HDfury AVR-Key Help - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #31 of 59 Old 09-30-2017, 02:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Confirming that avr-key is working perfectly for me using 2016 LG OLED TV, NVIDIA shield, and Yamaha 5600 soundbar. Now getting HDR! Was plug and play, working first time with no issues. Fantastic work, super happy camper here 😀
HDfury and SoundEcho like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 59 Old 09-30-2017, 05:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 229 Post(s)
Quoted: 1766 Post(s)
Liked: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick98761 View Post
Is anyone using this for an AppleTV 4k? Currently I’m having to ARC audio back to my AVR since it cannot passthrough Dolby Vision video. If I understand correctly this is exactly what I need in order to get full quality audio while keeping Dolby Vision. Would it introduce any lip sync issues or are those handled somehow. What is the best way if I want to run my HTPC through this as well. It can output Dolby Vision as well I believe.
We just received our Apple TV 4K today, and put chromecast ultra on order.
We will confirm Apple TV 4K results shortly.

For multiple sources:

ALL SOURCES > CHEAP SWITCHER > AVRKEY > AVR/TV

The most important in 600MHz/18Gbps setup is still and always your HDMI cable. IF you don't have 600MHz tested cable (and not some cable with a certification mark on it), then please get ours or from bluejeanscable special series for 600MHz
post #33 of 59 Old 10-03-2017, 02:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

AVR-Key review by customer

Courtesy of a customer who could not get INTEGRAL/LINKER combo to work (his issue was/is actually cable issue), we sent him AVR-Key, and here is what he have to say about it.

IMPORTANT: Due to recent discoveries, we are working on a new way to handle Dolby Vision, in the meantime please use AUTOMIX/SINK mode for DV support.
Do not use DV forced flags on Integral, it cannot work with all DV equipment, simply use automix with max video algo and you will be fine until we push new updates out.

post #34 of 59 Old 10-03-2017, 02:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

AVR-Key Test Update with HTPC mode.

Some users reported issue resuming after sleep mode from HTPC, so we added same HTPC mode as we did in the past for Integral.

Here is test file, once confirmed, it will be listed as official download.

http://www.hdfury.com/tools/4K_AVR-K...218_GUI1.2.zip

You can active HTPC mode with the combo: HOLD RST + press OPT 1time. (will be added to usermanual once public)

IMPORTANT: Due to recent discoveries, we are working on a new way to handle Dolby Vision, in the meantime please use AUTOMIX/SINK mode for DV support.
Do not use DV forced flags on Integral, it cannot work with all DV equipment, simply use automix with max video algo and you will be fine until we push new updates out.
post #35 of 59 Old 10-07-2017, 08:15 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Just to sum up. No video just audio to a 1.4 receiver . Is this correct ?
post #36 of 59 Old 10-07-2017, 08:22 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 558 Post(s)
Liked: 223
This is a carry-over from my discussion on my issues trying to get AVR-key to pass audio via HDBT on my blackbird monoprice 4x3 matrix switch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
The AVR AUDIO (the audio stream extracted and forward via 720 or 1080p is BLACK VIDEO) so when you have BLACK VIDEO and no sound, more likely you have BLACK VIDEO and AUDIO and the AVR cannot decode it.
The post you made is interesting, lot of good infos but we need to be more accurate on the signal sent (this is easy to verify from shield menu) and the content played.
Please confirm if your tests were done with SHIELD main interface or playing content like Netflix, etc...

Also depending on your HDBT edid settings, it might copy output edid and present it to source in SINK mode, so the EDID mode in use on your HDBT device is important to know for each test too.
AVRkey video slide have TOP/BOT or LEFT/RIGHT position are 600MHz EDID, so of course this cannot work for your HDBT, unless you first go in shield settings and lower the resolution.
so the only real EDID position you can use is the middle one to forward video to your HDBT, but since it's not the goal, no need to elaborate much further (the test of sending 1080p through AVRKEY video out to the HDBT is still interesting).

Have you made test with AUDIO SLIDE on Stereo ?
Did you try to copy the AVR edid on the HDBT and use AUDIO SLIDE on middle position ?

