Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Murrell View Post

1)No!
2)Nothing!

all my thoughts on this board are just my personal opinions on these matters, nothing more at all, if you don't believe me then there is nothing else I can do

I have been accused of being a shill for these companies, you guys need to pick one and stick with it:

DVDO
Pixel Magic
Toshiba/HD-DVD
Sony/Blu-Ray
Directv
Dish Network

and more

-Gary

I'm not trying to start anything here, but looking at the home page on your profile, are you the owner of a DVDO (and other brands) reseller?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 5884 Old 08-15-2007, 04:21 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked: 416
Quote:

I never said anything close to that Keenan, DVDO has answered this question a couple times already, the HD-SDI inputs (per the spec sheet) are optional

-Gary

Gary, I never said you did, that's why I asked for clarification as your original post said,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary Murrell
did anyone stop to think that the VP50pro was announced with 2 HD-SDI inputs, how in the heck will the current SDI card work with that?

-Gary

Ok, so they're optional which is not unexpected, but we still don't know how much it is, or when it will be available, is that correct?

I'm just trying to get an idea of what the total cost to upgrade will be.
post #183 of 5884 Old 08-15-2007, 04:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

yep, I have a small part time business doing mostly SDI mods and custom power conditioners, I carry DVDO and Pixel Magic and probably Lumagen soon, in doing all the mod work for years I was asked about scalers so many times I figured what the heck

-Gary
post #184 of 5884 Old 08-15-2007, 04:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

Gary, I never said you did, that's why I asked for clarification as your original post said,

Ok, so they're optional which is not unexpected, but we still don't know how much it is, or when it will be available, is that correct?

I'm just trying to get an idea of what the total cost to upgrade will be.

no problem Keenan, I have been accused over the past few days of answering questions directed towards DVDO, I have NEVER did such and thought you might be doing more of the same, sorry about that, I apologize

you will need to ask DVDO your concerns

-Gary
post #185 of 5884 Old 08-15-2007, 04:25 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

no problem Keenan, I have been accused over the past few days of answering questions directed towards DVDO, I have NEVER did such and thought you might be doing more of the same, sorry about that, I apologize

you will need to ask DVDO your concerns

-Gary

Thanks.
post #186 of 5884 Old 08-15-2007, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharados View Post

what is with the SDI model upgrade ? the old one can'T be used so can we trade it also in ?

There WILL be a trade-in credit for the existing SDI input module (SDI-601) and that value will be available by Friday at the latest. I WILL post this value as soon as it is defined. We have never done an upgrade program on the SDI input module and it was not initally considered. Based on the feedback from our customers we have decided to include it in our upgrade program. Once again, this value WILL be communicated this week so DEMANDING that I give it to you sooner (and I am not calling anyone out) will not change anything.

Quote:

what about the datasheet, telling 1 SD-SDI input (optional) ? some are say two HDSD/sdi inputs whats is correct ?

The datasheet clearly calls out that there is an optional HD-SDI input module for the VP50PRO which supports two inputs (SD and/or HD). I believe your confusion comes from the typo on our website which will be corrected soon which states that there is 1 -SD-SDI input available.

Quote:

what is with international upgrades ? why are they not get the avs coupon ?

As I stated earlier, AVS Forum is an international community but AV Science is a US Reseller of DVDO products. Like most manufacturers in this industry, we have a network of international distributors that support/sell our products in their respective countries. These distributors have the exclusive rights to sell DVDO products in their countries and we will not allow a US Reseller to serve their customers.

Josh Allen
DVDO Product Manager

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #187 of 5884 Old 08-15-2007, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

We will have a schedule and definitive pricing on the HD-SDI Input Module by Friday of this week. What I can say now is that this module will be VERY competitively priced...

Josh Allen
DVDO Product Manager

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #188 of 5884 Old 08-15-2007, 06:06 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh@dvdo View Post

We will have a schedule and definitive pricing on the HD-SDI Input Module by Friday of this week. What I can say now is that this module will be VERY competitively priced...

Excellent, thank you.
post #189 of 5884 Old 08-15-2007, 07:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Hi Josh!
Should I preorder it now with my VP50 trade-in or wait till Friday when the trade-in pricing for SDI module will be also available? Does the credit card charged right away or not until the unit ships?
Thanks,

Vinod
post #190 of 5884 Old 08-15-2007, 08:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Josh@DVDO

Everytime I say no something pulls me back in. If I do the upgrade can I still come in to pick it up and drop off the VP50 trade in and get the trade in credit right there like last time?

Andy
post #191 of 5884 Old 08-15-2007, 09:05 PM

Quote:

There WILL be a trade-in credit for the existing SDI input module (SDI-601) and that value will be available by Friday at the latest. I WILL post this value as soon as it is defined. We have never done an upgrade program on the SDI input module and it was not initally considered. Based on the feedback from our customers we have decided to include it in our upgrade program. Once again, this value WILL be communicated this week so DEMANDING that I give it to you sooner (and I am not calling anyone out) will not change anything.

