http://www.lumagen.com/testindex.php?module=newsThe Lumagen RadianceXG Processor Provides High-Performance Video Switching, Processing and Calibration for the Home Theater and Commercial Markets.
The RadianceXG provides a versatile backbone for high-definition (HD) theater systems. With 12 video, and 17 audio input sources, it offer extensive switching capabilities, including PiP/POP support. Two HDMI outputs, and two COAX audio outputs, are provided. Together these enable the RadianceXG to act as the central switching hub for large theater systems, at home or in a corporate environment.Feature list:
Inputs (12 video, 17 audio including audio on the five HDMI inputs):
- 5 HDMI
- 2 Component/SCART
- 1 VGA (accepts RGBHV or Component)
- 2 SVideo
- 2 Composite
- 4 Stereo analog
- 6 COAX audio
- 2 Optical audio
- 1 IR command (TTL-level)Outputs (2 video, 4 audio including audio on HDMI outputs):
- 2 HDMI
- 2 SPDIFFunctionality:
- Picture-in-Picture (PiP) and Picture-Outside-Picture (PoP)
- Two HDMI outputs allow two digital HDCP displays to have independent setups
- Second HDMI output can be copy of the first, or it can be audio only at a lower rate for receivers not capable of accepting 1080p inputs
- 10-bit, or higher, processing input to output
- Modular design. Video processing can be upgraded to 16-bit when 16-bit depth video processing chip becomes available, by replacing small daughter-card.
- Per-pixel detail enhancement
- MPEG artifact reduction, including mosquito and block artifacts
- Temporal noise reduction for SD and HD sources
- Per-pixel noise adaptive, directional interpolation video deinterlacing
- Film inverse-telecine with cadence processing including bad-edit detection
- Film genlock for correct 24, 48, 60, 72-Hertz output (24fps), and 50, 75 Hertz (25fps)
- Inherently low-latency video and film deinterlacing (1.25 frame if genlocked)
- Game mode for lowest latency (approximately 0.25 fames if genlocked)
- MPEG mosquito and block artifact noise reduction
- Lip-sync matching for audio and video
- HDMI and analog support up to 1080p input
- Adaptive diagonal filter for best quality video source processing
- Full-resolution Chroma processing (4:4:4)
- Direct selection of 4:3, 4:3 NLS, 16:9, 1.85 and 2.35 source aspect ratio
- User definable Preciseview Non-Linear-Stretch (NLS) of 4:3 source on 16:9 screen
- Software and video processing algorithms are user upgradeable using free updates
- 11-point parametric gamma grayscale calibration
- Color and Hue offsets for Red and Green push correction
- Primary color correction
- Extensive test patterns for display/projector setup
- Extensive input and output sizing, color-space, etc, controls provide an optimal setup for all combinations of input sources and displays.
- Rack mountable case (17 by 3.5 by 10.5)
- Optional external HDMI to analog converter
- Optional external SDI to HDMI converter
- Optional rack mount earsDescription:
The RadianceXG is perfectly suited for refining and enhancing the images presented by front projectors and top-level rear-screen displays. It combines the award winning Lumagen switching, calibration, and proprietary No-ring scaling, with the exceptional deinterlacing and noise reduction of the Gennum VXP video processing technology. Together the Lumagen and Gennum technologies provide 10-bit processing, per-pixel SD and HD video deinterlacing with enhanced adaptive diagonal filtering, edge enhancing scaling technology that does not introduce ringing - unlike other competing processors, plus MPEG mosquito and block artifact reduction. Finally, the most important image quality feature is temporal noise reduction for both SD and HD sources. Simply stated, the RadianceXG delivers extensive switching, advanced calibration features, and higher performance than other video processors.
The RadianceXG video inputs include 5 HDMI, with HDCP, 2 SD/HD Component, 1 VGA, 2 S-Video, and 2 composite. The HDMI, VGA, and component, inputs accept input resolutions of up to 1080p at 60 Hertz. For audio, in addition to audio using the 5 HDMI inputs, there are four analog stereo pairs, 6 coax and 2 optical audio inputs.
The RadianceXG's two HDMI outputs support up to 1920 by 1080, 60-Hertz, progressive resolution. The second HDMI output can be a copy of the first output, or it can be used as an audio only output to send audio to receivers that do not support a full 1080p for their HDMI inputs. Additionally, for systems with two displays, an independent output configuration can be used for each.
The RadianceXG supports PiP, and POP, for any two inputs. Other key features include user-adjustable image enhancement, four configuration memories for each input, a programmable output resolution from 480p to 1080p, plus 1080i; the ability to zoom in on any source by up to 33 percent; selectable aspect ratios of 4:3, 4:3 NLS, 16:9, 1.85, and 2.35. The 4:3 NLS uses Lumagen's Preciseview user programmable non-linear-stretch mode to allow the user to program exactly how 4:3 sources fill a 16:9 display. For film sources 2:2, 3:2 and 3:3 pull-down detection is supported (along with other less common cadences) to allow for correct cadence output at 24, 48, 60 and 72 Hertz for 24 fps film sources, plus 50 and 75 Hertz for 25 fps film source.
The RadianceXG is a modular platform. It allows for upgraded capabilities without the need to buy an entirely new video processor. For example, the current VXP processor from Gennum utilizes 10-bit pixel-depth processing, but when a 16-bit pixel-depth video processor becomes available, it can be installed by simply replacing a small daughter card. And the RadianceXG is designed to be able to take maximum advantage of the 16-bit processor's pixel depth. The HDMI revision 1.1 inputs and outputs can also be upgraded to new HDMI revision levels as they become available, while keeping the same video processor in place.
The RadianceXG automatically detects input format for SD composite, and SVideo, as well as HD component and HDMI signals. There are four configuration memories per input with unique set-up parameters for each memory; an extensive suite of test patterns; 11-point parametric grayscale and gamma calibration; Color and Hue offsets; Y/C delay; CUE/ICP filtering, input sizing, and programmable input and output color-space. An RS232 interface is provided for software upgrades and control functions. An external universal power supply enhances the processor's reliability, placement options, and it allows for quiet - no fan - operation.
The RadianceXG is the first product in Lumagen's Radiance family of video processors. Lumagen plans other models in the Radiance line that use the VXP technology, and other video processors, such as the Silicon Optix Realta.
Lumagen also produces the Vision series of video processors. These award-wining products were first to provide affordable per-pixel HD deinterlacing for video sources, and inverse-telecine for 1080i film-based sources, allowing a true 1080p viewing experience. Members of the Vision family include VisionHDP, and the Vision HDQ.
The RadianceXG video processor will be available in 2007 Q1 from authorized Lumagen dealers at a suggested price of $3499. Rack-ears for mounting the RadianceXG in a 19 rack are available at a suggested price of $50. Pricing for the external HDMI to analog converter and external SDI to HDMI converter is TBD