PS: if you want to try some EDID on your HDBT, you can download our EDID collection from our website, for ex, on Integral product page > download section, you will find a link to it.

PS2: would be nice to move the discussion on AVRkey thread, as it might confuse readers here.
My goal is to run my shield at the highest video quality possible, which is 4K60Hz 4:2:0 10-bit rec-2020. So that is the setting I use when connecting the AVR-key video directly to my TV (my shield automatically runs at this resolution when connected directly to my TV). Via HDBT, the shield will only output what the TV is capable of producing. Via HDBT, it's going to be limited by whatever I set the EDID to. I think I had it set to 4K60Hz 4:2:0 8-bit during my testing. I suppose I can try again by limiting it to 1080p. But like you mentioned, that's not my intention, so even if it works it won't achieve my end goal.

Yes, I tested with the audio at stereo. Still no luck. Not sure if I tried with the audio slide in the middle position with the copied EDID via HDBT. I can try that next.

I will look at your website and see if I can apply a manual EDID and see if that helps. That would certainly be something I haven't yet tried and I'd like to see if it helps, since something tells me the issue is with the custom EDID. Like I also mentioned, I have another HDBT balun coming tomorrow from amazon that has no custom EDID settings, so I can also let you know how that goes. I'd really prefer to have it all working with my existing switch though... and I'm the type that thinks if there's a will there's a way... I'll keep on troubleshooting and hope for the best.

IMO this could be a selling point for the AVR key if we get it working. Distributed video is becoming increasingly common in newer homes, and unfortunately HDBT technology has not caught up with HDMI bandwidth capabilities. A splitter allows people like me with distributed video arrangements to not compromise on video or audio quality... until HDBT technology eventually catches up with the latest HDMI standards.
post #37 of 59 Old 10-08-2017, 05:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermike67 View Post
Just to sum up. No video just audio to a 1.4 receiver . Is this correct ?
Yes, correct.

post #38 of 59 Old 10-08-2017, 05:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisma View Post
This is a carry-over from my discussion on my issues trying to get AVR-key to pass audio via HDBT on my blackbird monoprice 4x3 matrix switch.

My goal is to run my shield at the highest video quality possible, which is 4K60Hz 4:2:0 10-bit rec-2020. So that is the setting I use when connecting the AVR-key video directly to my TV (my shield automatically runs at this resolution when connected directly to my TV). Via HDBT, the shield will only output what the TV is capable of producing. Via HDBT, it's going to be limited by whatever I set the EDID to. I think I had it set to 4K60Hz 4:2:0 8-bit during my testing. I suppose I can try again by limiting it to 1080p. But like you mentioned, that's not my intention, so even if it works it won't achieve my end goal.

Yes, I tested with the audio at stereo. Still no luck. Not sure if I tried with the audio slide in the middle position with the copied EDID via HDBT. I can try that next.

I will look at your website and see if I can apply a manual EDID and see if that helps. That would certainly be something I haven't yet tried and I'd like to see if it helps, since something tells me the issue is with the custom EDID. Like I also mentioned, I have another HDBT balun coming tomorrow from amazon that has no custom EDID settings, so I can also let you know how that goes. I'd really prefer to have it all working with my existing switch though... and I'm the type that thinks if there's a will there's a way... I'll keep on troubleshooting and hope for the best.

IMO this could be a selling point for the AVR key if we get it working. Distributed video is becoming increasingly common in newer homes, and unfortunately HDBT technology has not caught up with HDMI bandwidth capabilities. A splitter allows people like me with distributed video arrangements to not compromise on video or audio quality... until HDBT technology eventually catches up with the latest HDMI standards.
Looking at your HDBT matrix manual, there is option to turn on/off audio for each input, i suppose you have all set to yes correct ?

