Alright, I got one. BB@$99.
It's great! Played 11Gig MPEG2 recorded on PC of the air ATSC file On NTFS drive - no problem, both, 720p and 1080i.
Plays VOBs, looks like it wall automatically combining main movie files into one, skipping menus. Chapter skip does not work.
Picture looks fantastic on my 9' analog projector in 1080i.
Now, to cool you off, the not so great stuff:
- On my LCD quantization noise is plain annoying. It's not the best panel, but DVI to HDMI from my nVidia PC alway was smooth. I guess WD quantizing video output at 8 bit. TV's scaler just magnify it. (Quantization was not noticeable on analog projector.)
- Hard Drive power never turned off, even after unit itself is. It even never send a command to put drive into sleep or spin it down. You have to eject and unplug drive every time!
- Unit gets hot. Not horribly but more than typical other products.
- It locked-up when I pull USB drive without pressing eject first. Require cold restart.
- Searching long files not so pleasant, with max x16 it takes a while to FF to get to the second half of 2 hour flick. No other way to search long files.
- maybe just my TV, but 1080p output mode was breaking, loosing pixels on the bottom, cracking sound and fuzzy OSD. Don't mind this one yet but please verify?
Other that that, so far, it is good and recommended!