Western Digital - WD TV HD Media Player - BUG LIST & FEATURE REQUEST thread - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 2358 Old 01-01-2009, 09:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod_Hull View Post

I'd like to voice my support for the following. They should both surely be considered bugs. Who would want their album tracks listed alphabetically, and not in track order?:
  • "Album" list view to display tracks in TRACK order, NOT ALPHABETICALLY as it does currently.
  • When in "Artist" view - The current behaviour is to display ALL the artist's tracks combined into an alphabetised list. The correct behaviour (displayed by other music management software and standalone hardware MP3 players) would be to separately list all the chosen artist's albums within the "Artist" view.

This is a big one for me. I want to use the WD unit primarily for audio. This unit would be perfect for me if it worked this way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 2358 Old 01-02-2009, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Edwards View Post

This is a big one for me. I want to use the WD unit primarily for audio. This unit would be perfect for me if it worked this way.

Also a big one for me! Yes!
post #93 of 2358 Old 01-02-2009, 12:50 AM

Whislist:
  • Providing a simple API for user content with the chance to add own html Files (css, pictures). So we could easily enhance the Music, Video or Photo Library by ourself (eg. add a DVD Media Libraray like it is done at the XBMC Project (yes, i know that this would not be adaptable))
    It should be possible to access the media library with specials tags within the html like or something like that.
    But even the html would be static (with no access to the internal database) it would be a big enhanced for us.
post #94 of 2358 Old 01-02-2009, 02:21 AM

Feature request

I wish read the file information before play it. For example, press the OPTION button on file name and read play duration, container type, video resolution, number of streams, video codec, audio codec, etc (like AVInaptic).
post #95 of 2358 Old 01-02-2009, 04:11 AM

found another bug:
WD TV said that there were 12.384 photos on the attached drive but in fact there were only 1.376 photos on the disk. It probably keeps adding photos to the database everytime a disk is attached?

Feature request:
A menu option 'Clear Library'. An option that will erase the current database and rebuilds it from scratch. So no computer is necessary to clear the database.
post #96 of 2358 Old 01-02-2009, 10:43 AM

Found another Bug:

I have a bunch of MusicVideos in one folder, when i play a file and press next, sometimes the WD TV says Format not supported...... Check Manual. But when i press Stop and open the file with the play button, it works. Sry for my englisch but i'm not a native speaker :P
post #97 of 2358 Old 01-03-2009, 02:00 AM

Found a Bug:

There is a problem with the remotecontrol, menu-entrys are spinning around when a button on the remote is pressed. (Endless Loop)

Even after update 02 this remote bug exists. (Sometime remote wont accept button pressed.)

This happend now on a 2nd WD TV. (The first one with this bug was returned.)
post #98 of 2358 Old 01-03-2009, 07:11 AM

If full DVD menu naviguation is finally not added in VIDEO_TS mode, another request would be to have at least the language and audio format displayed on screen when changing audio track. And for subtitles, display of language too. That would help to choose audio track and subtitles.
post #99 of 2358 Old 01-03-2009, 10:30 AM

I have discovered a new bug, trying to play a DVD rip (VIDEO_TS mode) with one audio track being of type PCM 2.0 48 KHz @1536 Kbps.
When I switch to that audio track, all I get is noisy buzz.
If I copy the first VOB to another directory in order to play that file as a single file, that's working well, I can play correctly that audio track.
My conclusion is that there is a decoding bug with PCM audio tracks but only in VIDEO_TS mode.
post #100 of 2358 Old 01-03-2009, 10:39 AM

WD TV really need at Sleep-Timer and the harddrive to be powered off when you turn WD TV off.

TIMBER!
post #101 of 2358 Old 01-03-2009, 10:58 AM

Little bug:

On CRT TV with composite connection, I can not display correctly the graphical interface. There is a shift to the right. For example, the word USB2 exceeds the limit right of the screen.
post #102 of 2358 Old 01-03-2009, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucolan View Post

Little bug:

On CRT TV with composite connection, I can not display correctly the graphical interface. There is a shift to the right. For example, the word USB2 exceeds the limit right of the screen.

