HDFURY Linker owners thread - Page 8 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 33Likes

post #211 of 234 Old 09-25-2017, 02:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've jumped into the 4K HDR arena with the purchase of a Sony XBR-X940E, which is great, but my projector is still stuck in 1080p land. My pre-amp supports 4k but not HDCP 2.2, so I plan to bypass the HDMI switch in the pre (MX-A5000) and use a dedicated switch to properly route 4k and HDR content. The Linker enables my 1080p projector by scaling the 4k content without interfering with HDR on my TV.

I received the HDFury Linker today and did a simple test by putting the Linker in Fixed 1080p mode and plugging in an AppleTV on the input and my Sony VPL-HW40ES. I also have a Go Blue so I was able to confirm the input and output where what I expected with the output matching the input exactly. This test was to see how transparent the Linker was to the overall quality in a pass through scenario. Unfortunately, the image is not good. I've attached a few images to illustrate what I'm seeing. If I connect the projector straight into the AppleTV I do not see this horizontal noise. I've also tried with a Tivo Bolt+ and an Oppo BDP-103 with the same results. Linker is running 0.23 firmware.

Thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0829.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	839.4 KB
ID:	2288178  

Last edited by btucker318; 09-25-2017 at 03:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 234 Old 09-26-2017, 06:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 229 Post(s)
Quoted: 1767 Post(s)
Liked: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by btucker318 View Post
I've jumped into the 4K HDR arena with the purchase of a Sony XBR-X940E, which is great, but my projector is still stuck in 1080p land. My pre-amp supports 4k but not HDCP 2.2, so I plan to bypass the HDMI switch in the pre (MX-A5000) and use a dedicated switch to properly route 4k and HDR content. The Linker enables my 1080p projector by scaling the 4k content without interfering with HDR on my TV.

I received the HDFury Linker today and did a simple test by putting the Linker in Fixed 1080p mode and plugging in an AppleTV on the input and my Sony VPL-HW40ES. I also have a Go Blue so I was able to confirm the input and output where what I expected with the output matching the input exactly. This test was to see how transparent the Linker was to the overall quality in a pass through scenario. Unfortunately, the image is not good. I've attached a few images to illustrate what I'm seeing. If I connect the projector straight into the AppleTV I do not see this horizontal noise. I've also tried with a Tivo Bolt+ and an Oppo BDP-103 with the same results. Linker is running 0.23 firmware.

Thoughts?
My though is that you are doing it wrong, what you see is what you get from your source.

You wrote: "a simple test by putting the Linker in Fixed 1080p mode" > This means you changed EDID slide switch to FIXED 1080p mode, which means your source only see a 1080p capable EDID and won't send anything else higher than that.

If you want to get Linker to downscale 4K to 1080p, then you must change EDID slide switch to CUSTOM (which is a Full 4K60 600MHz EDID) and then move the downscale slide to DOWN and set the quick preset for 1080p: HOLD RST and press 6x INP.

Try again and let us know, if you still have artifacts, report your cables length.
post #213 of 234 Old 09-26-2017, 10:14 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
My though is that you are doing it wrong, what you see is what you get from your source.

You wrote: "a simple test by putting the Linker in Fixed 1080p mode" > This means you changed EDID slide switch to FIXED 1080p mode, which means your source only see a 1080p capable EDID and won't send anything else higher than that.

If you want to get Linker to downscale 4K to 1080p, then you must change EDID slide switch to CUSTOM (which is a Full 4K60 600MHz EDID) and then move the downscale slide to DOWN and set the quick preset for 1080p: HOLD RST and press 6x INP.

Try again and let us know, if you still have artifacts, report your cables length.
Thanks for your response and I agree that it's highly likely I'm "doing it wrong".

In this specific test I was not trying to downscale. I was just trying to get a passthrough working to observe how clean the Linker was in a non-scaled use case. I was feeding a 1080p60 stream into the linker from an AppleTV and sending a 1080p60 stream to the projector. This is using a non-4k AppleTV so the best it can output is 1080p60. My Oppo Blu-Ray has the same limits. For what it's worth, I also tried this with my Tivo Bolt+ and Xbox One S at 2160p60 (UHD-1) using different EDID settings and observed the same noise.

