Stream from HTPC to TV without XBOX/PS3 etc.. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-29-2008, 05:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am wondering how the interface works from your TV to your HTPC for you.
This is without a PS3 or XBOX in the middle. This playback is just from your HTPC directly to your TV.

If your sitting there and decide you want to watch...Transformers!

Do you have to get up and go to the HTPC, start some media managemetn program, scroll to find transformers, start the playback and go sit down and watch it....

Or can you switch your TV's input via remote or whatever and display that software on the TV and launch the movie while still seated...if so this is what I am trying to accomplish but I am not sure how the I can control the software from my seat, start playback, etc...

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,

LR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-17-2008, 10:21 AM

lrdaguru,
I am using a pirated vs of xp 2005 media center, currently connected the video via the vga connector directly to the TV, and the audio to my home theater system. I've added a smaller wireless key board so that I can stay on the couch. Via the TV remote switch the source to PC, via the home theater remote switch to the audio to the channel to get the audio output from the PC. (I do that to utilize the surround sound). Then I just launch the movie stored on a NAS in the basement and watch the movie. Trying to get the video to go through the home theater but, for now I don't have the approprieate video card output to get that to work. Planning to buy a legal copy of Vesta ultimate but wanted to test things out first. Plus with ultimate I may need to get better hardware (PC).
post #3 of 4 Old 03-17-2008, 10:26 AM

You may want to look into media extenders... its like Apple-TV but more open so you can use it with more formats. For the price, its too good to pass up for a seamless integration, at least in my humble opinion.

I'm still checking into some of these options myself but I hear the DLINK 520 is good.
post #4 of 4 Old 03-17-2008, 09:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRDAGURU View Post

I am wondering how the interface works from your TV to your HTPC for you.
This is without a PS3 or XBOX in the middle. This playback is just from your HTPC directly to your TV.

If your sitting there and decide you want to watch...Transformers!

Do you have to get up and go to the HTPC, start some media managemetn program, scroll to find transformers, start the playback and go sit down and watch it....

Or can you switch your TV's input via remote or whatever and display that software on the TV and launch the movie while still seated...if so this is what I am trying to accomplish but I am not sure how the I can control the software from my seat, start playback, etc...

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,

LR

If you are running XP Media Center, you can get a Media Center PC remote. Or you can just get a wireless keyboard/mouse and you won't need to get up from your couch.

But in my own way, I am King. Hail to the King, baby.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page