Sherwood Newcastle HSB-600 Owners - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-05-2007, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I've been looking for some information on these units as I recently purchased a couple. I've found there is not a thread for these units on AVS yet so I'm hoping this one catchs on and owners (and others) will post about these units in one thread to help consolidate information.

Here is what is written about the HSB-600 (silver finish) & the HSB-6501 (black finish)

Quote:

HDMI-Link
(available May, 2006)

The HDMI-Link is an advanced audio/video switcher and video format converter designed to integrate the video output from an advanced A/V receiver with the A/V output of two HDMI-capable digital A/V source units into an HDMI-capable video monitor or TV.

MSRP 299.95

Features

Provides remote (or RS-232) switching for 2 HDMI source units
Converts any component video input into an HDCP-compliant HDMI output.

I have one currently in the rack and another on the way but I have a question I'm hoping I can get answered.

Is the HSB-600 capable of separating the audio or will it only pass the audio and video direct ?

In my set up I've tried HDMI going from a Toshiba XA1 into the HSB-600 and then an optical digital out to my R-965 and the HDMI /M1-DA to the PJ. I noticed the HSB-600 doesn't seem to output the sound in this configuration?
My work around has been to run a separate Optical output from the XA1 directly into the R-965 but I would like to run 2 HDMI in and one HDMI out with the Video signal going to the PJ and the audio going to the R-965 via optical. Is this possible?

Looking forward to hearing from other owners.

Cheers
Calvin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-30-2007, 09:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It apears this thread has not recieved much attention. Odd, this product was highly touted on it's release. I have read on some sites selling the unit that it is capable of upscaling to 1080i yet, there is no such claim on the Sherwood site as you probably know. As you say you own one, it it cabable of upscaling at all or does it just pass through?
This unit (with upscaling) would provide a solution for me at least untill I can find a reciever that offers 1.3 HDMI, A&B speakers at the same time, true 7.1, and networking all for less than 5K.
Thanks in advance for your reply.

Bohnzy
Reply Video Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page