post #1411 of 1862 Old 04-11-2017, 08:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1026 Post(s)
Liked: 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
With my usual Linker configuration, the test firmware made no difference. Still no video after switching Denon 4200w AVR input to Directv box and return to Oppo/Linker.

Then I had an idea to try HDCP 2.2 output, thinking perhaps the additional handshaking required over 1.4 might make a difference. To my surprise it worked.

With HDCP 2.2 configured for output, I was able to switch away from the Linker and back again without issue. With either Sink EDID, custom EDID 2, or EDID 8. Besides testing with the Oppo Home Screen, I verified I could pause playback of a UHD disc, switch away to Directv input, then switch back to Oppo/Linker and picture was displayed.

Linker GUI screenshot attached.

I will revert to the release version of 0.20 firmware and retest to see if HDCP 2.2 output makes the difference. Update: Confirmed that with HDCP 2.2 output configured, the release version of the 0.20 firmware has no issue when switching AVR inputs.
Claw...with your screenshot, you're inputting and outputting REC 709 colorspace....is that intentional?

David Vaughn Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer Sound & Vision Magazine (Print & Online)
My Atmos Renovation Part 1 http://www.soundandvision.com/conten...odyssey-part-1
My Atmos Renovation Part 2 http://www.soundandvision.com/conten...odyssey-part-2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1412 of 1862 Old 04-11-2017, 10:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 924 Post(s)
Liked: 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Vaughn View Post
Claw...with your screenshot, you're inputting and outputting REC 709 colorspace....is that intentional?
That is the Oppo Home Screen. I also verified with UHD disc playback, but didn't grab a screenshot of that. Both 4K60 REC709 and 4K24 BT.2020 had the same no video issue when switching AVR HDMI inputs.
Dave Vaughn likes this.

CJ

Last edited by claw; 04-11-2017 at 10:33 PM.
post #1413 of 1862 Old 04-11-2017, 10:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I should try one more AVR input switching test but I have shut everything down for the night.

Have the Directv C61K box output a 4K channel when performing the AVR input switching. That might prove whether HDCP 2.2 output from the Linker is what makes the switching work; or if it is the change from HDCP 1.4 (Directv) to HDCP 2.2 (Linker) that is resulting in a new handshake.

If both the Directv box and the Linker are outputting HDCP 2.2 and the AVR input switching fails then it would prove that it is not HDCP 2.2 output by itself that makes the input switching work.

CJ

post #1414 of 1862 Old 04-12-2017, 08:22 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 2772 Post(s)
Liked: 591
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingdvd View Post
Unfortunately the UB900 optimized firmware made no difference at all. Acted the same as the 0.20 firmware, which acts the same as the 0.19a firmware. At least in my setup. Main issue still persists - no way to leave the UB900 and come back to it without having to Reset the signal after returning.
I will test this scenario tonight even though I have an Oppo and Directv instead of the Panasonic and Comcast. I typically always power off one source device and then power on the other. I don't lose video sync. But I will try switching AVR input to Directv and then back to my Oppo without powering down either. My Linker is positioned between player and AVR as you have it.

I have also found that with the Linker I need to power on the Oppo before I power on my Denon AVR to ensure that I always get video sync from the Oppo. I don't recall having to do this when I used an Integral.

Also, why are you using EDID 10 instead of 8? EDID 10 does not support HDR so setting the Disable HDR flag in the Linker does nothing since it is getting SDR from your Panasonic already.
Sorry just seeing this. I use SINK for HDR (effectively gives me EDID 2) and slide to Custom to get EDID 10 for SDR BT2020 just to do A/B comparisons with HDR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Quote:
I believe that those that are having input switching issues have the Linker placed before the AVR and not after. I would not expect there to be an issue with the Linker after the AVR since the AVR is feeding the Linker, not the Linker feeding the AVR.

I have my Linker in front of my Denon AVR; Oppo>Linker>Denon x4200w>JVC RS500. I normally don't switch between source devices and when I do I always power down the device I had active and then power on the next source device. I never lose sync with the Linker this way; even when I have both my Oppo and Samsung players connected to the Linker inputs. But I was able to reproduce this issue where my AVR gets no signal from the Linker after switching away from the Linker to another HDMI-input and then back when both source devices are turned on.

