:2:0 300MHz signal, However upcoming sources and current high end graphics cards are outputting 4K60 4:4:4 (600MHz – 18 Gbps). Integral is solving that arising issue.
  • HDMI Audio Extracting HDfury Integral can extract HDMI audio and has a simultaneous output of analog L/R stereo and optical S/PDIF via 3.5mm combo jack connector.
  • External Audio Replacing Mini jack input connector (or Mic/Line IN) option is available to replace the audio in any HDMI/DVI-D stream up to 4K60 4:4:4 600MHz 18Gbps.
    Audio replacing only work on one channel, the secondary channel is a direct path from HDMI to HDMI.
    Useful in presentation areas or for simply streaming your phone/tablet music to your HDMI amp.
  • EDID Management Improved EDID Management solution with either a Custom uploaded EDID, Self generated Automix EDID or a Fixed basic EDID.
    AutoMix EDID feature will create a custom EDID by mixing both sink EDID connected to the splitter output ports.
    Custom and manual EDID utility available from the download section.
  • HDMI/CEC TOTAL COMMANDER* HDfury Integral offers an unique CEC commands manager, with CEC compatible equipment.
    CEC commands allow a HDMI source to send instructions and operate check on connected HDMI devices.
    Using the Integral’s Android/Apple APP for smartphone/tablet, user can configure custom CEC commands and send them LIVE or based on trigger event.
    As a practical use case example: it is capable of turning your display OFF when the source device is turned OFF.
    Concretely, it could turn off your HDTV when you power off your PS4.
  • TOTAL CONTROL* HDfury Integral APP is available for mobile and tablet running Android or iOS.
    You can control HDfury Integral using your mobile phone or tablet via a bluetooth connection.
    IR control and various physical buttons for configurations are also available.
  • 2×2 Matrix up to 4K30 4:4:4 300MHz* Matrix solution is available for HDMI stream up to 4K30 4:4:4 300MHz 10.2Gbps.

If it's not a BIG screen, it's not a theater...

Last edited by Jon S; 04-11-2016 at 08:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4197 Old 10-21-2015, 09:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Any Integral users out there ?

Has anybody received their HDfury integrals already ?
post #3 of 4197 Old 10-23-2015, 05:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 200 Post(s)
Quoted: 1525 Post(s)
Liked: 487
About Half of pre-orders have shipped this week, rest will be completed by Monday.

People should start getting their units next week.

We cooked a new special feature prior to release: Integral is now capable of injecting any custom infoframe, such as HDR metadata, to any signals. Enjoy !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Integral_Shipping.jpg
Views:	3031
Size:	171.7 KB
ID:	1013329  

Pre-order Vertex now, the 4K Messiah for videophiles!

4K Linker - User Manual PDF - Scaling Modes - iOS APP - Android APP
4K Integral - User Manual PDF - iOS APP - Android APP
GoBlue - Extend BT range and Add IR/BT support to Linker, Integral and Vertex.
Integral vs Linker vs Vertex - 18Gbps/600MHz HDMI cables that always work.

Last edited by HDfury; 10-23-2015 at 05:05 PM.

post #4 of 4197 Old 10-24-2015, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Well, I bit the bullet and ordered one... I won't get my new JVC eShift projector until the end of December, but I could not pass on the discounted price....

post #5 of 4197 Old 10-25-2015, 07:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 33
What is the discounted price?

Vinod
post #6 of 4197 Old 10-25-2015, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodk View Post
What is the discounted price?
25% off when purchased at their site, enter Integral in the apply coupon link...

post #7 of 4197 Old 10-26-2015, 02:58 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post

We cooked a new special feature prior to release: Integral is now capable of injecting any custom infoframe, such as HDR metadata, to any signals. Enjoy !
Can you please explain further what you mean by this?
post #8 of 4197 Old 10-28-2015, 07:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakeApples View Post
Can you please explain further what you mean by this?
Sorry, we are bringing a solution before people even realized that they have a problem.
We will post an Infoframe/HDR update explaining the available options and upcoming options asap.
All Infoframe/HDR stuff from us are under an exclusive partnership, that's why we cannot post too much yet.
Please give it some time and i'll get back to you with further details as to what can be done exactly.
BakeApples likes this.

