JVC RS-1 scaler and Panamorph combo package from JVC - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 06-27-2007, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone heard of any special specs that makes this JVC combo (yes... I can see it is just a Panamorph lens and motor system with a VP-50) better than a Lumagen Radiance XD and Prismasonic H-FE1500R. Have JVC and DVDO been working together to create a package better than the new Lumagen? Any light on this subject would be greatly appreciated...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-27-2007, 11:18 AM

Its not that there isny a better combination out there, this is the combination that JVC has set up with the other companies. JVC use to combine their projectors with Faroujda scalers and now have decided to go with DVDO. As for why they went with the panamorph and not another company, just about every company with a lens uses panamorph and since its a USA company and I assuming its for the USA market, it has to be easier than dealing with Prismasonic which is located in Europe.
post #3 of 8 Old 06-27-2007, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

Do you think they will be able to get the VP50 to perform as well as the new Lumagen Radiance XD? I was told that Lumagens were a better VP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Hutnicki View Post

Its not that there isny a better combination out there, this is the combination that JVC has set up with the other companies. JVC use to combine their projectors with Faroujda scalers and now have decided to go with DVDO. As for why they went with the panamorph and not another company, just about every company with a lens uses panamorph and since its a USA company and I assuming its for the USA market, it has to be easier than dealing with Prismasonic which is located in Europe.

post #4 of 8 Old 06-27-2007, 12:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
JVC must be acknowledging that sliding the lens in front of the Intake or Exhaust ( Intake would be better) must not be a problem for air circulation.
With the sled, it only moves far enough in one direction I think, so it might be infront of the intake with the pj upright and the exhaust if the pj is inverted.
Any one, please shed more light on this if you have it

Dan
post #5 of 8 Old 07-21-2007, 05:27 PM
AVS Club Gold

I forgot to look at the venting on this with the lens at the side. I personally prefer the Lumagen with the combination. JVC was going to look into the idea of offering the RS1 and Lens as a package for those wanting or having a different VP. Schneider also has a Motorized Lens for use with the RS1.

Individual packages can be configured for those desiring different components, contact me via e-mail glen@isfht.com

Glen Carter
Home Theater Calibration
www.ISFHT.com
post #6 of 8 Old 07-23-2007, 05:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
There is a long spirited thread going on over in the >3000 forum that pertaining to the potential to correct the inaccurate primaries present in the JVC and what JVC might be offering.
The thread has started to get a little heated, but here is one of the pertinent posts from the horses mouth:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&#post11069485

As of right now nobody knows whether Tom was referring to the VP50 that we appear to be seeing in this picture or something else.
post #7 of 8 Old 07-23-2007, 06:34 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
He's got to be referring to something else, as the VP50 is not going to do it. Radiance perhaps?
post #8 of 8 Old 07-23-2007, 12:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reply Video Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page