Official SONOS owners thread - Page 56 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 53Likes
post #1651 of 1652 Unread 02-17-2017, 11:50 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yep. I think I'm going with Deezer for a year at 9.99 It clearly sounds much better than Spotify when streamed through my connect to my high end system. Weird thing is; Spotify sounds MUCH better through my Desktop Windows PC than Deezer. That's my only complaint. I have "HTML 5 player" and "high quality" both checked but the sound is flat, treble and bass seem muted. Spotify sounds excellent through same PC..

I emailed Deezer about the issue and they didn't know what to say about that other than explain that the streaming rate through a browser would be limited to 320kpbs which is MP3. But how come Spotify streaming at the same rate sounds so much better through the same desktop browser?

Also, Has anyone had any luck getting Deezer to extend the $120/year (9.99 mo) past the 1st year?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1652 of 1652 Unread Today, 02:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post
I have been using Deezer for over a year and have no complaints about sound quality or streaming reliability. I evaluated Tidal early on, but had some issues with the stream being dropped. Those issues may have long since been resolved--I don't know.

I occasionally notice holes in the catalogue, and use Apple Music to fill in the missing content. In general, the Deezer catalogue is pretty good.

Interesting you would find audio differences between the two streams. Since the audio is digital FLAC, one would expect identical sound quality.

Thanks for the input on this. Just now getting into the streaming and really didn't know that much about Deezer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
amp , Marantz Pm6004 Integrated Amplifier , Sonos , Sonos Playbar Tv Soundbar And Wireless Speaker For Streaming Music
Gear in this thread