From your previous post, where you wrote: "shield TV with AVR key - video straight to TV (SEK3500u), audio to AVR via HDBT = video and no sound" > if this results means you have the black screen video on the AVR, then in my opinion, either the audio is lost in transit or the audio is there but not supported by AVR. So for this particular case we would like more info, you said the video signal from source was 4K60 4:2:0 10b, but what was the audio format sent at that time ?
I would suggest to reproduce this setup, control the video/audio from shield settings to make sure it's something supported by AVR, then try to change AVR key output from 720p to 1080p, see if it makes any difference.
Ultimately copy AVR EDID to MATRIX and use middle position for audio slide on AVR key is most interesting test (still try to check and report about audio format set in shield settings)
Also, you can try taking AVR-Key GUI picture for each test as sound format is reported on it.

post #39 of 59 Old 10-09-2017, 04:53 AM
Advanced Member

Well I went out and bought another HDBT tx/rx from amazon, and it didn't get any sound either. In an earlier you post you claimed that the AVR key should work with any HDBT solution -

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDFury
Yes, you can return it within 30 days, but our product is working, so may be if it doesn't work for you, you can also consider using any others HDBT, because on the paper, this should work just fine with any HDBT, no problem at all.
Well for me, I am 0/2. I tried 2 different HDBT solutions with the AVR Key, and neither give me any sound output. I spent hours troubleshooting with my monoprice matrix switch and no combination I could find works. The new HDBT solution I bought doesn't really have any way to be configured... it's a simple converter with no settings to modify, and it doesn't work either. So either I have very bad luck, or the claim that the AVR Key has been tested with numerous HDBT devices and confirmed working is not true. I asked a simple question if I could be provided with the model number of a HDBT device that is available via retail that I could buy right now that is confirmed to work with AVR Key, and now I've gotten no response.

I no longer feel like doing R&D for the device. I think you need to retract your claim that AVR Key should work no problem at all with HDBT, as that is the claim that got me to buy your device, and it has been proven false. Unless I can be convinced that HDFury is working to resolve this issue, I am going to return the device, and I will have to leave a negative review on the product, as I've wasted a fair bit of time and money and gotten nowhere. Sorry for the frank response, but I am absolutely frustrated, and the radio silence from HDFury after I reported that a second HDBT device is not able to send audio is what drove me to make this post.
post #40 of 59 Old 10-09-2017, 05:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Well I went out and bought another HDBT tx/rx from amazon, and it didn't get any sound either. In an earlier you post you claimed that the AVR key should work with any HDBT solution -

Well for me, I am 0/2. I tried 2 different HDBT solutions with the AVR Key, and neither give me any sound output. I spent hours troubleshooting with my monoprice matrix switch and no combination I could find works. The new HDBT solution I bought doesn't really have any way to be configured... it's a simple converter with no settings to modify, and it doesn't work either. So either I have very bad luck, or the claim that the AVR Key has been tested with numerous HDBT devices and confirmed working is not true. I asked a simple question if I could be provided with the model number of a HDBT device that is available via retail that I could buy right now that is confirmed to work with AVR Key, and now I've gotten no response.

I no longer feel like doing R&D for the device. I think you need to retract your claim that AVR Key should work no problem at all with HDBT, as that is the claim that got me to buy your device, and it has been proven false. Unless I can be convinced that HDFury is working to resolve this issue, I am going to return the device, and I will have to leave a negative review on the product, as I've wasted a fair bit of time and money and gotten nowhere. Sorry for the frank response, but I am absolutely frustrated, and the radio silence from HDFury after I reported that a second HDBT device is not able to send audio is what drove me to make this post.
Because we did not reply on a sunday out of so many others ? seriously ... what kind of support are you getting from your MATRIX HDBT or than new HDBT company ? if any at all.

Anyway, please make a decision, whether or not you are willing to get this working or not, because if you are decided to get it working and ready for concrete test and report, we will purchase this device you mentioned and ensure AVRkey works for it.

Now if you want to go further please confirm the following:

SHIELD (what resolution, what sound format set ?) > AVRKEY > UHD/HDR TO TV and AUDIO TO > TX > CAT CABLE > RX > AVR
Set AVRkey AUDIO slide to stereo and repower/reboot every device in the chain before trying out, make sure Nvidia shield is set as stereo (it should automatically set itself at stereo after reboot, confirm this point too)
If you don't get stereo to your AVR with the above, we will buy same device. please report back on this and your motivation.

