HDFURY Linker owners thread - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 33Likes

post #61 of 233 Old 08-06-2017, 01:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1071 Post(s)
Liked: 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_B_0673 View Post
With the OPPO do you send 1 HDMI to the AVR and the other to the Linker and then to the PJ?
and I am not sure of this "Sink" setting spoken about
dan
No, my Denon AVR is HDCP 2.2 so I run a single HDMI cable from the Oppo through the Linker and then the AVR.

In sonichart's first screen shot attachment, "Sink EDID" is the first radio button on the EDID Manager tab of the Linker GUI. It uses the EDID that is read from the attached display or AVR. Most Linker users select the Custom Select radio button and choose either EDID 2 or EDID 8 from the drop down list for HDR; EDID 10 for SDR BT.2020.
sonichart likes this.

CJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 233 Old 08-06-2017, 02:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
No, my Denon AVR is HDCP 2.2 so I run a single HDMI cable from the Oppo through the Linker and then the AVR.

In sonichart's first screen shot attachment, "Sink EDID" is the first radio button on the EDID Manager tab of the Linker GUI. It uses the EDID that is read from the attached display or AVR. Most Linker users select the Custom Select radio button and choose either EDID 2 or EDID 8 from the drop down list for HDR; EDID 10 for SDR BT.2020.
Ok, do you have to change the EDID setting ( and how do you access the interface) if you are playing a 1080p bluray instead of a 4k disk.
I would have 1 HDMI cable out of the OPPO for instance going to Linker/Vertex then to PJ
The second HDMI out would go to AVR for audio.

dan

Dan

Last edited by D_B_0673; 08-06-2017 at 03:32 PM.
post #63 of 233 Old 08-06-2017, 03:09 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 577 Post(s)
Liked: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
I think using SINK for EDID in your system can be the reason of the cold start issue, because Linker have to retrieve EDID through celerity which have powered leads right ?
You might want to try Custom instead of SINK, see if behavior is different.
Quote:
And I would agree with HDFury that using a custom EDID with full audio might resolve the issue for you. If the Sink EDID selection sees the JVC EDID rather than the AVR EDID you might not get audio. When I restarted the AVR, my Linker in front of the AVR might reread the AVR EDID which includes full audio.
I guess I need to flip it to EDID 2. Ooops

JVC RS600 ¤ 130" Wide Seymour XD 2.35:1
HTPC GTX1080 (MadVr) ¤ Zidoo X8 ¤ Panny UB-900 ¤ HDFury Linker
Denon x4200 ¤ Onkyo M5010 ¤ iNuke 3000 ¤ 7.2.2

post #64 of 233 Old 08-06-2017, 06:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Ok, do you have to change the EDID setting ( and how do you access the interface) if you are playing a 1080p bluray instead of a 4k disk.
I would have 1 HDMI cable out of the OPPO for instance going to Linker/Vertex then to PJ
The second HDMI out would go to AVR for audio.

dan
The EDID specifies the maximum resolution supported. So the same custom EDID you use for 4K UHD HDR discs can also be used for 1080p Blu Rays.

CJ
post #65 of 233 Old 08-06-2017, 07:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I have the epson 5040ub and the Phillips 4k player. Will the hdfury linker strip hdr while still keeping Rec2020? I read somewhere that this only worked with the Panasonic 4k player. I wanted to make sure it worked with the Phillips player before dropping the $200 on the linker. If it does work, has anyone tried this and did it look good?
post #66 of 233 Old 08-06-2017, 10:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2sb View Post
I have the epson 5040ub and the Phillips 4k player. Will the hdfury linker strip hdr while still keeping Rec2020? I read somewhere that this only worked with the Panasonic 4k player. I wanted to make sure it worked with the Phillips player before dropping the $200 on the linker. If it does work, has anyone tried this and did it look good?
Not many Philips player owners posting. So I don't think it has been confirmed whether or not the Philips player can convert HDR to SDR 2020.