Last edited by HDfury; 11-01-2015 at 06:34 PM.
post #9 of 4197 Old 10-30-2015, 10:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

I just got my HD Fury Integral today... It was shipped directly from Taiwan. This thing is small... No bigger than a pack of cigarettes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1099.JPG
Views:	2732
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	1030225   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1102.JPG
Views:	2732
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	1030233   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1101.JPG
Views:	2904
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	1030241   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1100.JPG
Views:	2766
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	1030249  
HDfury likes this.

post #10 of 4197 Old 10-30-2015, 11:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question Got mine today... but there is a rattle inside?

Received my Integral today, but I am afraid to plug it in, because it rattles inside like there are coins inside or somethings loose. Anyone else order one and have this issue? I have sent in a service request, so I will let you know what happens.
post #11 of 4197 Old 10-31-2015, 03:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 949 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Hdfury

Has anyone tried their HDFury integral yet??
post #12 of 4197 Old 11-01-2015, 02:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by asharma View Post
Has anyone tried their HDFury integral yet??
I was at a clients in UK yesterday and we plugged his in to his system to get him audio through his non hdcp2.2 compliant receiver. Sent hdmi in to integral from nvidea box then out of the hdmi1.4 box to his receiver. Got 4K streaming netflix sound and video all fine.
Manni01 and BayoD like this.

Convergent-AV
ISF, Home Theater Consultants and Distribution, U.K.
post #13 of 4197 Old 11-01-2015, 03:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 949 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Fraser View Post
I was at a clients in UK yesterday and we plugged his in to his system to get him audio through his non hdcp2.2 compliant receiver. Sent hdmi in to integral from nvidea box then out of the hdmi1.4 box to his receiver. Got 4K streaming netflix sound and video all fine.
Excellent!! Mine arrived Friday but nothing to test it with...
post #14 of 4197 Old 11-01-2015, 03:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 113 Post(s)
Quoted: 3166 Post(s)
Liked: 2846
I'm waiting for mine to arrive on Tuesday.

I'm also waiting for the Roku 4 to arrive in the UK, hopefully anytime soon, to buy one and test the HD Fury with.

The alternative would be to get an NVidia player (but I don't really game) or a BT UHD package (but I don't really care about Sports).

I might get the BT UHD package though if I can find a use for it.
post #15 of 4197 Old 11-01-2015, 03:54 AM
LJG
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 408 Post(s)
Liked: 214
So how is this run with HDMI 2.0 HDCP 2.2 source, HDMI 2.0 HDCP 2.2 Projector, HDMI 1.4 audio processor

Last edited by LJG; 11-01-2015 at 07:26 PM.
post #16 of 4197 Old 11-01-2015, 04:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJG View Post
So how is this run with HDMI 2.0 HDCP 2.2 source, HDMI 2.0 HDCP 2.2 Projector, HDMI 1.4 audio source?

There is no HDCP 2.2 protection on any audio source.

Plus any HDMI 1.4 source doesn't need the HD Fury.
post #17 of 4197 Old 11-01-2015, 08:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1831 Post(s)
Liked: 1444
Hi HD Fury, I'm interested in this product but would like to know more about it.

I have a 1080p projector, that accepts, processes, and displays 10-bit video over HDMI, but until UHD Blurays come out there is no actual 10-bit video content. So I'm thinking of buying the Integral so that I can see 10-bit video in DCI P3 color space on my normally Rec 709 projector. Will that work? Or will video coming in from a UHD Bluray player be downgraded by your processor to 8-bit rec 709.

