Are there any HDMI Matrix switchers with true 4k HDCP 2.2 support? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By claw

post #1 of 4 Old 08-26-2017, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Are there any HDMI Matrix switchers with true 4k HDCP 2.2 support?

Curious about this, because the low end ones I've seen like the 6x2 Blackbird that monoprice sells only has a single HDCP 2.2 port.

I wanted to buy a nice soundbar setup, but I still need a matrix switcher to feed my Sony MDR-DS7500 wireless headphone transmitter. Since the headphone transmitter only needs audio over HDMI I'm not sure how I would work this.

Right now I have a Pioneer VSX-90 receiver and I'm using the 2nd HDMI output to feed the Sony headphones. The VSX-90 only has 3 HDCP 2.2 inputs.

All I need to do is get the HDMI audio to my headphone transmitter.

It seems like it would be easier/cheaper to just buy another receiver en lieu of trying to find a standalone HDCP 2.2 matrix switcher that works (HDR and everything).

I can't use ARC because the headphone transmitter doesn't support HDCP 2.2.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-26-2017, 10:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 233 Post(s)
Quoted: 1797 Post(s)
Liked: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post
Curious about this, because the low end ones I've seen like the 6x2 Blackbird that monoprice sells only has a single HDCP 2.2 port.

I wanted to buy a nice soundbar setup, but I still need a matrix switcher to feed my Sony MDR-DS7500 wireless headphone transmitter. Since the headphone transmitter only needs audio over HDMI I'm not sure how I would work this.

Right now I have a Pioneer VSX-90 receiver and I'm using the 2nd HDMI output to feed the Sony headphones. The VSX-90 only has 3 HDCP 2.2 inputs.

All I need to do is get the HDMI audio to my headphone transmitter.

It seems like it would be easier/cheaper to just buy another receiver en lieu of trying to find a standalone HDCP 2.2 matrix switcher that works (HDR and everything).

I can't use ARC because the headphone transmitter doesn't support HDCP 2.2.
Hi Dave,

We can probably help you here if you want to, yet i'm not sure to understand the issue.
Do you need more inputs than what the VSX-90 offers ?

You might want to look at AVRkey, which can be connected at your AVR output going to your display, it will let the original signal passthru to your display and extract/split full hdmi audio to a 720p or 1080p blanked stream that can then feed your headphones transmitter (or any AVR)
post #3 of 4 Old 08-26-2017, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Interesting.

The main issue for me is that I have to have to same audio output going to the headphone receiver that's going to the soundbar/receiver.

So right now I have all my components hooked up to my VSX-90, with one HDMI output going to the TV, the other going to the headhpones.

I'd have to output from the soundbar pass through to the AVRKey, then one to the TV the other to the headphones. Unless the AVRKey outputs video it isn't of any use to me.

This is going to be a pain to figure out because the headphone's base doesn't work with HDCP 2.2.

I might just have to keep a receiver somewhere in the mix with dual HDCP 2.2 compliant outputs.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.

post #4 of 4 Old 08-26-2017, 10:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 1082 Post(s)
Liked: 992
Like HDFury said, it is not clear what you are trying to accomplish. This is what I think you are asking for which the AVRKey should be able to accomplish.

Pioneer VSX-90 HDMI output --> AVRKey

AVRKey Top HDMI output w/ blanked 720p video and full audio --> MDR-DS7500 --> Wireless Headphones
AVRKey Bottom HDMI output w/ full video and full audio --> Soundbar and TV
HDfury likes this.

CJ

Last edited by claw; 08-26-2017 at 10:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page