The Linker can get the Panasonic and Samsung players to convert HDR to SDR 2020. It does not work with the XBox One S or the Oppo 203; they will both convert to REC709.

CJ
post #67 of 233 Old 08-07-2017, 03:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The Linker can get the Panasonic and Samsung players to convert HDR to SDR 2020. It does not work with the XBox One S or the Oppo 203; they will both convert to REC709.
Good to know, as I was planning on getting the OPPO, but why would it not work,
dan

Dan
post #68 of 233 Old 08-07-2017, 05:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Good to know, as I was planning on getting the OPPO, but why would it not work,
dan
The Oppo has its own option to convert HDR to SDR BT.2020. The option is named "Strip Metadata".

But if you use the Linker, the Oppo converts to REC709.

CJ
post #69 of 233 Old 08-07-2017, 05:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 229 Post(s)
Quoted: 1766 Post(s)
Liked: 351
Quote:
Using the Panny UB 900 or Oppo player, with a JVC 620
With 4K content, I strip the meta data with the linker, which gives a HDR to SDR conversion but keeping the wide color gamut, is that correct?
If I have a 1080p blu ray and I let the player upconvert to 4K, what happens?
Does it output REC709, which would be correct?
If I play a 1080P BluRay at 1080p does that pass thru the linker without any issues?
Do I need to change some setting in the Linker depending on what type of disk I play?

How will the Vertex operate with the same questions as above, as I would probably go for the vertex.
Thanks
dan
Hi Dan,

To be exact (because many are doing the same semantic mistake here)

If you strip HDR metadata > you got HDR/BT2020 from your source and your display doesn't go into HDR mode since metadata is stripped. (this is DISABLE HDR feature used by some JVC PJ owners)
Metadata travels by info frame along with the main video signal.

So to get SDR/BT2020, you do not strip any metadata (since the source is not sending HDR, therefor it's not sending any metadata for it), in fact, instead of presenting a BT2020/HDR EDID, you simply present a BT2020/SDR EDID (an EDID without HDR datablock)

So eventually you could call this feature STRIP HDR DATABLOCK from EDID.

Now to answer your questions (which i believe we answered by email already):

- Yes some UHD BR player will give you SDR/BT2020 from UHD disc using STRIP HDR DATABLOCK from EDID.
- If you upconvert 1080p to 4K for normal BR, then you got 4K REC709 unless player is set to output something else (the SDR/BT2020 edid settings won't affect anything here if that's the underlying question behind, as per, i think, claw mentioned it already)
- Yes it will output REC709 more likely as answered above.
- Yes BR at 1080p will passthru without any issue.
- No you should not need to change any settings in the Linker depending on what type of disk you play, you might however have to change some settings if you want to play the SAME disk once in HDR and once in SDR/BT2020

Above answers are equal for Vertex more likely, but Vertex have way more room for improvement (beta firmware being already far superior to anything we ever did) so it might change in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahadm View Post
Many of us wish to downscale from 4K streams to 'older' 1080p projectors.

Can the Linker downscale?

If so, what is the quick preset or EDID GUI configuration for a FW 0.23 Linker running as follows:

1. Amazon Fire TV version 2 (HDCP 2.2)
2. Epson 5030 UB (only 1080p at 10bit; no 4K; no HDCP 2.2)

The Linker quick presets 2 & 3 only work with newer Epson projectors that 'accept' 4K; right?

What's the correct configuration?