My other question, which is related, it the idea is to use a cheap Yellow Notch Filter (YNF) to expand the color gamut of rec 709 projectors to be able to display the entire Digital Cinema color space (DCI P3):

DCI P3 color filters for Rec 709 projectors

So, I guess question two is : since I am a graphics programmer, can I code custom EOTF -> Gamma colorspace conversion processing into the Integral's firmware, or is it possible for the Integral to support passing DCI P3 video "raw", i.e. in 10-bit, without being compressed down into rec 709. This would make your product substantially a better investment for people with 1080p projectors (or even 4K) that do not support P3 color space already.

Let me know! I'm looking forward to the UHD Bluray generation and your products make me excited to think I can apply some processing to take advantage of the new increased color gamut and bit depth on my current projector. Suddenly a 200 dollar piece of equipment would become super useful. From what I can tell, if you connect a UHD Bluray player to a 1080p HDTV or projector, it will only output 8-bit, rec 709 video since it assumes that 10-bit, P3 support is limited to UHD HDTVs when that is not actually true. That is an unnecessary downgrade in video quality, and paying 200 dollars for this device to get access to DCI P3 color (plus HDR tone mapping?) would certainly be interesting.

I'd like to know what sort of software tools, like compilers, etc, that you provide for users to apply custom processing to the incoming video signal.
post #18 of 4197 Old 11-01-2015, 09:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I also have another question, can we use this product to convert from 1080p / 120hz / 444 (or RGB), to 1080p / 120hz / 420? Similar to your listed feature 4K60 444 --> 4K60 420

Because 1080p / 120hz / 420 would fit inside the 165 Mhz HDMI 1.4a input chips on many TVs and projectors, they would just need a firmware update or custom EDID to accept this resolution.
post #19 of 4197 Old 11-01-2015, 04:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLBURNSIDE View Post
I also have another question, can we use this product to convert from 1080p / 120hz / 444 (or RGB), to 1080p / 120hz / 420? Similar to your listed feature 4K60 444 --> 4K60 420

Because 1080p / 120hz / 420 would fit inside the 165 Mhz HDMI 1.4a input chips on many TVs and projectors, they would just need a firmware update or custom EDID to accept this resolution.
You are right but unfortunately the integral design do not allow/support such processing.
We could do a few others processing but they are all related to 4K60 4:2:0 <> 4K60 4:4:4.
In the current state we are already getting most of what integral hardware is capable of, what's not yet available is underway for the next couple of weeks.

Give me a day or so for your other question because i need to retrieve answer from our dev guys.

What i can tell you (generally, not specific to your question) regarding Infoframe injection is that we are offering the capability to everyone to test custom infoframe injection through the available USB GUI. Further solution and software will be available through an exclusive partnership, it will be announced shortly.

Integral is not just meant for HDR injection. We can inject ANYTHING over hdmi.
So whatever company needs some special packets sent over HDMI we can do it.

The content customer wants to send is up to them.
Like video infoframe(AVI) or Audio infoframe (ADO), general control infoframe etc...
The HDR infoframe is like any other.

Last edited by HDfury; 11-01-2015 at 04:35 PM.
post #20 of 4197 Old 11-01-2015, 07:27 PM
LJG
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni01 View Post
There is no HDCP 2.2 protection on any audio source.

Plus any HDMI 1.4 source doesn't need the HD Fury.
See corrected edit
post #21 of 4197 Old 11-02-2015, 12:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
So how is this run with HDMI 2.0 HDCP 2.2 source, HDMI 2.0 HDCP 2.2 Projector, HDMI 1.4 audio processor
You set the HD Fury (positioned after the source and before the AVR in the chain) to convert HDCP 2.2 to HDCP 1.4. If both AVR and display can handle 18gb/s content, then you leave it there, otherwise if your AVR, display or any other element in the chain is limited to 10.2gb/s bandwidth you ask the Fury to convert 18gb/s to 10.2gb/s.

This means that 50/60p UHD content in 4:4:4 will be converted to 4:2:0 8bits to go through the limited bandwidth.
post #22 of 4197 Old 11-02-2015, 03:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLBURNSIDE View Post
Hi HD Fury, I'm interested in this product but would like to know more about it.

