1Likes
  • 1 Post By claw

post #1 of 10 Old 09-26-2017, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 3
HDfury Linker or Integral?

I have a 1080p tv to be connected to my new 4k avr, and I have epson pj, I read that I need to have a 4k tv to get the 4k signal from avr to the projector! or the avr will downgrad all the 4k inputs to 1080p as it will go with the lowest resolution of displays connected to it. So I read about HDfury integral and linker.. and really don't know what is the difference between them and I want your help guys to know which one is best for my setup?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 09-26-2017, 11:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 1073 Post(s)
Liked: 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMXP View Post
I have a 1080p tv to be connected to my new 4k avr, and I have epson pj, I read that I need to have a 4k tv to get the 4k signal from avr to the projector! or the avr will downgrad all the 4k inputs to 1080p as it will go with the lowest resolution of displays connected to it. So I read about HDfury integral and linker.. and really don't know what is the difference between them and I want your help guys to know which one is best for my setup?

thanks
I don't know about all AVR brands but Denon AVRs will not send 4K out HDMI-1 and 1080p out HDMI-2 simultaneously. In fact, I had to physically disconnect the HDMI cable from the AVR HDMI output connected to my 1080p TV. The other option I had was to go deep into the Denon menu to select which HDMI output I wanted active each time I wanted to switch output to/from my TV and 4K projector.

The best HDFury device option would be to wait a month or a little longer for the new Vertex to begin shipping. It has two HDMI inputs and two outputs. One of the HDMI outputs can be configured to either pass-through or upscale 1080p to 4K, and the other output to either pass-through or down scale 4K to 1080p. Both outputs are active so you can send 4K to a 4K display and 1080p to a TV simultaneously. The Vertex can't down-scale audio for the TV so best to let the AVR handle the audio for both the projector and TV.

CJ
post #3 of 10 Old 09-27-2017, 04:10 AM - Thread Starter

I think integral can allow two outputs at the same time, or am I wrong?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #4 of 10 Old 09-27-2017, 12:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I think integral can allow two outputs at the same time, or am I wrong?!
Yes.

As long as you don't want simultaneous output to both the projector and TV, you could:

AVR HDMI-1 output -> Integral -> Top Output -> Projector
-> Bottom Output -> TV

Set the Integral to Custom EDID 8 since many Epson 4K projectors only support up to 300 MHz. Custom EDID 2 if the projector supports 600 Mhz signals such as 4K60 4:2:2 12-bit. When watching 4K on your projector, leave your TV turned off.

CJ
post #5 of 10 Old 09-28-2017, 05:58 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
I don't know about all AVR brands but Denon AVRs will not send 4K out HDMI-1 and 1080p out HDMI-2 simultaneously. In fact, I had to physically disconnect the HDMI cable from the AVR HDMI output connected to my 1080p TV. The other option I had was to go deep into the Denon menu to select which HDMI output I wanted active each time I wanted to switch output to/from my TV and 4K projector.

The best HDFury device option would be to wait a month or a little longer for the new Vertex to begin shipping. It has two HDMI inputs and two outputs. One of the HDMI outputs can be configured to either pass-through or upscale 1080p to 4K, and the other output to either pass-through or down scale 4K to 1080p. Both outputs are active so you can send 4K to a 4K display and 1080p to a TV simultaneously. The Vertex can't down-scale audio for the TV so best to let the AVR handle the audio for both the projector and TV.
I tried to remove the hdmi cable from my onkyo rz1100 and then xbox one s sent 4k signal to epson pj! when I return the cable the signal goes back to 1080p !! I aslo can select from onkyo option to output to main only. But it is annoying to do this all the time.. and I guess the better option is to get hdfuy .. but which one is the best for my setup.. that is what I want to know.

Thanks
post #6 of 10 Old 09-28-2017, 06:03 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
Yes.

As long as you don't want simultaneous output to both the projector and TV, you could:

AVR HDMI-1 output -> Integral -> Top Output -> Projector
-> Bottom Output -> TV

Set the Integral to Custom EDID 8 since many Epson 4K projectors only support up to 300 MHz. Custom EDID 2 if the projector supports 600 Mhz signals such as 4K60 4:2:2 12-bit. When watching 4K on your projector, leave your TV turned off.
Do you mean I have to turn off the tv power completly? because when I leave it on standby the signal from the avr can't go to 4k at all .. I have to remove the hdmi cable.
post #7 of 10 Old 09-28-2017, 06:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 230 Post(s)
Quoted: 1780 Post(s)
Liked: 355
Quote:
I tried to remove the hdmi cable from my onkyo rz1100 and then xbox one s sent 4k signal to epson pj! when I return the cable the signal goes back to 1080p !! I aslo can select from onkyo option to output to main only. But it is annoying to do this all the time.. and I guess the better option is to get hdfuy .. but which one is the best for my setup.. that is what I want to know.

Thanks
Vertex is the best ever.
post #8 of 10 Old 09-28-2017, 06:11 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Vertex is the best ever.
It is due on Nov! Will Integral do the same job ..if my tv is on standby not switched off from the wall socket? I will only use one output at a time, I don't to remove the hdmi cable each time or edit the avr settings for outputs. AND I don't want to buy a new 4k tv.
post #9 of 10 Old 09-28-2017, 06:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 230 Post(s)
Quoted: 1780 Post(s)
Liked: 355
Quote:
It is due on Nov! Will Integral do the same job ..if my tv is on standby not switched off from the wall socket? I will only use one output at a time, I don't to remove the hdmi cable each time or edit the avr settings for outputs. AND I don't want to buy a new 4k tv.
If you cannot wait, then simply use Integral and follow Claw instructions above, they are exact.

Integral will not take your display EDID in consideration in AUTOMIX mode if the display is not active, so in standby, it will consider that it's not active.
post #10 of 10 Old 09-28-2017, 08:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Do you mean I have to turn off the tv power completly? because when I leave it on standby the signal from the avr can't go to 4k at all .. I have to remove the hdmi cable.
With the Integral, you would not have to turn off the TV to get 4K to the projector. Except that the TV can't display a 4K signal so there is no reason to leave it turned on.

If you get the Vertex then you have choices, even to send 4K to the projector and down scale to1080p to the TV simultaneously if you want. The Vertex is an Integral+Linker+more.
HDfury likes this.

CJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page