Official SONOS owners thread - Page 47 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1381 of 1382 Unread Today, 06:53 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Originally Posted by hingerson View Post
Does anyone know if they are planning on releasing an updated playbar soon? or ever adding dts support to the current one? I love the idea of sonos and i've heard there speakers and I really want to set up the sound bar with wireless rears but if its not going to be true 5.1 then its a waste...
+1 I hope DTS is supported at some point, but I understand there are no announced plans to do so.

I have a house full of Sonos that we love, so I was willing to fabricate a solution. To overcome the no-DTS/TOS limitation and get 5.1 to the Playbar, I'm planning the Playbar, Sub and 2 Play1's set up as surround and use a Monoprice HDMI/TOS switch (Cable/Xbox/Chromecast/3DBlueRay) and ARC from the TV to get 5.1 to the Playbar.

75" Samsung gets installed on Saturday - Fingers crossed my plan works.
Sponsored Links
post #1382 of 1382 Unread Today, 07:17 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yea I'm going to do it too, what your going to do should work plenty of people are using switches to get 5.1 to the playbar so we know it works. I'm gonna try without the switch first since my TV list that it will pass 5.1 dd through the optical. It's a Sony they seem to be one of the few who do that. Good luck!
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

amp , Marantz Pm6004 Integrated Amplifier , Sonos , Sonos Playbar Tv Soundbar And Wireless Speaker For Streaming Music
Gear in this thread - Pm6004 by