Cable length between the AppleTV and Linker is 1m. Cable length between the Linker and Projector is ~12m. This gave me an idea to try the Linker in pass-through with my TV rather than the projector using a shorter cable. With this test I used the same cable between the ATV and the Linker, but I used a 2m cable between the Linker and the TV. So with two new variables, the TV and cable, the image looked much better with no visible noise. In both a pass through and up scaled use case, the image looked good. So this points to either the long cable from my component rack to the projector or the projector itself. With the same cable and projector plugged directly into the AppleTV the resulting image looks fine so I'm suspecting this is an issue with the output drivers on the Linker dealing with a 12m+ cable length. Keep in mind this is not a 2160p60 stream, but a 1080p60 stream and I've never had an issue with this cable run in the past.

Unfortunately, I do not have another long HDMI cable and my projector is mounted to the ceiling at the back of the room so experimenting with a new cable would be problematic at this time. I've been meaning to install a fiber optic HDMI cable in the near future prior to upgrading my projector to 4k, but I'm waiting for the new Sony 4k projector (VPL-VW285ES) to be released so I have some time.

My next test will be to put a distribution amplifier in-line between the Linker and projector to see if it makes a difference.

Last edited by btucker318; 09-26-2017 at 10:41 AM.

post #214 of 234 Old 09-27-2017, 05:02 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Ugh. Stuck. Denon X6300H --> Linker --> Epson 5040 UBe

Hi all,

Newbie. I have a X6300H Receiver and an Epson 5040 UBe.
Sources are a Panasonic DMP-UB900 (4K Bluray), XBox One S, 1080p cable service, and Roku Ultra box.

I put the linker between the X6300H and Epson and set it to preset 3.
Code:
(Set 4k30/4k60 presets for a 4K30 deepcolor PJ at 300MHz (e.g Wired UB/TW Epson)
[4k30 8/10/12 -> 4k30 422 12 300, 4k60 600MHz -> 4k60 420 300MHz])
The picture comes through fine...although the Panny BluRay says my "screen" doesn't supper 4K/60hz. But, worst of all, the receiver no longer plays the audio!

I've played around with the Linker GUI --- but since I don't really know what I'm doing, nothing has restored audio.

Could someone knowledgeable tell me what I'm doing wrong or at least kick me in the right direction.

Thanks.
post #215 of 234 Old 09-27-2017, 06:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by btucker318 View Post
Thanks for your response and I agree that it's highly likely I'm "doing it wrong".

In this specific test I was not trying to downscale. I was just trying to get a passthrough working to observe how clean the Linker was in a non-scaled use case. I was feeding a 1080p60 stream into the linker from an AppleTV and sending a 1080p60 stream to the projector. This is using a non-4k AppleTV so the best it can output is 1080p60. My Oppo Blu-Ray has the same limits. For what it's worth, I also tried this with my Tivo Bolt+ and Xbox One S at 2160p60 (UHD-1) using different EDID settings and observed the same noise.

Cable length between the AppleTV and Linker is 1m. Cable length between the Linker and Projector is ~12m. This gave me an idea to try the Linker in pass-through with my TV rather than the projector using a shorter cable. With this test I used the same cable between the ATV and the Linker, but I used a 2m cable between the Linker and the TV. So with two new variables, the TV and cable, the image looked much better with no visible noise. In both a pass through and up scaled use case, the image looked good. So this points to either the long cable from my component rack to the projector or the projector itself. With the same cable and projector plugged directly into the AppleTV the resulting image looks fine so I'm suspecting this is an issue with the output drivers on the Linker dealing with a 12m+ cable length. Keep in mind this is not a 2160p60 stream, but a 1080p60 stream and I've never had an issue with this cable run in the past.

Unfortunately, I do not have another long HDMI cable and my projector is mounted to the ceiling at the back of the room so experimenting with a new cable would be problematic at this time. I've been meaning to install a fiber optic HDMI cable in the near future prior to upgrading my projector to 4k, but I'm waiting for the new Sony 4k projector (VPL-VW285ES) to be released so I have some time.