The datasheet clearly calls out that there is an optional HD-SDI input module for the VP50PRO which supports two inputs (SD and/or HD). I believe your confusion comes from the typo on our website which will be corrected soon which states that there is 1 -SD-SDI input available.

As I stated earlier, AVS Forum is an international community but AV Science is a US Reseller of DVDO products. Like most manufacturers in this industry, we have a network of international distributors that support/sell our products in their respective countries. These distributors have the exclusive rights to sell DVDO products in their countries and we will not allow a US Reseller to serve their customers.

thxs josh for some great news. (SDi trade up)
and thxns for answer my quetions !
regarding the int. distros i only p....off because our german distro have such a high list price in EURO then other countries !!! and this is really not nice !
post #192 of 5884 Old 08-15-2007, 09:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN View Post

Josh@DVDO

Everytime I say no something pulls me back in. If I do the upgrade can I still come in to pick it up and drop off the VP50 trade in and get the trade in credit right there like last time?

Andy

There shouldn't be any problem with that although you will have to come to our new facilities in Los Gatos.

Josh Allen
DVDO Product Manager

post #193 of 5884 Old 08-15-2007, 09:07 PM

what is the best way to ship a high value item to germany ?
for a less price ?
post #194 of 5884 Old 08-15-2007, 11:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Hai,

Thanks Josh for the info, I see your point about international dealers but this was the same as last time and then dvdo stept upto the plate and atleast for me offered the same
discount i will talk to the local dealer today on how this can be solved, It just feels very unfair even if nobody is to blaim paying $250 for shipping and handling and local support is one thing paying $750 more (and no gift from avs ) just stings badly and might stop us from upgrading and leaving a bad vibe.

Great news on the sdi/hdsdi card, Will it be ready to ship with the vp50pro units ? Like i stated before i have no doubt dvdo is doing more than most to support the ehmm freaks on these forums and take (sometimes correctly) alot of flak from us.

Daniel.

for men to evolve we have to upgrade
post #195 of 5884 Old 08-15-2007, 11:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 816
Is the only NR for Mosquito Noise, or also for block, etc.?

Will the PRO be able to process 36 bit Deep Color?

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #196 of 5884 Old 08-16-2007, 12:03 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Yes, I own a crystalio II. I won't be spending that much for a VP again. I love my crystalio II(especially after the latest firmware version 2.08), the pic Q is amazing,the pip-pop feature is very nice. It's time to take stock and look at the pic Q. My Pioneer 94HD can do such an amazing job sending 1080p.23.98 that why do I really need to add a new VP that costs 3495? The Toshiba XA2 also does a great job with 1080p/60. I guess if you are one that still watched a lot of 480i sources but in my house 480i is going extinct pretty fast these days. And 1080i is important but still paying over 3Gs to deinterlace it to 1080p is crazy heading into the year 2008. So DVDO added a few newer features, Does that make it worth
3495? Is there pip/pop, two HDMI outs? Am I missing something?

For my latest Reviews and Stuff google -> Joe Rod Home Theater .Com
Check out my Dolby Atmos/Surround first take:

post #197 of 5884 Old 08-16-2007, 12:19 AM

Quote:

Hi Josh

Whilst I understand that you don't want to undermine your local resellers by encouraging people to buy through AVS from outside the US, that doesn't explain why the $500 discount is only available in the US. AVS says they've been asked by you not to give this discount out internationally - which is fine if this discount was available elsewhere. By doing this, you're actually encouraging us to do exactly what you say you want to avoid - i.e. encourage us to find ways to bypass our local people and pretend we're in the US. I want to be supplied by my local reseller, by I don't want to pay $750 for the priviledge.

Why is the coupon (or similar discount) not available internationally - we already pay the $250 to get it locally.

Peter S
post #198 of 5884 Old 08-16-2007, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteS View Post

Hi Josh

Whilst I understand that you don't want to undermine your local resellers by encouraging people to buy through AVS from outside the US, that doesn't explain why the $500 discount is only available in the US. AVS says they've been asked by you not to give this discount out internationally - which is fine if this discount was available elsewhere. By doing this, you're actually encouraging us to do exactly what you say you want to avoid - i.e. encourage us to find ways to bypass our local people and pretend we're in the US. I want to be supplied by my local reseller, by I don't want to pay $750 for the priviledge.

Why is the coupon (or similar discount) not available internationally - we already pay the $250 to get it locally.

Peter S

i also do not understand the list price here in europe:
as i know the list price will be 3495 EUROS !!! inkl. VAT thats 4788 USD !!!!
with our german VAT ir will me 19% less and for trade in we get 2000 USD ?

great deal

now you see why all european country want to order in the US
post #199 of 5884 Old 08-16-2007, 01:55 AM

Quote:

The only official distro in the UK is OWL who when I spoke with them re-upgrading to the VP50 said I must deal directly with DVDO and any special deals are dealt with out of the US only.

This seems to be the case once again. I pay DVDO (in the US), they ship the VP to my local distro (OWL), I receive it, and send back my old VP to them (OWL) and DVDO in the US refund the trade-in value.

They also told me they make far more money selling the units at retail price, so have no desire to offer discounts or trade-ins locally.