Please advise.
Yes Linker can downscale to 1080p, for this you just move SCALE slide switch to DOWNSCALE, hold RST and press INP 6 times. Usually you will want to do that with default custom edid so make sure EDID slide is on CUSTOM and that you have not changed the default CUSTOM EDID. (otherwise, change the custom EDID back to default or reflash firmware)
post #70 of 233 Old 08-07-2017, 05:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2sb View Post
As far as i recall the Philips player will work fine for the purpose, the thread that had the answer is not available anymore for double checking but i'm quite sure the philips was reacting right to SDR/BT2020 signaling.
Hope one owner of it will be able to confirm again for you.
post #71 of 233 Old 08-07-2017, 07:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

HDFury,
thanks for the answers. I was not aware that the JVC projectors had a disable HDR feature. I will post over in the appropriate forum for the info.
dan

Dan
post #72 of 233 Old 08-07-2017, 08:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
HDFury,
thanks for the answers. I was not aware that the JVC projectors had a disable HDR feature. I will post over in the appropriate forum for the info.
dan
The JVC projectors do not have a disable HDR feature. The Disable HDR checkbox in the Linker results in the Linker sending HDR without the HDR datablock as HDFury mentioned. When the JVC projector receives this HDR stream without the HDR datablock, the JVC does not disable the Dynamic Iris as it normally does when receiving HDR. This allows JVC owners to get the blacks the JVC projectors are known for when playing HDR content.

CJ
post #73 of 233 Old 08-07-2017, 10:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The JVC projectors do not have a disable HDR feature. The Disable HDR checkbox in the Linker results in the Linker sending HDR without the HDR datablock as HDFury mentioned. When the JVC projector receives this HDR stream without the HDR datablock, the JVC does not disable the Dynamic Iris as it normally does when receiving HDR. This allows JVC owners to get the blacks the JVC projectors are known for when playing HDR content.
HDR DATABLOCK IS IN EDID > SDR/BT2020 signaling for capable sources. (EDID2 vs EDID10)
HDR METADATA in infoframe > Disable HDR > HDR BT2020 without metadata from sources out of linker > JVC purpose.

Now why Oppo gave that confusing name to their osd option... that's another story...

Last edited by HDfury; 08-07-2017 at 10:46 AM.
post #74 of 233 Old 08-07-2017, 11:29 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaluza-k View Post
Just building my HT now and started purchasing equipment. I'm getting a little overwhelmed with all the new concepts and ideas. Could someone point me to a thread (or provide a simple answer) explaining why I might need the linker?

I've purchased a JVC RS500. I've been told to get a linker to do all sorts of things, but I'm not exactly certain what those things are (or why I might need it). Best I can tell from reading between the lines in old posts is that it helps automate certain functions. If anyone could shed some light on why I might need a linker and what it could do for me with my RS500, I'd be very appreciative.
@HDfury . Lil help.
post #75 of 233 Old 08-07-2017, 11:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 2048 Post(s)
Liked: 2293
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonichart View Post
We were planning to watch a movie today anyway, so I will update the FW before starting up the system and see if it fixes things.

Thank you.

edit: Screenshots of config window with updated FW.
Not to burst your bubble Phil but my Linker has been 100% solid for the past few months (since the D&M upgrade), but since you mentioned we have the "same" gear I think you're forgetting about one HUGE difference... the cable (mine is a 30ft non-powered Monoprice Silver high speed and yours is a long distance fiber w/ powered heads). I would more look toward that as your Red Herring.

HDfury likes this.

Kevin

You only live once, but if you live it right, once is enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

==> Our 4K/3D Immersive Theater
post #76 of 233 Old 08-07-2017, 03:08 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Yes Linker can downscale to 1080p, for this you just move SCALE slide switch to DOWNSCALE, hold RST and press INP 6 times. Usually you will want to do that with default custom edid so make sure EDID slide is on CUSTOM and that you have not changed the default CUSTOM EDID. (otherwise, change the custom EDID back to default or reflash firmware)
Some positive progress:
I reflashed firmware, restarted all devices and selected quick mode #6: Amazon Fire TV and Netflix are now showing UHD for some titles as an option.

1080p titles work fine; but 4K and UHD are NOT working at all. My Linker is NOT being able to downscale 4K (yet). See GUI screenshot below. What have I done wrong?

FWIW, my projector is an Epson 5030 UB.

post #77 of 233 Old 08-07-2017, 03:22 PM

Continued...