When the AVR's active input is switched away from the Linker and then back to the Linker connected HDMI input, it seems that the Linker does not recognize this. It does not appear to start a new handshaking process with the AVR. The AVR sees no input from the Linker. Most posters are resetting the Linker to resolve it. I found that all I needed to do was force a new handshake by either changing the Linker EDID, power restart the source device or AVR, or force a resolution change by starting/stopping playback of a disc in my Oppo which changes between 4K60 for the menu and 4K24 for the disc.

I am going to try inserting my Integral after the Linker and before the AVR to see if the Integral has the same issue or not when the AVR changes to a different HDMI input and then back.
We will have a test firmware soon for AVR switching when linker is before AVR.
It seems some AVR inform sources by different means: Hotplug, RSEN toggle or maybe HDCP reauth
Yamaha AVR confirmed by hotplug, AVR that have issue may be use a different way.
We will find out soon, anyway, thanx for your always great testing and report.
Doesn't sound like I should try this since it made no difference for Claw and based on what he says next...

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted99 View Post
As I understand it, HD Fury is getting a Denon to go with the Oppo 203 to check for compatibility issues with the linker both before and after the Denon. Once those tests are complete, if any firmware updates are required, HDFury will do them and we will be advised on the optimum placement (before or after). Correct?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs2017 View Post
I have the same setup as you do but with the RS600. I initially had the linker just before the RS600 and had a few synch issues (only after I tried switching from auto to custom 4k output on the Oppo). I then switched the linker just after the Oppo going to the denon x4200w and no issues so far (or much less synch issues to speak of). However, I wouldn't consider my sample size large at all.
Here is an update (@Claw, please try it)

http://www.filedropper.com/4klinkerfw20gui19avr

If someone can confirm if it helps or not in his setup when Linker is before AVR, thanx.
Quote:
Quote:
Here is an update (@Claw, please try it)

http://www.filedropper.com/4klinkerfw20gui19avr

If someone can confirm if it helps or not in his setup when Linker is before AVR, thanx.
With my usual Linker configuration, the test firmware made no difference. Still no video after switching Denon 4200w AVR input to Directv box and return to Oppo/Linker.

Then I had an idea to try HDCP 2.2 output, thinking perhaps the additional handshaking required over 1.4 might make a difference. To my surprise it worked.

With HDCP 2.2 configured for output, I was able to switch away from the Linker and back again without issue. With either Sink EDID, custom EDID 2, or EDID 8. Besides testing with the Oppo Home Screen, I verified I could pause playback of a UHD disc, switch away to Directv input, then switch back to Oppo/Linker and picture was displayed.

Linker GUI screenshot attached.

I will revert to the release version of 0.20 firmware and retest to see if HDCP 2.2 output makes the difference. Update: Confirmed that with HDCP 2.2 output configured, the release version of the 0.20 firmware has no issue when switching AVR inputs.
@HDFury - did not hear back from you on my post from five days ago. It sounds like Claw is sayjng the issue is resolved by setting Linker to 2.2 instead of 1.4? So I will try that, eve tho you have been saying all along to always set to 1.4. Thanks Claw!
post #1415 of 1862 Old 04-12-2017, 08:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 196 Post(s)
Quoted: 1507 Post(s)
Liked: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingdvd View Post
Sorry just seeing this. I use SINK for HDR (effectively gives me EDID 2) and slide to Custom to get EDID 10 for SDR BT2020 just to do A/B comparisons with HDR.

Doesn't sound like I should try this since it made no difference for Claw and based on what he says next...

@HDFury - did not hear back from you on my post from five days ago. It sounds like Claw is sayjng the issue is resolved by setting Linker to 2.2 instead of 1.4? So I will try that, eve tho you have been saying all along to always set to 1.4. Thanks Claw!
We always recommend 1.4 to get rid of cables issue at 600MHz, since 2.2 add extra bandwidth, nothing else.
Yes it seems Claw found a work around, so it should be working for everyone now, even before latest firmware in fact.

HDCP Error? Blackscreen? No Audio? No Problem with HDfury!

4K Integral - User Manual PDF - iOS APP - Android APP
4K Linker - User Manual PDF - Scaling Modes - iOS APP - Android APP
GoBlue - Extend BT range and Add IR/BT support to Linker, Integral and upcoming.
Integral vs Linker - 18Gbps/600MHz HDMI cables that always work.
post #1416 of 1862 Old 04-12-2017, 09:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I should try one more AVR input switching test but I have shut everything down for the night.

Have the Directv C61K box output a 4K channel when performing the AVR input switching. That might prove whether HDCP 2.2 output from the Linker is what makes the switching work; or if it is the change from HDCP 1.4 (Directv) to HDCP 2.2 (Linker) that is resulting in a new handshake.