List of HDBT we tested: atlona AT-HDVS-TX, gefen GTB-HDBT-POL-BLK, avconnect ac-ex70-uhd

Last edited by HDfury; 10-09-2017 at 05:43 AM.
post #41 of 59 Old 10-09-2017, 01:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Because we did not reply on a sunday out of so many others ? seriously ... what kind of support are you getting from your MATRIX HDBT or than new HDBT company ? if any at all.

Anyway, please make a decision, whether or not you are willing to get this working or not, because if you are decided to get it working and ready for concrete test and report, we will purchase this device you mentioned and ensure AVRkey works for it.

Now if you want to go further please confirm the following:

SHIELD (what resolution, what sound format set ?) > AVRKEY > UHD/HDR TO TV and AUDIO TO > TX > CAT CABLE > RX > AVR
Set AVRkey AUDIO slide to stereo and repower/reboot every device in the chain before trying out, make sure Nvidia shield is set as stereo (it should automatically set itself at stereo after reboot, confirm this point too)
If you don't get stereo to your AVR with the above, we will buy same device. please report back on this and your motivation.

List of HDBT we tested: atlona AT-HDVS-TX, gefen GTB-HDBT-POL-BLK, avconnect ac-ex70-uhd
Wow, I can't believe it. It's all working now. I sincerely apologize for for my lashing out,as my problems have been a result of USER ERROR. When you asked me to confirm my signal chain, it dawned on me... my transmitter needs to be coming from my source, and since I moved my Source, the shield TV, from my receiver to my TV, I need to also move my transmitter, which was impossible to do with the monoprice matrix switch (the transmitter is built into the switch qitself), but I was able to do with my standalone qtx/rx hdbt solution I bought on Amazon. As soon as I swapped the location of the transmitter and receiver, I got sound! So the key here is that for a splitter to work on the TV side, you need to have separate tx/rx units, and the transmitter MUST be connected on the splitter end.

Thank you very much for putting up with me, and for leading me to the answer I needed. I can't use my matrix switch unfortunately, but I can accept that at this point since I have a working solution.

Hope you can forgive me lol. I'll be sure to leave a positive review for your device and give it the seal of approval for hdbt.
post #42 of 59 Old 10-09-2017, 04:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Wow, I can't believe it. It's all working now. I sincerely apologize for for my lashing out,as my problems have been a result of USER ERROR. When you asked me to confirm my signal chain, it dawned on me... my transmitter needs to be coming from my source, and since I moved my Source, the shield TV, from my receiver to my TV, I need to also move my transmitter, which was impossible to do with the monoprice matrix switch (the transmitter is built into the switch qitself), but I was able to do with my standalone qtx/rx hdbt solution I bought on Amazon. As soon as I swapped the location of the transmitter and receiver, I got sound! So the key here is that for a splitter to work on the TV side, you need to have separate tx/rx units, and the transmitter MUST be connected on the splitter end.

Thank you very much for putting up with me, and for leading me to the answer I needed. I can't use my matrix switch unfortunately, but I can accept that at this point since I have a working solution.

Hope you can forgive me lol. I'll be sure to leave a positive review for your device and give it the seal of approval for hdbt.
No problem, you are welcome.
Feel free to ask anything anytime.

post #43 of 59 Old 10-10-2017, 10:25 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I bought the AVRKey and it works flawlessly:

Chromecast Ultra with Vudu UHD
- Dolby Vision to LG B6
- Atmos to Denon x6200W

The x6200w will get the DV update sometime in 2018, but I rather use AVRKey as shortcut.

Two questions:

- Sometimes AVRKey is sending stereo instead of Atmos / Multi-channel audio. I need to reboot it for it to switch to multi-channel. Any idea why?
- What is the power consumption of AVRKey? Since Chromecast never turns off, it's always active.

Thanks
post #44 of 59 Old 10-10-2017, 10:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karloy View Post
I bought the AVRKey and it works flawlessly:

Chromecast Ultra with Vudu UHD
- Dolby Vision to LG B6
- Atmos to Denon x6200W

The x6200w will get the DV update sometime in 2018, but I rather use AVRKey as shortcut.

Two questions:

- Sometimes AVRKey is sending stereo instead of Atmos / Multi-channel audio. I need to reboot it for it to switch to multi-channel. Any idea why?
- What is the power consumption of AVRKey? Since Chromecast never turns off, it's always active.

