SDI'ing a Sony CX777ES - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 04-19-2006, 06:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I posted this in the DVD player forum but havn't gotten any hits so I thought I would try here.

I would like to modify my Sony CX777ES for SDI out but I'm not coming up with much info on this model. I know they can be modded because they are comercially available. I've checked the pixel magic forum (nothing there)and have sent a email to Moome but havn't heard back yet. Does anyone know if the sony is BT601 or BT657?
Thanks,
luckyflyer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-19-2006, 07:00 AM
AVS Club Gold

I had my 777 modded by jvbdigital. It sounds like you want to DIY. I'm not sure if they are open with info, but maybe they could at least answer your question (esp if you by the board from them).

I love mine, and with the Control4 system, I have my poor man's Kaleidescape.
post #3 of 5 Old 04-19-2006, 07:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member

you need a service manual with schematics for DIY, the mods have never been posted for this unit, I have never modified one for customers either so I can't help you out there, sorry about that

-Gary
post #4 of 5 Old 04-19-2006, 07:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyflyer
I posted this in the DVD player forum but havn't gotten any hits so I thought I would try here.

I would like to modify my Sony CX777ES for SDI out but I'm not coming up with much info on this model. I know they can be modded because they are comercially available. I've checked the pixel magic forum (nothing there)and have sent a email to Moome but havn't heard back yet. Does anyone know if the sony is BT601 or BT657?
It's bt656 and can fairly easily modified. There are some pictures of where to attach the data and clock lines (on the top board). Depending on which SDI board you use you can mount directly to the rear panel on the right side of the area where the other outputs are.

If you can't locate any of this let me know. I'm pretty sure I have some pictures of the last two I modified that might help. Probably the SDI card from Pixel Magic would be your best bet.

--Bill
post #5 of 5 Old 04-19-2006, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblue
It's bt656 and can fairly easily modified. There are some pictures of where to attach the data and clock lines (on the top board). Depending on which SDI board you use you can mount directly to the rear panel on the right side of the area where the other outputs are.

If you can't locate any of this let me know. I'm pretty sure I have some pictures of the last two I modified that might help. Probably the SDI card from Pixel Magic would be your best bet.

--Bill
Bill,
Thats great I'am a bench tech by trade so I don't think I'll have much trouble actually doing the mod. I did order the service manual last week from Andrews electronics. Any pictures that you would be willing to share would be appreciated.
I will p.m. you my email addr
Thanks
Luckyflyer
Closed Thread Video Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page