I have a 1080p projector, that accepts, processes, and displays 10-bit video over HDMI, but until UHD Blurays come out there is no actual 10-bit video content. So I'm thinking of buying the Integral so that I can see 10-bit video in DCI P3 color space on my normally Rec 709 projector. Will that work? Or will video coming in from a UHD Bluray player be downgraded by your processor to 8-bit rec 709.

My other question, which is related, it the idea is to use a cheap Yellow Notch Filter (YNF) to expand the color gamut of rec 709 projectors to be able to display the entire Digital Cinema color space (DCI P3):

DCI P3 color filters for Rec 709 projectors

So, I guess question two is : since I am a graphics programmer, can I code custom EOTF -> Gamma colorspace conversion processing into the Integral's firmware, or is it possible for the Integral to support passing DCI P3 video "raw", i.e. in 10-bit, without being compressed down into rec 709. This would make your product substantially a better investment for people with 1080p projectors (or even 4K) that do not support P3 color space already.

Let me know! I'm looking forward to the UHD Bluray generation and your products make me excited to think I can apply some processing to take advantage of the new increased color gamut and bit depth on my current projector. Suddenly a 200 dollar piece of equipment would become super useful. From what I can tell, if you connect a UHD Bluray player to a 1080p HDTV or projector, it will only output 8-bit, rec 709 video since it assumes that 10-bit, P3 support is limited to UHD HDTVs when that is not actually true. That is an unnecessary downgrade in video quality, and paying 200 dollars for this device to get access to DCI P3 color (plus HDR tone mapping?) would certainly be interesting.

I'd like to know what sort of software tools, like compilers, etc, that you provide for users to apply custom processing to the incoming video signal.
This is exactly or very close to what others want to do.
First, integral will not downconvert color to 709 but pass 10bit color through as is. The only limit for color depth support is 600Mhz so as long as hdmi 2.0 bandwidth isn't exceeded you are good. You might need a custom edid with right edid capability to enable it from the source thus, we are working on additional edid options currently, will see what we can do so you have such support out of the box (or through update).

You can create the HDR metadata infoframe and the associated eotf as desired. It can be done with gui or via API command and dll.

But Integral will not itself do color matrixing or other color modification directly inside. Integral is doing the bridge between external software and HDMI signal, basically its forwarding/injecting infoframe created/generated by external software.

Please note that API and DLL are under exclusive partnership so we cannot supply these to you directly. But we will forward you to another party where you will be able to request/inquire it.

Last edited by HDfury; 11-02-2015 at 06:46 AM.
post #23 of 4197 Old 11-02-2015, 05:43 AM
LJG
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
You set the HD Fury (positioned after the source and before the AVR in the chain) to convert HDCP 2.2 to HDCP 1.4. If both AVR and display can handle 18gb/s content, then you leave it there, otherwise if your AVR, display or any other element in the chain is limited to 10.2gb/s bandwidth you ask the Fury to convert 18gb/s to 10.2gb/s.

This means that 50/60p UHD content in 4:4:4 will be converted to 4:2:0 8bits to go through the limited bandwidth.
Thank you that clears that up
post #24 of 4197 Old 11-02-2015, 05:55 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 95
I got my Integral last week and tested it on the Sony VW515ES and it works like a champ, outstanding product!
Manni01 and HDfury like this.
post #25 of 4197 Old 11-02-2015, 06:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cischico View Post
I got my Integral last week and tested it on the Sony VW515ES and it works like a champ, outstanding product!
Great to hear but it would make more sense to try it on a non HDCP 2.2 compatible display
post #26 of 4197 Old 11-02-2015, 06:22 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Great to hear but it would make more sense to try it on a non HDCP 2.2 compatible display
Fine, fine I will be more specific, I tried it on Input 1 (non HDCP 2.2) and it worked great. This thing has every feature you could possibly want. I didnt know it had bluetooth until I took a look at the manual or an IR port!
post #27 of 4197 Old 11-02-2015, 07:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
But we will forward you to another party where you will be able to request/inquire it.
Great. Thanks for this. I really think you guys could benefit from being friendly to this kind of colorspace conversion to make older projectors display the DCI P3 colors that will be present on UHD Blurays, for the cost of your device + maybe one extra VP in-line.