If both the Directv box and the Linker are outputting HDCP 2.2 and the AVR input switching fails then it would prove that it is not HDCP 2.2 output by itself that makes the input switching work.
Are we sure DirecTV can output 1.4 in some occasion when connected to 2.2 sink ? i'm not sure, it would make sense to check that it can indeed be 1.4 (may be by simply hooking up linker to the output and control incoming hdcp with GUI)

An other test interesting, is simply to switch direcTV and OPPO position in the setup (or just put Linker at direcTV output), OPPO alone and DirecTV > Linker, that would immediately confirm the issue is the combo OPPO>LINKER or not.

GoBlue - Extend BT range and Add IR/BT support to Linker, Integral and upcoming.
post #1417 of 1862 Old 04-12-2017, 10:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Are we sure DirecTV can output 1.4 in some occasion when connected to 2.2 sink ? i'm not sure, it would make sense to check that it can indeed be 1.4 (may be by simply hooking up linker to the output and control incoming hdcp with GUI)

An other test interesting, is simply to switch direcTV and OPPO position in the setup (or just put Linker at direcTV output), OPPO alone and DirecTV > Linker, that would immediately confirm the issue is the combo OPPO>LINKER or not.
I assumed the Directv box would output HDCP 1.4 unless outputting 4K. Maybe I was wrong and will try to verify.

I can try connecting either the Linker and/or Integral to the Directv box. But past experience tells me that the Directv C61K box does not really work well with the Integral or Linker. That is the primary reason I have the Linker in front of the AVR instead after. Directv has not addressed an issue I have that changing channels from 4K to HD loses video sync. I can resolve that by power restarting the Directv box. But in the past when I had an Integral connected to the C61K, the video sync loss on channel changes was more problematic in that I also needed to restart the JVC projector as well.

CJ

Last edited by claw; 04-12-2017 at 10:20 AM.
post #1418 of 1862 Old 04-12-2017, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I assumed the Directv box would output HDCP 1.4 unless outputting 4K. Maybe I was wrong and will try to verify.

I can try connecting either the Linker and/or Integral to the Directv box. But past experience tells me that the Directv C61K box does not really work well with the Integral or Linker. That is the primary reason I have the Linker in front of the AVR instead after. Directv has not addressed an issue I have that changing channels from 4K to HD loses video sync. I can resolve that by power restarting the Directv box. But in the past when I had an Integral connected to the C61K, the video sync loss on channel changes was more problematic in that I also needed to restart the JVC projector as well.
Yes me too i assumed that, but we know for a fact that some HDCP2.2 sources always handshake with HDCP2.2 when seeing HDCP2.2 sink. So as i say it's more a matter of being sure/having double checked, just in case.

That in Bold is may be also related to DirecTV + Denon/Marantz AVR no ? does it work direcTV > PJ direct ?

Btw, did you check Linker with DirecTV with recent FW ? like 0.19a or 0.20, may be HDCP settings can affect results here too.

post #1419 of 1862 Old 04-12-2017, 07:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yes me too i assumed that, but we know for a fact that some HDCP2.2 sources always handshake with HDCP2.2 when seeing HDCP2.2 sink. So as i say it's more a matter of being sure/having double checked, just in case.

That in Bold is may be also related to DirecTV + Denon/Marantz AVR no ? does it work direcTV > PJ direct ?

Btw, did you check Linker with DirecTV with recent FW ? like 0.19a or 0.20, may be HDCP settings can affect results here too.
1. I tested AVR input switching with 3 devices connected to the Linker and the linker to my Denon x4200w AVR; Oppo, Samsung K8500, and Directv C61K. Only the Oppo had an issue with lost signal, and only when Linker HDCP was set to 1.4. The Samsung and Directv had no issue with input switching with either HDCP 1.4 or HDCP 2.2. This is with the latest release version of the Linker firmware.

2. I connected the Directv C61K to my Integral as well as testing with the Linker. In both cases there were inconsistencies in the GUI reporting of HDCP. Most of the time the Integral GUI would report No HDCP for all channels except for 4K channels when it reported HCDP 2.2. Other times it would report HDCP 2.2 for HD channels as well. The Linker GUI would report No encryption or would report HDCP 2.2 for channels that were not 4K. And always HDCP 2.2 for 4K channels. I couldn't determine a pattern to explain the reporting differences. Perhaps the Directv C61K is not consistent in HDCP handling. Never did I see HDCP 1.4 reported.