My next test will be to put a distribution amplifier in-line between the Linker and projector to see if it makes a difference.
Well, the best/easiest would be to insert Linker AFTER the 12m cable, right before the PJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skavan View Post
Hi all,

Newbie. I have a X6300H Receiver and an Epson 5040 UBe.
Sources are a Panasonic DMP-UB900 (4K Bluray), XBox One S, 1080p cable service, and Roku Ultra box.

I put the linker between the X6300H and Epson and set it to preset 3.
Code:
(Set 4k30/4k60 presets for a 4K30 deepcolor PJ at 300MHz (e.g Wired UB/TW Epson)
[4k30 8/10/12 -> 4k30 422 12 300, 4k60 600MHz -> 4k60 420  300MHz])
The picture comes through fine...although the Panny BluRay says my "screen" doesn't supper 4K/60hz. But, worst of all, the receiver no longer plays the audio!

I've played around with the Linker GUI --- but since I don't really know what I'm doing, nothing has restored audio.

Could someone knowledgeable tell me what I'm doing wrong or at least kick me in the right direction.

Thanks.
Please post link to usermanual of X6300H in PDF, also confirm length of HDMI cable in your setup.
If you had run GUI, please confirm the FW version you are using.
If you messed with settings and not sure what you did, simply factory reset unit.

Basically for your setup, you should do the following, EDID slide on Custom, SCALE slide on DOWNSCALE, use quick preset 3 (HOLD RST + press INP 3 times) and you are done.

Lastly, i'm not sure how could a device connected at the output of your AVR have anything to do with the ability of your AVR to play audio from the sources connected to it. Do you have one AVR output in use or more ?
post #216 of 234 Old 09-27-2017, 06:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:

Lastly, i'm not sure how could a device connected at the output of your AVR have anything to do with the ability of your AVR to play audio from the sources connected to it. Do you have one AVR output in use or more ?
Don’t know if this applies but when I had my Linker connected after my Denon 6200 when the Linker would shut power off while a movie was playing there would be no sound at all either.

Last edited by Hawks07; 09-27-2017 at 06:16 PM.
post #217 of 234 Old 09-27-2017, 06:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks07 View Post
Don’t know if this applies but when I had my Linker connected after my Denon 6200 when the Linker would shut power off while a movie was playing there would be no sound at all either.
That's more likely because when something happens at output there is HPD event and new EDID are mixed and presented to sources it should be a temp state not a permanent state.
post #218 of 234 Old 09-27-2017, 06:27 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I just purchased a Linker. It did not come with a power supply. Is this correct? All that was in the package was the Linker and a USB cable.

Anyway I found a 5v power supply to work with it and the Linker works well.

My only complaint is the time for the Linker to make the connection is slower than I'd like. For example when playing a disk on my Oppo 205, going from the main menu of the Oppo to the main menu of the disk I lose the picture for 20-30 seconds as the resolution goes from 4k to 1080p. And then when finishing playback the same thing. It's long enough that it makes my LG 84LM9600 give a lost input error.

I used to have the Integral, but I returned it because it wouldn't work with 3D (it would stop displaying a picture after 10-20 minutes and get very hot). But the Integral made the connection much faster than the Linker.
post #219 of 234 Old 09-27-2017, 06:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyd60 View Post
I just purchased a Linker. It did not come with a power supply. Is this correct? All that was in the package was the Linker and a USB cable.

Anyway I found a 5v power supply to work with it and the Linker works well.

My only complaint is the time for the Linker to make the connection is slower than I'd like. For example when playing a disk on my Oppo 205, going from the main menu of the Oppo to the main menu of the disk I lose the picture for 20-30 seconds as the resolution goes from 4k to 1080p. And then when finishing playback the same thing. It's long enough that it makes my LG 84LM9600 give a lost input error.

I used to have the Integral, but I returned it because it wouldn't work with 3D (it would stop displaying a picture after 10-20 minutes and get very hot). But the Integral made the connection much faster than the Linker.
You probably did not placed your order on HDfury.com, is that correct ?

I would suggest you check your firmware version. you are more likely running an old one. (if you did not purchase from us) also please confirm cable length in your setup.
post #220 of 234 Old 09-27-2017, 07:57 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Please post link to usermanual of X6300H in PDF, also confirm length of HDMI cable in your setup.
If you had run GUI, please confirm the FW version you are using.
If you messed with settings and not sure what you did, simply factory reset unit.