Same here, but I think that it is due to the CRT TV overscan. The result probably depends on CRT TV.
post #103 of 2358 Old 01-03-2009, 11:57 AM

Two bugs in the french translation:

"No audio channel" is translated to "Non anal audio" It should be translated to "Pas de canal audio".

"Audio channel X (Unsupported)" is translated to "Canal audio X (Non supportés)". It should be "Canal audio X (non supporté)".
post #104 of 2358 Old 01-03-2009, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis113 View Post

I hope WD can at least add-in support for external DVD-ROM and fix the sync problem of srt subtitle in next firmware upgrade.

Yep... support for DVD playback would make this a full fledged DVD player as well.
Now, BD playback off of BD drives would be Nirvana -but I wont ask that much
post #105 of 2358 Old 01-03-2009, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpash View Post

Found a Bug:

There is a problem with the remotecontrol, menu-entrys are spinning around when a button on the remote is pressed. (Endless Loop)

Even after update 02 this remote bug exists. (Sometime remote wont accept button pressed.)

This happend now on a 2nd WD TV. (The first one with this bug was returned.)

Same for me. I asked the question to WD support. I'm waiting...
post #106 of 2358 Old 01-04-2009, 01:28 AM

Thank's to WD support to listen to Your customers, that's really a BIG advance. I a have a few requests aswell.

BUGS:
-I also seem to have a bug with WD MyPassport (WDME3200TE). Every time I have switch hd tv off my hd gets re-indexed, so I have to wait a few minutes every single time i startup my hd tv. It should do this process only if the hdd have been disconnected. Not after every poweroff.
-I had a dvd that would start only playing from episode 4, and I could not go to next or previous episodes. I had watched episodes 1-2 earlier, but the next day I was unable to continue watching from episode 3, it started to play 4 over and over again. Even the "continue watching from where you stopped" took me to episode 4. The same rip / folder worked fine on my computer/dvd player (all the episodes exist in the rip as they should).

New features / options:
-Support to shutdown external hd's when hd tv is in standby
-It would be great to have an option to process all the album art etc. with the rest of the indexing process. Now it takes quite long to load album art in thumbnail-mode. Browsing thru files would be easier if the album art would exist there always after connecting the hdd.
-Possibility to access dvd-menus
-When browsing thru several files in list-mode arrows right and left should function as "page up & page down" (they are unused right now)
-Option for disabling the fade effect in menus
-Cross-fade effect for images, fade to black looks frankly quite awfull.
post #107 of 2358 Old 01-04-2009, 02:47 AM

A number of users on this forum (and elsewhere) with older HD-ready (720p/1080i, not 1080p) TVs have problems getting the HDMI connection to work - either at all, or without very tedious work-rounds. Different brands of TV seem to be affected - and some users have no HDMI trouble with their other equipment (eg PS3s). The consensus seems to be that there is probably an underlying HDCP handshake issue with the WD-TV. If that could be fixed it would be great!
post #108 of 2358 Old 01-04-2009, 03:13 AM

I love this divece. I use to have a xbox 1 with XBMC (no hd support)

There are some things i wan't to see change.

1. folder.jpg support!!! in a folder, so i can see a movie thumb & music thumb!!!!
This is easy to build, and by far the best way to show thumbs!

2. When i shutdown the WD TV. It stil gives power to my HHD and optical OUT?!?!?
When i power down i WANT to power down the compleet divice!
So that my HHD powersdown as well. (I have a My Book 500GB hooked up,
it will go in sleep mode but led lights stay on)

3. When optical is connect to a audio divice, please disconnect the audio true HDMI!
When i watch a movie i hear sound over my TV and audio divice. (I only want audio
divice.)

4. More audio codec support: wmv-hd, mkv audio,

5. Subtitle delay option.

That's it,

ps. I recommand everybody this device. It works perfectly!
post #109 of 2358 Old 01-04-2009, 03:33 AM

When you play a video then stop it and start it again, the wd tv asks to restart the video or continue playing where you stopped, but you cant go back and do something else, you have to play the video.
The ability to go back and do something else, would be nice.
post #110 of 2358 Old 01-04-2009, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek930 View Post

Can't Fast Forward or Rewind in files encoded using the H.264 codec as .M4V.

Yes , same problem seen here (firmware 1.01.02.) I would add that renaming the file from m4v to mp4 allow the WD TV to fast forward/rewind.