3. I found that with the Integral connected to the Directv box, I could only get a picture with HDCP set to 1.4 in the Integral. If I set HDCP 2.2 output, I would get no signal for HD channels, and a pink screen for 4K channels. This is with version 0.60.0.34 of the firmware. I did not have this issue when the Directv was connected to the Linker. This might explain some of my earlier problems with the Directv / Integral combination. I might have had HDCP set to 2.2 at that time.

4. With the Directv / Linker combination sent into the AVR, I still could not change from a 4K channel to a HD channel. I would lose signal. If I made a change in the Linker GUI to force a new handshake, the signal would sync. So finally, I connected the Directv box to the Linker and bypassed the AVR and went directly to the JVC RS500. Same issue, swapping between 4K and HD channels results in loss of signal. And a GUI setting change to force a new handshake results in a successful signal. As this channel change signal loss happens with or without Linker or Integral in the device chain and even without the AVR in the device chain, it would appear to me that it is a Directv bug. Or some Directv C61K incompatibility with my JVC RS500 projector. At least this testing results gives me a reason to use the Integral again. I can use the Integral mobile App to change EDID and force a handshake with the Directv C61K instead of having to power restart the Directv box each time I lose signal on channel change. (As long as I set HDCP to 1.4 in the Integral)

CJ

Last edited by claw; 04-13-2017 at 09:22 AM.
post #1420 of 1862 Old 04-12-2017, 08:46 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 2772 Post(s)
Liked: 591
@HDfury - I tested what @claw discovered and yes, switching the linker from 1.4 to 2.2 solved my issues. So now I can switch back and forth between all my sources and the UB900 and when going back to the UB900 I have a correct signal each time. This is using the release firmware 0.20 (not the UB900 optimized one, which I never tried). I was able to go back and forth nearly 10 times in a row and each time I got a signal, whereas before I would maybe get a signal going back and forth once out of every 20 or 30 tries. I can't believe the answer was this simple all along.

Perhaps knowing this will lead to a fix for making things work with the Linker set to 1.4, but in my particular case, I do not see any need to use 1.4 because I am getting a solid and stable signal with 2.2 and EDID 02.
post #1421 of 1862 Old 04-13-2017, 01:01 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I just wanted to thank HDFury for fixing the annoying no-3D-problem at last. I just installed the UB-specific 0.20-firmware, and FINALLY I get 3D to work.

Another (stupid?) question though - Panasonic just released the 1.73 firmware for the UB900/700 players, which added a 10-bit HDR feature. Will this somehow benefit us LS10000 / HDFury Linker owners?
Smack23 likes this.

/Spygg
post #1422 of 1862 Old 04-14-2017, 11:19 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 35
@HDfury Did the HDMI logical address fix make it into this last release? It was to fix the HDMI CEC issue...Thanks.
post #1423 of 1862 Old 04-17-2017, 09:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 9
I recently ordered an HDFury Linker and am eagerly anticipating its arrival on Wednesday. @HDfury , now for my question:

I have a display that is limited by it's 10.2gbs HDMI board, but is capable of 4K+WCG+HDR. This is the reason I purchased the HDFury Linker. I basically want to keep HDR/WCG, yet downscale the resolution ONLY when needed to prevent from crossing over 300mhz.

For example:
Input > Output
1080p > Do Nothing
4K/24p > Do Nothing
4k/60p 4:2:0 8bit > Do Nothing
4k/60p 4:2:2 10bit (or higher) > 1080p/60p 4:2:2 10bit (or higher)

I think this is something the Linker is capable of. What I can't tell from the user guide: How do I set this up? I don't want to keep a PC connected to the Linker at all times. Instead, I want to somehow tell the Linker to do this, plug it in, and leave it alone. Any input/help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited by CollectedDust; 04-17-2017 at 09:21 AM.
post #1424 of 1862 Old 04-18-2017, 12:24 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spygg View Post
Another (stupid?) question though - Panasonic just released the 1.73 firmware for the UB900/700 players, which added a 10-bit HDR feature. Will this somehow benefit us LS10000 / HDFury Linker owners?
That would be great (as a LS10000 Owner myself). A perfect HDR->SDR BT2020 output would be great.....
post #1425 of 1862 Old 04-18-2017, 10:02 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi, i have the below setup but have issues with switching sources and/or resolution change with ps4pro

