Will HDFury AVR Key work for odd this setup? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-29-2017, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Will HDFury AVR Key work for odd this setup?

Hi.

I have an old video processor that only supports two channel PCM over HDMI and a newer processor that supports all the newer audio formats/HDR/UHD etc. However, I want the older processor to still handle the upscaling 720p to 1080p while the newer processor gets the 5.1/7.1 PCM audio. I would probably send the video output from the older processor into the newer one after it has done the upscaling too. But would the AVR Key work here? Source into the AVR Key's HDMI input, "AVR Audio" output to the newer processor and "UHD/HDR output" to older processor?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-31-2017, 05:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 229 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1771 Post(s)
Liked: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexcode99 View Post
Hi.

I have an old video processor that only supports two channel PCM over HDMI and a newer processor that supports all the newer audio formats/HDR/UHD etc. However, I want the older processor to still handle the upscaling 720p to 1080p while the newer processor gets the 5.1/7.1 PCM audio. I would probably send the video output from the older processor into the newer one after it has done the upscaling too. But would the AVR Key work here? Source into the AVR Key's HDMI input, "AVR Audio" output to the newer processor and "UHD/HDR output" to older processor?

Thanks
Ok if i got you right you want to do:

720p SOURCE > AVR KEY (video to older processor, audio to newer) > older AVR upscale 720p > 1080p

That will work just fine, yes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page