Basically for your setup, you should do the following, EDID slide on Custom, SCALE slide on DOWNSCALE, use quick preset 3 (HOLD RST + press INP 3 times) and you are done.

Cable length: 6ft to Linker. 20ft from Linker to PJ.
Link to manual : manual
FW: 0.23
...and did the RST + INP x 3.
Agree with your thoughts on Audio -- but without linker, audio is fine, with it, it disappears!
Flow is Blu-Ray-->Denon-->Linker---> Projector!
s.
post #221 of 234 Old 09-28-2017, 04:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skavan View Post
Cable length: 6ft to Linker. 20ft from Linker to PJ.
Link to manual : manual
FW: 0.23
...and did the RST + INP x 3.
Agree with your thoughts on Audio -- but without linker, audio is fine, with it, it disappears!
Flow is Blu-Ray-->Denon-->Linker---> Projector!
s.
Please try SOURCES > AVR > 20ft > LINKER > 6ft > PJ

there is chance none of your cable at output either 6 or 20 ft support 600MHz, that would explain the avr cannot read EDID and then have EDID mixing issue that results in no sound.
to confirm on that, put EDID slide of LINKER on FIXED 1080p, if when FIXED all works fine and not when using Custom, you need to replace your cables.

Please take GUI screenshot of Linker if you can.
post #222 of 234 Old 09-28-2017, 05:53 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
You probably did not placed your order on HDfury.com, is that correct ?

I would suggest you check your firmware version. you are more likely running an old one. (if you did not purchase from us) also please confirm cable length in your setup.
It was delivered by monoprice but ordered on Amazon.com. I asked the question to them and they said to contact monoprice. I haven't done that directly yet. I figured I would ask if I was supposed to get a power supply. You didn't directly answer that question but it sounds like I should have. The package was factory sealed fwiw.

First thing I did was update the firmware. Please confirm the latest version.

Total cable run is probably 15 to 20 feet with the Linker in the middle.
post #223 of 234 Old 09-28-2017, 06:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyd60 View Post
It was delivered by monoprice but ordered on Amazon.com. I asked the question to them and they said to contact monoprice. I haven't done that directly yet. I figured I would ask if I was supposed to get a power supply. You didn't directly answer that question but it sounds like I should have. The package was factory sealed fwiw.

First thing I did was update the firmware. Please confirm the latest version.

Total cable run is probably 15 to 20 feet with the Linker in the middle.
Yes you should have PSU with it, but resellers are resellers and they will happily send you the unit alone and then resell the PSU separately, that's why people should order from HDFURY.COM to not get bad surprise like that.
You should have FW0.23 running at least. You might have better/faster handshake using this version: http://www.filedropper.com/4klinkerfw24-3gui21

Please confirm EXACT length of each cable and BRAND NAME of it, if you don't have something serious like special 600MHz from us or Bluejeans cables, you won't be able to drive 600MHz at all.
Other test you can do is connect 600MHz source to 600MHz display directly and try two cables in such situation ,then use those 2 cables to insert Linker in between.
post #224 of 234 Old 09-29-2017, 08:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 647 Post(s)
Liked: 327
I have a question. I'm using a JVC RS520 with the Linker. Whenever I play a HDR movie, I have to start the movie before I get a picture. I'm using EDID 2 with the HDR disabled. It's a problem now because I'm unable to get a picture when trying to watch HDR Netflix. Is there a setting that I can use or do you think it's the OPPO 203 that I need to change the settings?
post #225 of 234 Old 09-30-2017, 04:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blee0120 View Post
I have a question. I'm using a JVC RS520 with the Linker. Whenever I play a HDR movie, I have to start the movie before I get a picture. I'm using EDID 2 with the HDR disabled. It's a problem now because I'm unable to get a picture when trying to watch HDR Netflix. Is there a setting that I can use or do you think it's the OPPO 203 that I need to change the settings?
Please confirm firmware on Linker and length of HDMI cables in your setup.
post #226 of 234 Old 09-30-2017, 10:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 647 Post(s)
Liked: 327
Quote:
Please confirm firmware on Linker and length of HDMI cables in your setup.
0.23 firmware and I'm using monoprice premium certified cables that are 6ft long.