I already inquired about using the HD Fury IV to output analog 1080p RGB at 10-bit and that is apparently possible, so I could really be close here to a semi-affordable solution (compared to a true 4K projector) to display 10-bit 444 P3 on a 1080p projector as a stopgap measure. But certainly, I think this would be an added feature that could help sell your product, especially if you also can source the Rec 709 -> P3 filters and sell both as a "UHD Bluray compatibility kit" in a combo.

It's proving somewhat difficult for me to source the Yellow Notch Filter I would need anyway, so until I get that this is all academic. Truth be told, using some of these gadgets has to save me time and energy (== money). If it doesn't, I can easily do this processing entirely myself on my HTPC once I get access to 2160p 10-bit video files.
post #28 of 4197 Old 11-02-2015, 08:06 AM
LJG
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
You are right but unfortunately the integral design do not allow/support such processing.
We could do a few others processing but they are all related to 4K60 4:2:0 <> 4K60 4:4:4.
In the current state we are already getting most of what integral hardware is capable of, what's not yet available is underway for the next couple of weeks.

Give me a day or so for your other question because i need to retrieve answer from our dev guys.

What i can tell you (generally, not specific to your question) regarding Infoframe injection is that we are offering the capability to everyone to test custom infoframe injection through the available USB GUI. Further solution and software will be available through an exclusive partnership, it will be announced shortly.

Integral is not just meant for HDR injection. We can inject ANYTHING over hdmi.
So whatever company needs some special packets sent over HDMI we can do it.

The content customer wants to send is up to them.
Like video infoframe(AVI) or Audio infoframe (ADO), general control infoframe etc...
The HDR infoframe is like any other.
I am not clear what you mean by HDR injection, do you mean HDR processing of HDR metadat, or do you mean simple pass through of HDR data. Also would the 4K signal be able to be converted to 1080P by the Integral for display on 1080P projector?

Last edited by LJG; 11-02-2015 at 08:11 AM.
post #29 of 4197 Old 11-02-2015, 08:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cischico View Post
Fine, fine I will be more specific, I tried it on Input 1 (non HDCP 2.2) and it worked great. This thing has every feature you could possibly want. I didnt know it had bluetooth until I took a look at the manual or an IR port!
That's more like it
post #30 of 4197 Old 11-02-2015, 09:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I am not clear what you mean by HDR injection, do you mean HDR processing of HDR metadat, or do you mean simple pass through of HDR data. Also would the 4K signal be able to be converted to 1080P by the Integral for display on 1080P projector?
Ok sorry, my english...

Simple pass through of HDR metadata, this is normal, working out of the box, Integral is HDMI2.0a so no problem to pass-through HDR signals.

Now Integral also have advanced features way beyond a simple HDR metadata pass-through, one of them in discussion here is the ability to inject any infoframe metadata (HDR metadata included). This is something you can currently test using the available USB GUI windows software. You can send any infoframe metadata manually.

A further, more advanced sofware version dedicated to infoframe metadata will be available from another party shortly (and should be announced in the next hours or days). It will allow you to link Integral to your own software or use supplied software to perform operations easily. More on that later, may be directly from our partner.

Injecting infoframe might allow no HDR display to react to HDR signal. But that's just one part of it.
As stated above we can inject ANYTHING over HDMI using Integral.

Funny times ahead

PS: Integral cannot upscale/downscale resolution or refresh rate. It can only work on chroma sampling offering the option to split a 4K60 4:4:4 stream into 4K60 4:4:4 and 4K60 4:2:0 at the same time when such option is activated.
We have a splitter pro doing 1080p24/25/30 <-> 4K24/25/30 and the other way around, individually per channel or combined. As soon as we are able to do the same thing for 1080p50/60 <> 4K50/4K60 we will do it. Current IC tested for this purpose was not yet good enough.
markrubin and RLBURNSIDE like this.

Last edited by HDfury; 11-02-2015 at 09:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page