Thanks
Hello,

Can you please confirm the length of HDMI cable in your setup and settings you are using on the unit.
If you are using Middle position for audio slide, please try on full audio and see if it helps your issue.
See if you find a way to always reproduce the issue if possible, that would greatly help fixing it.

AVR-Key needs 3.5W max for the highest 600MHz/18Gbps signal, running lower signal will require less power. with nothing connected to the input, consumption is reduced to 1W.
Overall, it will never require more than 5V1A when in use.

post #45 of 59 Old 10-11-2017, 12:32 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question PS4 Pro + RX-V773 + AVR-key

Hi, so I thought i understood what it said here on https://hdfury.com/product/avr-key/

That it will take 4k audio/video, split it, downscale audio (output 1) to older amp (RX-V773) then send the original video (output 2) to 4k TV (Samsung KS8005)

but after reading all these different answers am now confused. So just want to be 100% sure before I buy this.

I bought a PS4 Pro today, my old Yamaha RX-V773 can't handle 4k @60 nor HDR but getting a new one that supports it is a waste of money atm so, Did I get it right.

CORRECT?
PS4 Pro 4k HDR>AVR-key>AVR-key OUTPUT 1>HDMI audio stream>RX-V773
....................................>AVR-key OUTPUT 2>Pass-thru video>KS8005

Or do I have it all wrong?

Unrelated of sorts is this question. I just saw the video above about the AVR-key it seems to be what I want. So that got me wondering, why would anyone need the Vortex that's coming out the 1 Nov?

Last edited by SoundEcho; 10-11-2017 at 01:08 PM. Reason: 1337
post #46 of 59 Old 10-11-2017, 01:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 283
Is there any plan to setup US distribution channels for this product? Im very interested but $23 for shipping on this little thing is ridiculous!
post #47 of 59 Old 10-11-2017, 11:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundEcho View Post
Hi, so I thought i understood what it said here on https://hdfury.com/product/avr-key/

That it will take 4k audio/video, split it, downscale audio (output 1) to older amp (RX-V773) then send the original video (output 2) to 4k TV (Samsung KS8005)

but after reading all these different answers am now confused. So just want to be 100% sure before I buy this.

I bought a PS4 Pro today, my old Yamaha RX-V773 can't handle 4k @60 nor HDR but getting a new one that supports it is a waste of money atm so, Did I get it right.

CORRECT?

Unrelated of sorts is this question. I just saw the video above about the AVR-key it seems to be what I want. So that got me wondering, why would anyone need the Vortex that's coming out the 1 Nov?
Yes, AVRkey will work just fine for you, Vertex is if you want more than just extracted full hdmi sound. For example, if you want to run UHD and FHD display Video+Audio at the same time from the same source input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearsco View Post
Is there any plan to setup US distribution channels for this product? Im very interested but $23 for shipping on this little thing is ridiculous!
Try monoprice, bhphoto, markertek, etc...
They should have it soon.

post #48 of 59 Old 10-13-2017, 05:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just want to check if there is anything I am doing wrong as my newly purchased AVR-Key is not working as I thought it would.

My setup is as follow:
Source: Apple 4K (4K/60), Oppo 103D (4K/60), X1(1080p/60), Roku Stick(1080p/60)
Display: JVC RS4910 (accepts 4K/60)
AVR: Denon 4311 (accepts 1080p/60)
HDMI Switch: Expert Connect 5x1 (4K/60)
Cables: Various brands all rated 4K 18Gbps/600Mhz
Chain:
Various Source -> Switch -> AVR-Key -> AVR & Display

Initially, everything works as expected but the moment I switch between a 4K and non-4K source, I lose the sound from the AVR even if I switch back to source that was working. I tried all the different audio switch combination, the reset button (SP), and Cycle 1.4 (LP), non works. If I unplug the AVR-Key and replug, the sound comes back regardless of the source the switcher is on.

Any idea what could be the problem?

Last edited by jaller; 10-13-2017 at 05:38 PM.
post #49 of 59 Old 10-14-2017, 04:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaller View Post
I just want to check if there is anything I am doing wrong as my newly purchased AVR-Key is not working as I thought it would.