Edit: changing to EDID 8 instead of 2 solved the problem.

Last edited by blee0120; 09-30-2017 at 08:48 PM.
post #227 of 234 Old 09-30-2017, 06:47 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Is the linker worth it?

I have a Denon x6200W hooked up to an LG OLED B6 and an Xbox One S (I already ordered the One X). I am wondering what benefit I will get from using the linker versus just relying on the native upscaling capabilities of my AVR or TV? Is there a noticeable improvement in PQ with the linker? I don’t feel like spending the money if there is little to no improvement.
post #228 of 234 Old 10-01-2017, 04:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blee0120 View Post
0.23 firmware and I'm using monoprice premium certified cables that are 6ft long.

Edit: changing to EDID 8 instead of 2 solved the problem.
Usually, if lower edid works and higher fails, it means cable issue, prefer our cables or bluejeanscable special for 600MHz

Quote:
Originally Posted by warnija View Post
I have a Denon x6200W hooked up to an LG OLED B6 and an Xbox One S (I already ordered the One X). I am wondering what benefit I will get from using the linker versus just relying on the native upscaling capabilities of my AVR or TV? Is there a noticeable improvement in PQ with the linker? I don’t feel like spending the money if there is little to no improvement.
I don't think it worth it for your setup, since you initially do not have any issue to solve.
However if you are gaming with the console, then you might want to bypass AVR if it's in the chain.
For ex: XBOX ONE > AVR > DISPLAY will have much higher lag than XBOX > Vertex or AVRKey or Integral > DISPLAY/AVR separately.
This is something competitive or online player will want to consider.
post #229 of 234 Old 10-01-2017, 05:57 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by warnija View Post
Your situation sounds similar to mine, just with different equipment. I have an Onkyo HT=S7700 with a very fussy Hisense older 4k TV. I have an One S and have also pre-ordered a Project Scorpio edition One X. When I first got my Linker, I was a bit confused with all of the EIED's and such in combination with the settings of both my AVR and TV. My AVR will do the upscaling if I set it to but it obviously doesn't allow color, HDR, and other modifications being injected like you have through the EIED profiles.

I have tried the One S through the AVR and without it, using the optical in on the AVR to get surround sound from the One S. I don't play online very much and when I do, it's usually Horizon 3 or Motorsport 7. I don't notice any of the input lag in those games and haven't noticed any difference in Halo 5 co-op either.
post #230 of 234 Old 10-11-2017, 01:00 PM

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I have an HTPC with a GTX 970 > Anthem MRX 1120 > HDFury Linker > JVC x550r. The Nvidia settings are 3840x2160p 23Hz, YCbCr 4:4:4 12bit. MadVR has exclusive fullscreen with 10 bit or higher D3D11. The linker is set to use SINK Edid and Disable HDR, everything else is basically pass-through. How my problem is without the linker I can open up a video fine with mpc-hc and madvr. However with the linker, it will always trigger a resolution change to the projector which takes like 20-30seconds. The only offending setting I can find is the madvr 10 bit back to 8 bit and it works fine with the linker in the chain. This fine for now but I want to be able to use 10bit when I start using my HTPC for HDR content. Does anyone know if there is a solution around this specific scenario?
post #231 of 234 Old 10-15-2017, 09:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1631 Post(s)
Liked: 1081
I have a Linker that I use to remove the HDR flag from my source devices (a Sony UHD BR player, and an ATV5 "ATV4k") while still letting them send HDR content.

That way, my JVC RS500 projector gets the HDR signal without the HDR flag and I can manually selecta custom HDR gamma, use the dynamic iris on the JVC, etc.

--

The ATV5 (aka ATV4k) has an annoying feature that is upscales SDR content to HDR by default if it thinks your signal chain and display can handle it (mine can).

I'd like to figure out a way with the Linker to easy toggle between allowing the ATV to see that my setup is HDR capable and then easily switch the Linker to tell the ATV that my setup cannot handle HDR when I want to watch SDR content on the ATV.