Setup:
Tv: sony bravia 65x850D (4K/HDR/HDCP2.2)
Audio: Bose Lifestyle 535 Series III (1080p/HDCP1.4)
Sources: PS4 Pro, Cable STB (non-4K)
HDFury: Integral (2017 version) and Linker both with current newest firmware)

Current Connections:
- Bose HDMI out to Bravia HDMI In port 2 (no ARC as Bose does not support ARC)
- Bravia Optical Out to Bose HDMI
- Cable STB to Bose via HDMI
- PS4 Pro HDMI out to Integral Top Input
- Integral Top Output to Bravia HDMI In port 3
- Integral Bottom Output to Linker Top Input
- Linker Output to Bose HDMI In
(All cables in the ps4 chain are HdFury cables)

Configuration:
- PS4 Pro video output all Automatic, Audio HDMI/LPCM
- Integral EDID 2 (middle switch), HDCP1.4, Audio HDMI only.
- Linker EDID 10 (middle switch), HDCP1.4, Downscale (preset 4k60 to 1080p checked, preset 4k30 unchecked, RGB, deepcolor follow input), Auto Switch disable

Objectives:
1) To get PS4 Pro to output best video on Bravia from PS4 Pro (4K/HDR), and LPCM 7.1 on Bose
2) Seamless switching between PS4 (non-HDR games to HDR games and vice-versa)
3) Seamless switching between PS4 Pro and Cable STB

Issues:
1) I have to follow a set procedure to enable proper video and audio output from PS4. Basically I have to be on Bravia HDMI 2 (Bose connection) and then switch Bose source to PS4 (connected via Linker). Switch on PS4 and wait until I get video (non 4K) and audio LPCM7.1. Then switch the Bravia to HDMI 2 (PS4/Integral) for 4K and wait for LPCM7.1 to come on again.
2) To play HDR game (e.g. Horizon Zero Dawn), the PS4 automatically changes resolution from 2160-RGB to YUV422 when the game is loaded. I lose audio (after step 1 above) and I have to use the Integral iOS app to 'rekick' EDID 2 and then audio comes back on.
3) Switching from PS4 to Cable STB is an issue. Regardless of how I do it, when I turn off PS4, switch back to HDMI 2, switch Bose source to cable, either I lose picture (static) and/or lose audio completely. Randomly it is a success but most of the time it fails especially if I put PS4 to rest mode without quitting HDR game (obviously this is the most convenient because of load time). When I lose picture/audio, I have to switch off Bose and TV and turn it back on which becomes a hassle.

Long post but would be great if I can get help on this in terms of the settings/config I need to have. Have tried tons of combinations and never had full success.

Thanks!
post #1426 of 1862 Old 04-19-2017, 05:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spygg View Post
I just wanted to thank HDFury for fixing the annoying no-3D-problem at last. I just installed the UB-specific 0.20-firmware, and FINALLY I get 3D to work.

10b HDR for which signal/timing ? because i guess those players were already capable of 4K60 4:2:0 10b for HDR and 4K24 4:2:2 12b too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jqmn View Post
@HDfury Did the HDMI logical address fix make it into this last release? It was to fix the HDMI CEC issue...Thanks.
As far as i recall it should be since FW0.18, please let us know if it's not the case and add link to post where you explained the issue initially so i can track back, thanx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollectedDust View Post
I recently ordered an HDFury Linker and am eagerly anticipating its arrival on Wednesday. @HDfury , now for my question:

I have a display that is limited by it's 10.2gbs HDMI board, but is capable of 4K+WCG+HDR. This is the reason I purchased the HDFury Linker. I basically want to keep HDR/WCG, yet downscale the resolution ONLY when needed to prevent from crossing over 300mhz.

For example:
Input > Output
1080p > Do Nothing
4K/24p > Do Nothing

I think this is something the Linker is capable of. What I can't tell from the user guide: How do I set this up? I don't want to keep a PC connected to the Linker at all times. Instead, I want to somehow tell the Linker to do this, plug it in, and leave it alone. Any input/help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Hi, currently all 4K60 will follow one rule, we will push an update that allow to give exception so you can have everything downscaled except your display max.

post #1427 of 1862 Old 04-19-2017, 06:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 3153 Post(s)
Liked: 2830
Quote:
10b HDR for which signal/timing ? because i guess those players were already capable of 4K60 4:2:0 10b for HDR and 4K24 4:2:2 12b too.

As far as i recall it should be since FW0.18, please let us know if it's not the case and add link to post where you explained the issue initially so i can track back, thanx.