This is Linker working fine at 1080p input (no downscaling problems):

post #78 of 233 Old 08-07-2017, 04:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Some positive progress:
I reflashed firmware, restarted all devices and selected quick mode #6: Amazon Fire TV and Netflix are now showing UHD for some titles as an option.

1080p titles work fine; but 4K and UHD are NOT working at all. My Linker is NOT being able to downscale 4K (yet). See GUI screenshot below. What have I done wrong?

Perhaps try setting the output color space in the Linker scalar settings to RGB as a test? Your Linker screenshots seem to show that it is down scaling to 1080p. Does your Onkyo AVR report an input signal?

CJ
post #79 of 233 Old 08-08-2017, 09:10 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Try different 4K EDID from the drop-down. I found some combinations of EDID that result in no image when downscaling.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
post #80 of 233 Old 08-08-2017, 09:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaluza-k View Post
@HDfury . Lil help.

I think Manni gave you the right answer already or I missed something ?
I don't think I can advise JVC RS500/600 owners any way better than he could

So if you haven't done so yet, I suggest you go read the JVC thread about Custom Gamma and DI and see if you want to jump on their way of doing it.

Quote:
Some positive progress:

Ok First, I don't see any issue on the screenshots you sent, signal comes in and goes out apparently.

Both Claw and Bobof suggestions are correct, if PJ is not HDR capable, do not take HDR EDID from the list of custom EDID, etc... is one rule.
Trying to force output RGB, since when you got 1080p60 > 1080p60 working it appears to be in RGB can be interesting test.
You can also try to connect the Linker output when it's not working to your PJ, to another display, to see if it's displayed correctly on another display.

Said otherwise, you need to try a few things to isolate the issue.

Also one last suggestion, make sure your bandwidth is good for 4K streaming, you can for ex, try some local 4K content or preload 4K from youtube, see if issue is only from one source of content, or for any content including local not streamed one.
post #81 of 233 Old 08-10-2017, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Ok First, I don't see any issue on the screenshots you sent, signal comes in and goes out apparently.

Both Claw and Bobof suggestions are correct, if PJ is not HDR capable, do not take HDR EDID from the list of custom EDID, etc... is one rule.
Trying to force output RGB, since when you got 1080p60 > 1080p60 working it appears to be in RGB can be interesting test.
You can also try to connect the Linker output when it's not working to your PJ, to another display, to see if it's displayed correctly on another display.

Said otherwise, you need to try a few things to isolate the issue.

Also one last suggestion, make sure your bandwidth is good for 4K streaming, you can for ex, try some local 4K content or preload 4K from youtube, see if issue is only from one source of content, or for any content including local not streamed one.
Success: the Linker worked and is downscaling HDCP 2.2 content (Amazon UHD & Netflix 4K) to my Epson 5030 PJ (at 1080p 8-bit RGB).

The problem was solved when I removed the Onkyo 3030 receiver from the loop (albeit I lost DD+ 5.1 sound).

Thanks to Claw, Bobof and HDfury for their support.

IMHO, the Linker is the ideal product for displaying HDCP 2.2 content on legacy 4K devices that do NOT have HDCP 2.2 ports.

A solid product that protects legacy investments !!
post #82 of 233 Old 08-10-2017, 11:23 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Success: the Linker worked and is downscaling HDCP 2.2 content (Amazon UHD & Netflix 4K) to my Epson 5030 PJ (at 1080p 8-bit RGB).

The problem was solved when I removed the Onkyo 3030 receiver from the loop (albeit I lost DD+ 5.1 sound).

Thanks to Claw, Bobof and HDfury for their support.

IMHO, the Linker is the ideal product for displaying HDCP 2.2 content on legacy 4K devices that do NOT have HDCP 2.2 ports.