A forum member suggested I might be able to enable such a toggle via a IR command. I didn't even realize or think the Linker could respond to an IR command.

Even if such a toggle requires using one the switches on the Linker, thats fine. I don't hate that idea.

The only thing I want to avoid is needing to connect the Linker to a PC to make the change each time I want to watch a different content type.

Is this possible?

My current setup.
My favorite movie review podcast, the Next Picture Show.
Don't suffer through Gamma D on your JVC. Optimize HDR Tone Mapping using Arve's tool & Masciola's test patterns instead (hints.)
post #232 of 234 Old 10-15-2017, 12:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 1071 Post(s)
Liked: 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post
I have a Linker that I use to remove the HDR flag from my source devices (a Sony UHD BR player, and an ATV5 "ATV4k") while still letting them send HDR content.

That way, my JVC RS500 projector gets the HDR signal without the HDR flag and I can manually selecta custom HDR gamma, use the dynamic iris on the JVC, etc.

--

The ATV5 (aka ATV4k) has an annoying feature that is upscales SDR content to HDR by default if it thinks your signal chain and display can handle it (mine can).

I'd like to figure out a way with the Linker to easy toggle between allowing the ATV to see that my setup is HDR capable and then easily switch the Linker to tell the ATV that my setup cannot handle HDR when I want to watch SDR content on the ATV.

A forum member suggested I might be able to enable such a toggle via a IR command. I didn't even realize or think the Linker could respond to an IR command.

Even if such a toggle requires using one the switches on the Linker, thats fine. I don't hate that idea.

The only thing I want to avoid is needing to connect the Linker to a PC to make the change each time I want to watch a different content type.

Is this possible?
I use a HDFury GoBlue dongle with my Linker that enables blue tooth control of the Linker from my iPhone and the Linker App. There are both iOS and Android Apps available. With the App, I can easily change from one custom EDID to another. You might have to restart the ATV or one of its Apps after the EDID change; some devices and Apps can't handle dynamic EDID changes and will continue sending SDR instead of HDR after switching to a HDR supported EDID for example.

The GoBlue device can also enable IR control of the Linker if you order it with the IR extender option. From the product page:

Simply connect GoBlue between the USB power source and your HDfury device and take control with the Android/iOS APP!
Add iOS/Android APP support via Bluetooth to HDfury Linker.
Add IR code support for HDfury Linker and AVR-Key
nathan_h likes this.

CJ

Last edited by claw; 10-15-2017 at 12:55 PM.
post #233 of 234 Old Today, 01:02 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
No picture out of Linker/X800

I recently bought a Lumagen Radiance 2020+, and currently have this chain:

Sony X800 --> HdFury Linker --> Radiance 2020+ --> Marantz SR5011

Currently, I can't get a picture out of the X800/Linker combo into the Radiance 2020+, just a black screen. Previously this worked with my old Radiance XD.

I've tried several presets on the Linker Utility but to no avail.

As seen on the screenshots, the Info Panel also shows no information whatsoever about input/outputs.

Is this familiar to anybody, maybe?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	linker1.JPG
Views:	6
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	2300540   Click image for larger version

Name:	Limker2.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	2300542  
post #234 of 234 Old Today, 03:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by movie_fan View Post
I recently bought a Lumagen Radiance 2020+, and currently have this chain:

Sony X800 --> HdFury Linker --> Radiance 2020+ --> Marantz SR5011

Currently, I can't get a picture out of the X800/Linker combo into the Radiance 2020+, just a black screen. Previously this worked with my old Radiance XD.

I've tried several presets on the Linker Utility but to no avail.

As seen on the screenshots, the Info Panel also shows no information whatsoever about input/outputs.

Is this familiar to anybody, maybe?
Please try this FW for X800, should ease you a lot, let us know if any issue left after it. (in such case confirm cable length)

http://www.filedropper.com/4klinkerfw24-3gui21

IMPORTANT: Due to recent discoveries, we are working on a new way to handle Dolby Vision, in the meantime please use AUTOMIX/SINK mode for DV support.
Do not use DV forced flags on Integral, it cannot work with all DV equipment, simply use automix with max video algo and you will be fine until we push new updates out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page