Hi, currently all 4K60 will follow one rule, we will push an update that allow to give exception so you can have everything downscaled except your display max.
The UB900 was unable to send 10bits until the recent f/w update. It could only send 8bits or 12bits, which was a limitation if you had borderline cables.
post #1428 of 1862 Old 04-20-2017, 09:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 32
My setup Uverse, HTPC and Sny X800 connect through Denon X6300 to JVC RS620. Linker is right before the projector.

It seems like sometime I will lose connection/input signal watch UHD and Netflix through X800, blue screen for approx. 20 seconds or so and the image will come back. Sometime it happens like 2-4 times in a movie, sometimes we make it through the whole movie without any problem. Also occasionally the projector will kick into HDR mode automatically even though I am not watching HDR content and also I already disable the HDR in linker. That's the only thing I change in the Linker from default setting.

Any idea?
post #1429 of 1862 Old 04-20-2017, 01:14 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Y View Post
My setup Uverse, HTPC and Sny X800 connect through Denon X6300 to JVC RS620. Linker is right before the projector.

It seems like sometime I will lose connection/input signal watch UHD and Netflix through X800, blue screen for approx. 20 seconds or so and the image will come back. Sometime it happens like 2-4 times in a movie, sometimes we make it through the whole movie without any problem. Also occasionally the projector will kick into HDR mode automatically even though I am not watching HDR content and also I already disable the HDR in linker. That's the only thing I change in the Linker from default setting.

Any idea?
Does anybody know if this has been resolved yet so the Fury Intregal or Linker will work for the Sony X800 UHD player so it will eliminate the HDR but keep the 4k color gamut BT.2020?
post #1430 of 1862 Old 04-21-2017, 05:16 AM

Quote:
@HDfury The purpose of this was you thought HDMI CEC commands weren't passing to my Samsung UHD player because the Linker was lacking a logical address. With the Linker out of the chain (Samsung==>Linker==>Marantz 7702MKII==>projector) the commands pass just fine. With the Linker in the chain they don't. I installed f/w 20 and this issue still exists. Not need to backtrack posts as this issue has always existed for me. In the past I have thought moving the Linker between the avr and projector might fix this but I don't get a (video) signal at all when the Linker is after the avr.
post #1431 of 1862 Old 04-21-2017, 09:33 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 474 Post(s)
Liked: 79
@HDfury : I currently own a JVC RS500 and the HDFury Integral in order to choose EDID 8 or 10. I have read on the AVS RS500/600 forum that adding the linker to my video stream will allow me to re-enable the projector's dynamic iris with HDR source material by stripping the HDR metadata flag. Is this function inherent to the Linker, or would I have to purchase additional management software? Also, does HDFury sell refurbished Linkers at a discount? Thank you.
post #1432 of 1862 Old 04-21-2017, 05:47 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
So this exception will allow:

I ask because this is why I bought the linker and it's my fault for not understanding its capabities. Do you have an estimate time to release for this update?
post #1433 of 1862 Old 04-22-2017, 02:40 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 470 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by docrog View Post
@HDfury : I currently own a JVC RS500 and the HDFury Integral in order to choose EDID 8 or 10. I have read on the AVS RS500/600 forum that adding the linker to my video stream will allow me to re-enable the projector's dynamic iris with HDR source material by stripping the HDR metadata flag. Is this function inherent to the Linker, or would I have to purchase additional management software? Also, does HDFury sell refurbished Linkers at a discount? Thank you.
I'm interested in this answer also but I'm using RS400...Thxs

JVC DLA-RS400U
Sliver Ticket 120' Absolute Cinema Black screen
Aggressive 1299 L/C/R/, Volt 10XL x 2 surround, MKII Atmos Modules x 4(Jav's build)
Denon AVRX6200W /Acurus A125x5
SONY UBP-X800 4K UHD Player
Ported Primate SI 18" HST subs x 2(DIY)
post #1434 of 1862 Old 04-22-2017, 07:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:

Any idea?
Last night, watching blu-ray through HTPC, in the middle of the movie, the video stopped for 20-30 seconds with sound still playing and the video came back with my JVC projector automatically kick into HDR mode. It did it twice within 15 mins and somehow everything good for the second half of the movie. I have the lastest firmware. Any idea?
post #1435 of 1862 Old 04-22-2017, 08:19 AM

Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 78
I have the following setup:

Epson TW9300, Nvidia Shield, Xbox One S: All latest firwares except Linker - read below.