My setup is as follow:
Source: Apple 4K (4K/60), Oppo 103D (4K/60), X1(1080p/60), Roku Stick(1080p/60)
Display: JVC RS4910 (accepts 4K/60)
AVR: Denon 4311 (accepts 1080p/60)
HDMI Switch: Expert Connect 5x1 (4K/60)
Cables: Various brands all rated 4K 18Gbps/600Mhz
Chain:
Various Source -> Switch -> AVR-Key -> AVR & Display

Initially, everything works as expected but the moment I switch between a 4K and non-4K source, I lose the sound from the AVR even if I switch back to source that was working. I tried all the different audio switch combination, the reset button (SP), and Cycle 1.4 (LP), non works. If I unplug the AVR-Key and replug, the sound comes back regardless of the source the switcher is on.

Any idea what could be the problem?

I suppose the issue only happens when the "expert connect" switch is in the chain right ?
If yes, try to HOLD RST and press OPT 2 times when unit is powered, and test it again, if it doesn't help, revert back by redoing same operation.
In all cases, the issue seems to be the switch, for ex, put Integral in front of AVRkey and you can switch between 4K or non4K sources at will.

post #50 of 59 Old 10-14-2017, 09:53 AM

Sound Loss of Resolution Change

Quote:
I suppose the issue only happens when the "expert connect" switch is in the chain right ?
If yes, try to HOLD RST and press OPT 2 times when unit is powered, and test it again, if it doesn't help, revert back by redoing same operation.
In all cases, the issue seems to be the switch, for ex, put Integral in front of AVRkey and you can switch between 4K or non4K sources at will.
Hi

I have a similar issue with the equipment below:

PC
Shield TV
PS4
Ligawo HDR 4K60 HDCP2.x 5x1 Switch
Integral 4K
AVR Key
Yamaha YSP2200
LG 4K OLED

When using PC and a game goes full screen (no effective resolution change) I loose sound or sound & picture (variable). This sound loss is permanent until power cycle of AVR Key. Prior to putting the AVR Key into the chain I did not have this problem (although I was using non HDR 4k or 1080p signals to ensure I could have audio through the Yamaha sound bar). If I take the AVR Key & Yamaha out of the chain I can switch resolutions / go full screen in games with HDR signals with no issues.

I have tried putting the AVR Key before and after the Integral with no change in behavior.

Any Suggestions / Ideas .

Many Thanks
post #51 of 59 Old 10-14-2017, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Yes. I think the issue is with the switch in the chain.

I tried the RST+OPT(2x) but did not help.

I narrow it more by removing the display connection out of AVR-Key output and with only two 1080p source Xfinity X1 and the Roku stick. After about 2-4 times switch between the source, the issue happens. Rebooting the switch does not recover. Rebooting the source and/or the AVR does not recover. Rebooting the AVR-Key recovers the issue.

I also tried removing the AVR-Key out of the chain just to probe my switch is fine. I can switch between the 2 source multiple times with minimal lag without the issue.
post #52 of 59 Old 10-15-2017, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minty Trebor View Post
Hi

I have a similar issue with the equipment below:

PC
Shield TV
PS4
Ligawo HDR 4K60 HDCP2.x 5x1 Switch
Integral 4K
AVR Key
Yamaha YSP2200
LG 4K OLED

When using PC and a game goes full screen (no effective resolution change) I loose sound or sound & picture (variable). This sound loss is permanent until power cycle of AVR Key. Prior to putting the AVR Key into the chain I did not have this problem (although I was using non HDR 4k or 1080p signals to ensure I could have audio through the Yamaha sound bar). If I take the AVR Key & Yamaha out of the chain I can switch resolutions / go full screen in games with HDR signals with no issues.

I have tried putting the AVR Key before and after the Integral with no change in behavior.

Any Suggestions / Ideas .

Many Thanks

Just to add some further info:

The issue also appears when the Shield TV running Kodi switches refresh rates on starting movies or tv shows.
After further use, I can confirm the same inconsistency that jaller reported. The issue does not always manifest every time.
post #53 of 59 Old Yesterday, 09:23 AM

AVR-Key issue with HDMI switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaller View Post
Yes. I think the issue is with the switch in the chain.

