AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrystalImage menu meltdown - HELP!

678 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Emil Naepflein 
#1 ·
I'm having a problem with my CI scaler that I know some others have had but I haven't been able to find the old threads, so I'm posting again.

A very brief power outage on Saturday reset my CrystalImage to odd resolutions. I run everything at 720p through my NEC 9PG and use the CI for aspect ratio control. DVD, DSS and cable were reset to 1024x768 and 640x480. No big deal, I reset the correct resolution for each input, BUT the memory settings on the scaler have disappeared! If I select the "memory" option on the scaler, instead of getting Memory 1, 2 and 3 all I get is one line that says "evu" with little accent marks above the e and u. I know someone else had this problem but I searched for an hour on Sunday for the thread and couldn't find it. I'm posting this is a few different places to make sure the person(s) who had the problem will see it. If someone can tell me how to fix this (turning the CI off and on does not help) or at least direct me to the original thread I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Dave

#4 ·
i'm pretty sure I'm using 5.2. I had the hardware upgrade a couple of months back that was supposed to help things like color depth, etc., though I hadn't seen any problems with my unit.

I'll try cycling through the power a few more times but if that doesn't work I'll be in touch for a new chip. Thanks, Jidelite and Alan!

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.