Connection: Shield -> Marantz SR5010 -> Linker -> TW9300
One S -> -"-

In Linker settings: Custom EDID, then I use both the 4k60 and 4k30 presets for 300MHz. BT2020 is set to follow.
I have several small issues that I want to ask about. At the moment the only Linker firmware that is stable for me is 0.19. I've also tried 0.19a and 0.20. Both 19a and 20 I have issues where something doesn't work. But that's not the main problem. The biggest issue I have is that I'm always getting max settings to the projector. I.e. 1920x1080 shows up as UHD resolution. Rec.709 shows up as BT2020 etc. This way I never know what quality the source material is in. And this means I manually have to select Rec.709 for BD and BT2020 for UHD BD. And since the projector thinks it's getting 2020 when I select 709 it does something wierd to the colors. That's the main problem right now.

But there is some other stuff. In the 4k60 preset for 300Mhz if I select 1080p,4:4:4,12b or whatever it's called 24Hz playback gets broken. For movies that are 4k60Hz HDR I would like to downscale this to 1080p 4:4:4 10-bit HDR and then run the e-shift in the projector. This seems to work but whenever I have this selected 24Hz content doesn't work at all. I get some super wierd resolution and wierd colors. I've tried all the latest three firmwares.

It's also a shame that the Xbox black levels are completely broken, but that's another story and I will have to get a dedicated player. What's the best player? I've read recommendations on some Phillips, Panasonic and LG. Oppo is too much cash for me.

So to summerize is there a way to set the linker up so that for BD the projector sees 1080p, Rec. 709, 8-bit but for UHD BD it get's 3840x2160 10-bit 4:2:2 HDR 24Hz or for 4k60Hz(or anything above 30Hz) HDR I get 1920x1080 4:4:4 10b HDR 60Hz?

Room | Designed by Ingvar Öhman, built by me |
Sound | Front: Ino Audio i32s, Center: Ino Audio i16s, Surrounds: 6 x Ino a1 (in the future also 6 x Ino a2) Subs: 4 x L26ROY |
Picture | Epson TW9300, soon Dreamscreen V6 |
Electronics | Marantz SR5010, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Behringer Ep4000(fan modded), miniDSP 2x4 balanced, Panasonic UB700 |
post #1436 of 1862 Old 04-23-2017, 08:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni01 View Post
The UB900 was unable to send 10bits until the recent f/w update. It could only send 8bits or 12bits, which was a limitation if you had borderline cables.
YES/NO

Because at 4K24 4:2:2 deepcolor or 4K60 4:2:2 deepcolor, no matter if signal is 10 or 12b the bandwidth is exactly the same, it transit in 300MHz container for the first and 600MHz for the second. Option is then useless for cable issue.
So it would help on cable issue only for 4K24 4:4:4 10 or 12b situation or 4K60 4:2:0 10 or 12b situation. where signal bandwidth get impacted for real as not in a container.

Quote:

Any idea?
Quote:
Last night, watching blu-ray through HTPC, in the middle of the movie, the video stopped for 20-30 seconds with sound still playing and the video came back with my JVC projector automatically kick into HDR mode. It did it twice within 15 mins and somehow everything good for the second half of the movie. I have the lastest firmware. Any idea?
Can you please describe video chain and list HDMI cable length between each equipment, ex: SOURCE BRAND/MODEL > 3 meter HDMI > LINKER > 2 METER HDMI > PJ ...
Also please confirm FW version on Linker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prisonmike View Post
So this exception will allow:

I ask because this is why I bought the linker and it's my fault for not understanding its capabities. Do you have an estimate time to release for this update?
Yes it will be like that and No, it's not your fault, you can put the blame on us for this
It's planned since a while but the guys have been stuck fixing annoying issue and wasted time lately on it as you can read on previous pages.
This will be on next update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by docrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexgen76 View Post
I'm interested in this answer also but I'm using RS400...Thxs
Yes, you can ask the guys in the JVC thread or read a bit, they have made instructions, step by step, etc... it's all well documented.

