WDLXTV-0.5.2 is now available
* based on firmware 1.02.07, ext2/ext3 filesystem support now official!!!
* more md5sums added for corruption checking
* a single custom init.d script can be placed in /conf, called S00user-script
***** syntax errors in S00user-script will prevent your osd from booting, be careful!
* crazymounts wait is now user extendable, default = 10 seconds
***** if /conf/crazymount.wait exists and contains a single integer, delay will be extended
* emergency flash upgrade/freeze recovery now added
***** requires a full firmware image called emergency-wdtv.bin and
********a file called emergency-flash on the root of a device at boot
* Custom background and screen saver images can be supplied at boot
***** requires welcome_background_bg.jpg (maxsize=524288) or screen_saver.png to exist on a device attached at boot
***** original screen_saver & welcome_background are supplied, in case you desire them.
* A custom configuration script can be supplied to enable/disable/whatever at boot
***** requires a script called S00custom-options
on the root of a device attached at boot
* OSD overlays must be named as follows: .osd.bin example: myoverlay.osd.bin (sample
* added another 5s wait for slow devices to come online at boot.
* no benign shell errors when booting on the serial tty
* reboot now sync's & (attempts to) umount devices before rebooting
* based on firmware 1.02.06
Be careful with S00user-script in /conf, as I say a typo in there will prevent the osd from loading. The proper route would be to get it working as S00custom-options on the root of an attached device, then when that works move it into /conf
if you break yourself with a bad /conf/S00user-script then place the following inside of S00custom-options: