Which Surround headphones that can be used in two rooms? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-10-2017, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Which Surround headphones that can be used in two rooms?

I want to be able to use a pair of surround headphones in main cinema room (living room) but also to use in my tv in my bedroom.
I was set for the Sony MDR-HW700S since they have gotten great reviews, but they can´t really work in two rooms, unless I connect a really long hdmi cable from the bedroom to the living room where the control station for the headphones will be located.

Do you have any advice for any other headphones that is easier to setup in two rooms, or do you have a solution using the Sony headphones in two rooms?

/Karl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-10-2017, 11:12 AM

Liked: 0
Talking

Not sure what a control station is , but other than that either unplug from one device and plug into the other or buy really long headphone cable. Im not a techie but sounds like 2 headphones are your best bet id suggest sennheiser's. Again i probably dont know what im talking about related to your issue ,but im trying to help.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-10-2017, 10:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 571 Post(s)
Liked: 309
Well, you might as well just use a long HDMI cable since you can control the unit from the headphones. The other alternative is, of course, getting two of the units, one each for the bedroom and living room.

post #4 of 5 Old 08-11-2017, 04:09 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
If I use a long hdmi cable from the htpc (bedroom) to headphone box I have the problem on how to connect the htpc (bedroom) with the tv with hdmi, if you understand what I mean?
If I could use the optical in I wouldn't have this problem. Is there sound quality difference between hdmi and an optical cable, If you argue there are no sound differences can an optical cable be long, and be bended?
post #5 of 5 Old 08-13-2017, 12:45 AM

Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Challe77 View Post
If I use a long hdmi cable from the htpc (bedroom) to headphone box I have the problem on how to connect the htpc (bedroom) with the tv with hdmi, if you understand what I mean?
If I could use the optical in I wouldn't have this problem. Is there sound quality difference between hdmi and an optical cable, If you argue there are no sound differences can an optical cable be long, and be bended?
Optical can only do stereo lossless and lossy 5.1.

Lossy audio sounds muffled to me compared with lossless and second choice.

You could split the HDMI out from your PC and send one to the base unit and other to the TV. The base unit would decode and transmit on headphones and TV so of be muted. HDMI handshake issues might need to be sorted though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Headphones

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page