And yes, that feature comes with the Linker, it's in the GUI, just a checkbox to click and you are done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jqmn View Post
@HDfury The purpose of this was you thought HDMI CEC commands weren't passing to my Samsung UHD player because the Linker was lacking a logical address. With the Linker out of the chain (Samsung==>Linker==>Marantz 7702MKII==>projector) the commands pass just fine. With the Linker in the chain they don't. I installed f/w 20 and this issue still exists. Not need to backtrack posts as this issue has always existed for me. In the past I have thought moving the Linker between the avr and projector might fix this but I don't get a (video) signal at all when the Linker is after the avr.
Yes i recall now, thanx, if you cannot find link to initial post, can you confirm it happens in all EDID modes (FIXED/CUSTOM/SINK) or if only one one of them ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipbtz View Post
I have the following setup:

Epson TW9300, Nvidia Shield, Xbox One S: All latest firwares except Linker - read below.

Connection: Shield -> Marantz SR5010 -> Linker -> TW9300
One S -> -"-

In Linker settings: Custom EDID, then I use both the 4k60 and 4k30 presets for 300MHz. BT2020 is set to follow.
I have several small issues that I want to ask about. At the moment the only Linker firmware that is stable for me is 0.19. I've also tried 0.19a and 0.20. Both 19a and 20 I have issues where something doesn't work. But that's not the main problem. The biggest issue I have is that I'm always getting max settings to the projector. I.e. 1920x1080 shows up as UHD resolution. Rec.709 shows up as BT2020 etc. This way I never know what quality the source material is in. And this means I manually have to select Rec.709 for BD and BT2020 for UHD BD. And since the projector thinks it's getting 2020 when I select 709 it does something wierd to the colors. That's the main problem right now.

But there is some other stuff. In the 4k60 preset for 300Mhz if I select 1080p,4:4:4,12b or whatever it's called 24Hz playback gets broken. For movies that are 4k60Hz HDR I would like to downscale this to 1080p 4:4:4 10-bit HDR and then run the e-shift in the projector. This seems to work but whenever I have this selected 24Hz content doesn't work at all. I get some super wierd resolution and wierd colors. I've tried all the latest three firmwares.

It's also a shame that the Xbox black levels are completely broken, but that's another story and I will have to get a dedicated player. What's the best player? I've read recommendations on some Phillips, Panasonic and LG. Oppo is too much cash for me.

So to summerize is there a way to set the linker up so that for BD the projector sees 1080p, Rec. 709, 8-bit but for UHD BD it get's 3840x2160 10-bit 4:2:2 HDR 24Hz or for 4k60Hz(or anything above 30Hz) HDR I get 1920x1080 4:4:4 10b HDR 60Hz?
Just for clarity/confirmation, please confirm HDMI cable length between each equipment.

The issues you mention with the color or 24Hz playback (in red), could be related to FW0.19, do you have that particular issue with 0.19a or 0.20 ?
You said, newer fw bring other issue, please do the test below and let us know if you still have issue with 0.19a or 0.20 by following below procedure:

- Flash latest firmware
- Determine if you are connected WIRELESS or WIRED to the PJ
- IF WIRELESS : HOLD RST and PRESS INP 2 times
- IF WIRED: HOLD RST and PRESS INP 3 times

> If you can get newer firmware working with the above, then simply go in GUI and change 4K60 preset to 1080p and it should behave as you wish.

Last edited by HDfury; 04-23-2017 at 09:22 AM.
post #1437 of 1862 Old 04-23-2017, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by jqmn
Yes i recall now, thanx, if you cannot find link to initial post, can you confirm it happens in all EDID modes (FIXED/CUSTOM/SINK) or if only one one of them ?

Sorry, I use a custom EDID so all the settings unique to my Sony that are beneficial (latency, some 3d stuff) are picked up. If I have time I will try a few others but for now all I know and what the problem has always been is CEC works with Linker out and not in. What I can tell you is that the Linker settings I use are for stripping HDR off of UHD discs and following on color space and bits at 4:2:2. I don't have any of the other problems these other guys mention, only CEC.
post #1438 of 1862 Old 04-23-2017, 05:48 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 474 Post(s)
Liked: 79
@HDfury : does HDFury sell refurbished Linkers at a discount through your website store?
post #1439 of 1862 Old 04-24-2017, 05:57 AM

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I have been using integral to choose edid 8 etc. Now if i purchase yhe linker to enable the jvc DI, do i stil need to insert the integral or i am good to go with just the linker?

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
post #1440 of 1862 Old 04-24-2017, 08:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwn1 View Post
I have been using integral to choose edid 8 etc. Now if i purchase yhe linker to enable the jvc DI, do i stil need to insert the integral or i am good to go with just the linker?
You don't need the Integral in combination with the Linker unless you were using both Integral HDMI outputs. The Linker has only one HDMI output.

CJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page