A solid product that protects legacy investments !!
Fahadm please give an update if you manage to get the Onkyo back in the loop to downscale UHD Netflix/Amazon with 5.1DD+, I have a similar setup and would really want to keep the 5.1DD+ sound from streaming sources
post #83 of 233 Old 08-10-2017, 12:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

From the Linker screen shots it appears you have the Linker placed after the Onkyo AVR. I would trying place it after the player you are using for Netflix and in front of the Onkyo. And I would select a custom EDID in the Linker that will let the player know that it supports 4K and is HDCP 2.2.

CJ
post #84 of 233 Old 08-12-2017, 12:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Not many Philips player owners posting. So I don't think it has been confirmed whether or not the Philips player can convert HDR to SDR 2020.

Does the Linker work with the Sony X800 to convert HDR to SDR 2020?
post #85 of 233 Old 08-14-2017, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendabryg View Post
Fahadm please give an update if you manage to get the Onkyo back in the loop to downscale UHD Netflix/Amazon with 5.1DD+, I have a similar setup and would really want to keep the 5.1DD+ sound from streaming sources
brendabryg: I opted to remove the Linker from the loop for the following reasons:

1. PQ: When comparing picture quality of native 1080p (8 bits) against downscaled 4K (also at 8 bits): the differences are negligible. Hence, I opted to remove Linker and keep native 1080p. If my PJ supported deep color (i.e. 10 bit colr), then I might have kept the Linker in the loop.

2. Handshaking delays: whenever the Fire TV changes resolution from 1080p to 4K, a new handshaking takes place causing PJ to "go blank" for around 5-10 seconds. A similar 5-10 second blank screen/handshake occurs when 4K content is interrupted (e.g. when you click Fire TV Home button for main menu). These handshake interruptions are somewhat frustrating.

3. Onkyo compatibility: I just couldn't get the Onkyo to work between the Linker and Epson 5030. I tried all possible EDIDs and configurations and got too tired to troubleshoot given (1) and (2) above.

Hence, final decision was to remove Linker and live with my PJ at 1080p for a few more years (PQ is astonishing after calibration).

I repeat: the Linker is an excellent product and does exactly what its supposed to do.

Quote:
From the Linker screen shots it appears you have the Linker placed after the Onkyo AVR. I would trying place it after the player you are using for Netflix and in front of the Onkyo. And I would select a custom EDID in the Linker that will let the player know that it supports 4K and is HDCP 2.2.
You are correct; there are three possible sequences:

a) Fire TV -> Linker -> Onkyo -> Epson (FAILED)
b) Fire TV -> Onkyo -> Linker -> Epson (DIDN'T ATTEMPT THIS)
c) Fire TV -> Linker -> Epson (SUCCEEDED) (Onkyo audio via SPIDF or other means)

Eventually, I decided to remove Linker from the loop for reasons explained above.

The Linker is an excellent product (but my 2-year old system is now obsolete !!).
post #86 of 233 Old 08-16-2017, 06:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 379 Post(s)
Liked: 94
A basic question. How can I use my PC to read the info on my linker? I installed the silabs driver v4 on my Windows 7 pc picking USBXpressinstaller_X64.exe (my computer would not accept the x86 driver)

Then i plugged in the linker and started up the Linker_GUI_0.20.exe and picked read EDID but nothing appeared on the top right are of the program.

How does one know their linker has successfully connected to their computer?

Any other basic detailed help is appreciated as I just got the linker and am trying to figure my way around it. I will be used with my JVC RS500 and soon to be purchased Panasonic UB400 UHD player.

Thanks,
Frank
post #87 of 233 Old 08-17-2017, 07:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank D View Post
A basic question. How can I use my PC to read the info on my linker? I installed the silabs driver v4 on my Windows 7 pc picking USBXpressinstaller_X64.exe (my computer would not accept the x86 driver)

Then i plugged in the linker and started up the Linker_GUI_0.20.exe and picked read EDID but nothing appeared on the top right are of the program.

How does one know their linker has successfully connected to their computer?

Any other basic detailed help is appreciated as I just got the linker and am trying to figure my way around it. I will be used with my JVC RS500 and soon to be purchased Panasonic UB400 UHD player.