So how is my local distro adding any value other than offering warehousing and logistix facilities?

Paying the full amount in US $ is also a bug bear, as we loose in the conversion back to local currency, then loose again on the refund. On the VP50 it was £40 ($80) due to exchange rate movement. Which not a fault of DVDO but does additionally affect non-US buyers.

Maybe a better solution would be to charge the difference, and if after 30days the old VP had not been returned then charge the full amount?

Josh I personally think that if YOU-DVDO are going to offer these upgrades via the US ONLY then EVERYONE should be treated the same, as in the PAST!

The additional $150 discount must be coming from DVDO as I can't see AV-Science loosing profits... so why not just offer it to all.

I like other nearly pressed the button yesterday, but have since changed my mind and am questioning if the NR and EE will really make much of a difference to how I use my VP50 - I would surmise the NDA will cease at the end of August, so no reviews until the discount has finished....

-Steve
post #200 of 5884 Old 08-16-2007, 02:19 AM

I think in Germany it's the same with the local distro as in the UK.
post #201 of 5884 Old 08-16-2007, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leghorn View Post

I think in Germany it's the same with the local distro as in the UK.

i think germany added 10% image.ag discount for them on top
post #202 of 5884 Old 08-16-2007, 04:07 AM
Advanced Member

You guys need to talk to your local sources.

If the German list is 3495 Euro then they are making over 30% on the exchange rate before their discount from DVDO is applied. There are other tax,shipping and duty issues of course but the problem is not with DVDO or AVS.

You guys ought to be here and see some of our prices on European goods with the exchange rate where it is currently.

Good luck
post #203 of 5884 Old 08-16-2007, 05:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I Am from Australia and was considering trading my VP30 for the VP50pro until I found out that the AVS international members are being shafted with the $500 discount coupon, I just cant believe how unfair this is by DVDO to its international customers.Myself and many others hope that DVDO will change this unfair decision on behalf of there international AVS members(customer,s).Because there is no extra insentive to pre order the VP50pro by DVDO's international community(rest of world) most will just sit on the fence.
RE:Jason
post #204 of 5884 Old 08-16-2007, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlm10541 View Post

There are other tax,shipping and duty issues of course but the problem is not with DVDO or AVS.

With AVS definitively not, of course! But with DVDO - they make the contracts which company in which country is the local distro.
post #205 of 5884 Old 08-16-2007, 05:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod View Post

: Is there pip/pop, two HDMI outs? Am I missing something?

you have pip/pop? awesome. You're right - THAT I'd jump on. Maybe a Crystalio owner wants to upgrade to a VP50 Pro - anybody, anybody?

Jon

Denon DVP - everyone else loves it.
post #206 of 5884 Old 08-16-2007, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlm10541 View Post

You guys need to talk to your local sources.

If the German list is 3495 Euro then they are making over 30% on the exchange rate before their discount from DVDO is applied. There are other tax,shipping and duty issues of course but the problem is not with DVDO or AVS.

You guys ought to be here and see some of our prices on European goods with the exchange rate where it is currently.

Good luck

In a way i agree we should try to support the local dealers as i (HD, HD+,vp30,vp50) have always done and local support (Netherlands) has been great so has dvdo been on cost issues. But this is what happend with the vp30 - > vp50 upgrade. The International upgrade path was in a way the result of that discussion, avs then also made a special discount deal with dvdo. What we would like to see is simple do the same thing you did last time nothing more nothing less. As pointed out we already pay extra for their products and also in this case pay extra to cover extra costs ($250).

Its not a new discussion here is my order from last time :

--------
Item Name: iScan VP50 Trade-in from VP30 w/102card
Item #: MM605-U
Unit Price: $2,999.00
Quantity: 1
Ship Method: International Shipping & Handling Fee
Coupon AVS4321: $400.00

Coupon: AVS4321
International Shipping & Handling Fee: $250.00
Grand Total: $2,849.00
-------

it all went very smooth and i had hoped we had seen the last of these issues all the remarks we have seen in this thread are not new huge deja-vu going on. The only difference is that i think less people will upgrade since the cost/value seems lower
then last time with this extra $500 non-usa bonus.

Greetings,

Daniel.

for men to evolve we have to upgrade
post #207 of 5884 Old 08-16-2007, 12:02 PM

today i tried to order online, if i select international upgrade and the vp50pro it says every time shopping cart empty ?
i tested it for vp50 and this works ???
post #208 of 5884 Old 08-16-2007, 12:13 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

There WILL be a trade-in credit for the existing SDI input module (SDI-601) and that value will be available by Friday at the latest.

Thanks for your understanding Josh, we are getting closer to a nice situation.

I would like to ask you just a favor. Will it be possible to use the VP50 silver front plate, if yes don't you think it would be nice to get free "Pro" labelled stickers to change the "VP50" label to "VP50Pro" label on current silver plates ?
post #209 of 5884 Old 08-16-2007, 12:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingvee View Post

you have pip/pop? awesome.

pip/pop??
What is that?

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #210 of 5884 Old 08-16-2007, 12:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

pip/pop??
What is that?

Picture in picture

POP? maybe refers to splitscreen?