Need advice for some In-Ear Noise cancelling earbuds - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-16-2017, 12:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Need advice for some In-Ear Noise cancelling earbuds

Hi everyone!

Currently I own a Sennheiser CX 3.00 and after about 6 months, the wires are starting to deteriorate .
The wires look and feel cheap, there very low quality.

So, can you please recommend me a durable, high quality sound in-ear headphones/buds (Wired) for an iPhone or any platform, that maintains a higher life span?

I just feel that the Sennheiser CX 3.00 (and most of the CX series) are very low grade in quality. I am not referring to the sound quality, but the mostly the wires are very cheap!

Also, the rubber tips come off very easily, and they tend to come off and get stuck inside my ear...

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-16-2017, 09:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 4
I don't have an answer for you but can testify that the Shure Sound Isolating (do not use electronics to cancel outside sound but, instead, block outside sounds from getting to your ears) work excellently but also have fragile wires. I've tried 2 different models. both worked equally well and both needed the wires spliced after a while.

Note that neither model was a current model. I note that many of the current line have replaceable wires. Replacement wires are under $30 so this seems to address this problem nicely.

RickyDee
post #3 of 4 Old 08-17-2017, 12:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I had been looking into the Sennheiser IE80, but the price was shockingly too expensive for my budget...Those probably have the cheap cables as well from the photos out there.

Many headphone reviews and ratings are focused on sound quality rather that the build quality, its so annoying.

For now, I decided to order the Sennheiser CX 300 ii Precision earbuds which I used to have. The cables actually broke apart on this one...
But for my budget, the price is adequate. If it brakes again, I will just order another one or look around. Maybe I will buy another one for backup.

post #4 of 4 Old 08-29-2017, 03:16 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by audio_nut999 View Post
Hi everyone!

Currently I own a Sennheiser CX 3.00 and after about 6 months, the wires are starting to deteriorate .
The wires look and feel cheap, there very low quality.

So, can you please recommend me a durable, high quality sound in-ear headphones/buds (Wired) for an iPhone or any platform, that maintains a higher life span?

I just feel that the Sennheiser CX 3.00 (and most of the CX series) are very low grade in quality. I am not referring to the sound quality, but the mostly the wires are very cheap!

Also, the rubber tips come off very easily, and they tend to come off and get stuck inside my ear...

Thanks!
I would strongly recommend the BlackBox C18 earbuds. They have active noise cancelling and sound quality is great. It's hard to find earbuds with active noise cancelling, and this is the one that I would recommend. Cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Headphones

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page