But renaming the file confuses quicktime sometimes, especially when the file is not just video + sound : for example I have a m4v file with 1 video, 1 AAC, 1 AC3 + chapters tracks (build with handbrake). Quicktime play the file with m4v suffix, not mp4 suffix. So I am not happy with this "renaming fix"
post #111 of 2358 Old 01-04-2009, 04:50 AM

Bug / Or Feature request (I don't know)
Firmware 1.01.02
I see that the mkv produced by handbrake can have some chapters embedded. Those chapters are available from the WD TV (press option while watching the movie, this is the end-right button on the option menu)

The same movie build as a m4v by handbrake can have also the chapters (I checked that VLC can use those chapters marks for both the m4v and the mkv variants). But the WD TV don't offer those chapters when playing the m4v.

Feature Request :
I would like to attach (on the rear usb port) a "big" hard drive that would not be convenient to move back the the computer.
I would appreciate if we could plug a usb key (or mobile hard drive) to the remaining usb port and use a "copy function" to copy the files to the other usb drive.
I would like to have support for "VOBSUB" (as available in DVD) subtiltes, embedded to MKV (I know MKV support this), and/or any other containers (if possible)
post #112 of 2358 Old 01-04-2009, 06:12 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(On CRT TV with composite connection, I can not display correctly the graphical interface. There is a shift to the right. For example, the word USB2 exceeds the limit right of the screen.)
I use SONY CRT and composite, and have no such problem. I use PAL output, and original Firmware

But there is one that is a nuisance:
When you EJECT or any other thing that brings you to the CANCEL/OK page, I think the default should be OK and no CANCEL, as this force you to right arrow and enter instead of just ENTER

And another thing, all those who looks for DV-AVI support, I believe it is impossible with this SIGMA chip, you better convert all your stuff to WMV. I have no problem playing 2.3Mb WMV converted from DV
post #113 of 2358 Old 01-04-2009, 06:58 AM

A possibility to make your own skin for the WD TV HD. That would be great
post #114 of 2358 Old 01-04-2009, 09:17 AM

I've seen a couple of comments saying the scalers used by the WDTV are very good.

Would it be possible to add 1024x768 for HDReady plasma displays (rectangular pixels)?
post #115 of 2358 Old 01-04-2009, 09:29 AM

I thought I'd already asked for this but perhaps I did it in the other thread.

Would it be possible to enable 576i output so users can decide where they want deinterlacing to take place (in the WDTV or their TV's)?
post #116 of 2358 Old 01-04-2009, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avon B7 View Post

I've seen a couple of comments saying the scalers used by the WDTV are very good.

Would it be possible to add 1024x768 for HDReady plasma displays (rectangular pixels)?

Just activate the "auto" mode and it will automatically switch to 1024x768 if it is the native resolution of your TV screen.
It is the result I get with my videoprojector.
post #117 of 2358 Old 01-04-2009, 09:50 AM

That's interesting. On my screen (connected via HDMI and using the .02 firmware) the 'auto' option is 1366x768.

Either way, an option to force 1024x768 would be nice.
post #118 of 2358 Old 01-04-2009, 09:51 AM

the dts in mkv container is choppy, remux it to m2ts resolve it.
yet m2ts file will cause subtitle out sync
post #119 of 2358 Old 01-04-2009, 10:38 AM

Found another bug:

In photo display with list mode, the alphabetical order is wrong. For example, instead of photo (1).jpg, photo (2).jpg, photo (10).jpg, it lists photo (1).jpg, photo (10).jpg, photo (2).jpg and, in same wrong order, the pictures are displayed in slideshow.
post #120 of 2358 Old 01-04-2009, 12:14 PM

I would like to report a sync issue. I have remuxed many 1080p wmv files to either TS or M2ts because of the wma3 audio issue. The files play perfect on my PC. There is a serious issue when I play them on the WDTV. When I first start them all audio is in sync. I can FFwd etc no problem. However if I pause a file for a minute or so and then start playing again the audio is out of sync. There is no way to get the file sync again. I have tested this on 5 TS and M2TS files and have the same problem again and again so I feel confident enough to say that this can be added on the bug list. rgds
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page