Thanks,
Frank
Hi Frank,

Make sure you have flashed latest firmware to the Linker as well, Latest GUI can only read latest FW.
Please refer to usermanual for flashing firmware or using GUI, if questions, feel free to ask.
If you only want to use it for disabling HDR and using custom gamma curve for JVC PJ, please see manni recommendation here: HDfury Integral...
post #88 of 233 Old 08-17-2017, 02:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 379 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Hi Frank,

Make sure you have flashed latest firmware to the Linker as well, Latest GUI can only read latest FW.
Please refer to usermanual for flashing firmware or using GUI, if questions, feel free to ask.
If you only want to use it for disabling HDR and using custom gamma curve for JVC PJ, please see manni recommendation here: HDfury Integral...
oK. Thank you.

When I attach the linker to my computer i do not get the connection error when i run the GUI software so i guess GUI software must be reading the linker when it is attached so that means the GUI software is reading the linker correctly? See attached screen shot with only the linker connected to the computer.

Also I notice that on the GUI software i do see that my liker has the 0.23 software version near the middle right area of the GUI. So this is the latest fw correct?

Also what is the best place to see what all the options on the GUI software mean?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf linker aug 17 2017.pdf (62.4 KB, 12 views)
post #89 of 233 Old 08-17-2017, 03:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked: 268
GoBlue Dongle and the Android Bluetooth App

Getting ready to order a Linker to use with Pany UB-900 and RS500. In order to be able to do 2 things. 1. Convert UHD HDR to SDR BT-2020 12 bit. 2. Run full HDR and take out the HDR flag so that the JVC projector can use its dynamic iris as in SDR, and does not kick in the original faulty Gamma D and rather allows a custom, optimized HDR gamma. (what do I want to tell my professional calibration person next month by the way? Is it now BT-2084?) Just confirming that I will be able to accomplish both those goals with the proper short 18gbs high speed cable to the Linker and 20' 18gbs high speed cable to the projector?

With regard to bluetooth. I want to run the options from my Samsung Note 4 android phone and understand I need the GoBlue dongle. I will be no further than 15 feet away. Does the GoBlue unit come with its own needed connecting cable? And where do I download the android app from once I have everything, please? Is this all working fine now and should be no problem with that particular phone?

Thanks much.
post #90 of 233 Old 08-17-2017, 03:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Quoted: 3364 Post(s)
Liked: 3121
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonF View Post
Getting ready to order a Linker to use with Pany UB-900 and RS500. In order to be able to do 2 things. 1. Convert UHD HDR to SDR BT-2020 12 bit. 2. Run full HDR and take out the HDR flag so that the JVC projector can use its dynamic iris as in SDR, and does not kick in the original faulty Gamma D and rather allows a custom, optimized HDR gamma. (what do I want to tell my professional calibration person next month by the way? Is it now BT-2084?) Just confirming that I will be able to accomplish both those goals with the proper short 18gbs high speed cable to the Linker and 20' 18gbs high speed cable to the projector?
You need HDMI Premium certified cables, not just HDMI High Speed Cables for 18Gb/s. I use HD Fury's ones for short distances, and Blue Jeans for longer distances, although I'm not sure they go up to 20' (last time I checked the max was 15' I think).

Re calibration, checking the "disable HDR" box in the linker doesn't change anything, you still calibrate to BT-2020 and ST2084. The only thing the JVC does when it detects HDR is force Gamma D. It doesn't even select BT2020 (if 2015 model, not if 2017 model, which has a specific user mode).

However, I would STRONGLY advise against hiring any calibrator who isn't able to generate a custom curve for you using Arve's tool, after running a JVC Autocal in HD/rec-709, SDR/BT2020 and HDR/BT2020 modes. If they know these tools, they'll hopefully know about the Linker

Again, there is a JVC calibration thread for these questions, so I suggest you ask there for advice if necessary so as not to clutter this thread with JVC specific info.
HDfury likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page