Originally Posted by Ca_Space
Hi all, I am thinking about getting the HD PoD Vunow but I have some questions.
responses inline with questions below
1. What kind of hard drive are you using that connects to the USB?
- any usb drive will do, formatted FAT32 or (coming soon) NTFS
2. Can you get HBO and/or Showtime boxing? Something like On Demand?
- not HBO or SHOWTIME, but some movies ondemand. content is still rather limited, but growing. for now, the most accessible ondemand content that has a broad targt audience is (in my opinion) the Crackle.com content. the movies in that section number about 20 perhaps, and have not changed in a month.
3. With the HD PoD, how much content is HD when downloaded?
- i don't know the answer to this myself, having only the SD unit - though i'm not sure how anyone could answer this properly considering nothing on the device (to my knowledge) actually states the resolution of the videos played...
4. I have DSL with 1.5 Mbps, is that fast enough to download shows?
- i think it's not enough HD, if/when shows are available in HD. over wifi i get about 1.7Mbps average throughput in the linkspeed test on my vunow. this is over wifi with the router connected to 5Mbps cable service. shows play nicely for me, but i've noticed some shows re-buffer more often now over wifi than they did using wired ethernet (connected in that fashion i got between 3.5 and 4.5 Mbps in the linkspeed tests). i would say that 1.5Mbps should work well for SD, but more bandwidth would be ideal.
5. How does the wireless n handle on it?
- well, i have a wireless b/g router, so i can't say anything about wireless n
Any help is greatly appreciated.