Options for UHD w/ hdmi 1.4 AVR - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By HDfury

post #1 of 5 Old 09-17-2017, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Options for UHD w/ hdmi 1.4 AVR

Ok... not a rare problem by any means, but most of what I've read are complaints about garbage hdmi switches, discussions of soon-to-come products (e.g., AVRPro) and very capable, but very expensive options. I have an Anthem MRX-510 (8x hdmi 1.4 inputs), will soon have an LG OLED, and a number of sources (or soon will): oppo 203, cable, Apple TV 4K, and PS4. Have two HDMI cables in the wall to the TV, as well as a smurf tube if I need another one or two. The only real difficulty is getting audio from the Apple TV to the Anthem AVR, while retaining UHD HDR video (the oppo can send the audio separately, obviously)... the TV supports Dolby Vision from the ATV and Oppo, but the AVR will neither process nor passthrough the HDMI2 signal. What is the most dependable way to get the full video capability of my sources with the least expense and complexity?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-18-2017, 05:00 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
HDMI Conversion

Hi,
check HDFURY Linker or HDFURY Integral. I use this with my Panasonic TV

Andreas
post #3 of 5 Old 09-18-2017, 06:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Quoted: 1763 Post(s)
Liked: 349
AVR Key + cheap switcher upfront for all your sources is the easiest, cost effective solution.

post #4 of 5 Old 09-18-2017, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
AVR Key + cheap switcher upfront for all your sources is the easiest, cost effective solution.
OK... so should be straightforward to have the cable box, PS4, Oppo 203 and Apple TV 4k into a switch, with a single HDMI out feeding the AVRkey, which, in turn, feeds HDMI2 to my display and HDMI1.4 to my MRX-510? If so, time to get on the preorder list I guess.

Also, am I correct to assume that I would need to select a supported audio stream at the source, or does the AVRKey perform a handshake to determine a supported audio format? My receiver is not Atmos-capable, so would need one of the legacy lossless formats at best.

Lastly, any recommendations for a decent HDMI switch w/ IR control?
post #5 of 5 Old 09-19-2017, 05:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Quoted: 1763 Post(s)
Liked: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougri View Post
OK... so should be straightforward to have the cable box, PS4, Oppo 203 and Apple TV 4k into a switch, with a single HDMI out feeding the AVRkey, which, in turn, feeds HDMI2 to my display and HDMI1.4 to my MRX-510? If so, time to get on the preorder list I guess.

Also, am I correct to assume that I would need to select a supported audio stream at the source, or does the AVRKey perform a handshake to determine a supported audio format? My receiver is not Atmos-capable, so would need one of the legacy lossless formats at best.

Lastly, any recommendations for a decent HDMI switch w/ IR control?
AVRkey can either present full hdmi audio capabilities or the ones from your connected AVR. Just a switch to move if needed.

For HDMI switch w/IR supporting up to 18Gbps reliably... that's a good question but assuming you have good cables (or our cables), you should find one working.
dougri likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page