I tried the RST+OPT(2x) but did not help.

I narrow it more by removing the display connection out of AVR-Key output and with only two 1080p source Xfinity X1 and the Roku stick. After about 2-4 times switch between the source, the issue happens. Rebooting the switch does not recover. Rebooting the source and/or the AVR does not recover. Rebooting the AVR-Key recovers the issue.

I also tried removing the AVR-Key out of the chain just to probe my switch is fine. I can switch between the 2 source multiple times with minimal lag without the issue.
@HDfury : Any update or other suggestion? It is really annoying having to reboot (plug-unplug) the AVR-Key every time I switch between source.
post #54 of 59 Old Yesterday, 10:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

We are currently working on another issue related to short dropout when playback of DD+ sound format, once we are done with it there will be an update, if that update doesn't help your case, we will then try to reproduce and fix it.

post #55 of 59 Old Yesterday, 10:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minty Trebor View Post
Just to add some further info:

The issue also appears when the Shield TV running Kodi switches refresh rates on starting movies or tv shows.
After further use, I can confirm the same inconsistency that jaller reported. The issue does not always manifest every time.
What is the purpose of Integral in your chain ? Did you try the Hold RST and press OPT 2 times ?

post #56 of 59 Old Yesterday, 11:26 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Samsung HWK-950?

anyone use this with the samsung HWK-950 bar.

I am running windows 10 with Nvidia GTX 1060. I want to split the signal so i can pass the HDR video signal directly to my TV and the sound (ATMOS) to my bar. The bar is ATMOS capable. the samsung HWK-950 doesnot support HDR passthrough so right now i have to choose between HDR or ATMOS.
post #57 of 59 Old Yesterday, 12:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by terpsarlington View Post
anyone use this with the samsung HWK-950 bar.

I am running windows 10 with Nvidia GTX 1060. I want to split the signal so i can pass the HDR video signal directly to my TV and the sound (ATMOS) to my bar. The bar is ATMOS capable. the samsung HWK-950 doesnot support HDR passthrough so right now i have to choose between HDR or ATMOS.
I have the k950 it passed hdr but not dv. I used it with a couple of uhd bd players and roku4 passed hdr with atmos samsung refuses to support Dolby Vision. Right now im using the avrkey with an atv4k. Video directly into tv audio into switcher I like your question of putting my switcher between tv and bar. Just as everything is working well as is dont want to mess with it. But loving the avrkey do get a couple of audio drops now and then but great little device
post #58 of 59 Old Yesterday, 12:11 PM

Quote:
What is the purpose of Integral in your chain ? Did you try the Hold RST and press OPT 2 times ?
I use the Integral to extract audio over toslink/optical. I have a set of headphones which only support optical bitstream/compressed audio, so I run 2 audio configs across my equipment which I switch when needed. In normal operations I leave the HDMI audio at native uncompressed into my soundbar. (I keep a layout diagram updated which I have attached below for ease of reference.)

Yes I did try the Hold RST + OPT x2 . There was no appreciable difference.. Is the setting retained on power cycle?

I also tried using the AVRKey only connected to the soundbar, and using both hdmi outputs of the integral (Top HDMI to TV, Bottom to AVRKey Input), but the AVRKey does not operate unless the HDR output is connected to a display/endpoint.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Home Theatre 4k-5.pdf (214.2 KB, 7 views)
post #59 of 59 Old Today, 07:13 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Unhappy AVR-Key audio cutoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundEcho View Post

CORRECT?

Quote:
Yes, AVRkey will work just fine for you, Vertex is if you want more than just extracted full hdmi sound. For example, if you want to run UHD and FHD display Video+Audio at the same time from the same source input.
So I got my AVRKey today. At first it would not work. I had to turn off the PS4 Pro. Turn it back on and Turn off the Receiver and press some buttons. Hard to say what did what due

Anyhow, when I got it working I have now experienced audio cuts outs 3 times! all about 0.10 seconds or so, still very annoying. I have upgraded to latest firmware that came with the GUI download etc. I have all settings on Max as far as I can tell.

Any ideas?

Last edited by SoundEcho; Today at 07:17 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page