Help!!! Image Issues w/MX-121 and VPL-VW1100ES - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-19-2017, 07:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Help!!! Image Issues w/MX-121 and VPL-VW1100ES

I am looking for some expert advice on a recent issue that has developed with the projected image sent to a Sony VPL-VW1100ES from a MX-121 A/V Control Center via a high quality HDMI cable. Per the attached two pictures, the image contains blue streaks and blue pixelation. However, when the HDMI bi-passes the MX121, and the projector is attached directly to the source (i.e. DirecTV box, PS4, etc), there is no issue and the image displays perfectly. I suspect this identifies the MX121 as the culprit, but I have no clue what the problem could be or what settings may need to be changed to correct the issue. This has not happened in my prior three years of ownership of the MX121.

Any advice and input from AV experts would be most appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2996.jpg (64.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3007.jpg (90.4 KB, 8 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-21-2017, 07:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 230 Post(s)
Quoted: 1790 Post(s)
Liked: 357
If you already tried others cables, more likely it's hardware issue.
If you are very lucky the issue is EXTERNAL (means if you look closely at the HDMI connector, you might found you have some bad pin, dust, whatever not looking perfectly good).
post #3 of 4 Old 08-22-2017, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thank you for the advice but I'm fairly confident this is an issue with the MX, not the cabling, projector, etc. Of course, the unit is just a few months out of warranty so this can start to become a pretty expensive ordeal. Before I go to an authorized dealer, is there anyone out there that has info on the output signals? I'd like to test them myself before going through the ordeal of sending this to get fixed.

post #4 of 4 Old 08-25-2017, 10:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 230 Post(s)
Quoted: 1790 Post(s)
Liked: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by smmihggb View Post
Thank you for the advice but I'm fairly confident this is an issue with the MX, not the cabling, projector, etc. Of course, the unit is just a few months out of warranty so this can start to become a pretty expensive ordeal. Before I go to an authorized dealer, is there anyone out there that has info on the output signals? I'd like to test them myself before going through the ordeal of sending this to get fixed.
What i meant is that the INPUT or OUTPUT HDMI CONNECTOR ON THE MX might have a bad pin, such thing happens, so i recommended to check them carefully. you can google PS4 HDMI pin issue if you still don't get the point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Tags
hdmi , MX-121 , troubleshooting , VPL-1100ES

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page