"Official" Logitech Squeezebox Boom Owners Thread - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 38 Old 04-07-2011, 02:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It appears the Squeezebox Boom has been dropped from the product lineup. It's no longer showing on the Logitech website, though you apparently can still pick some of the remaining inventory on Amazon.

I have been quite impressed with the Boom's sound so I hate to see it go. Anyone familiar with the Logitech strategy for this product set, e.g. going to announce a new product as replacement of Boom?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 Old 04-08-2011, 12:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Replaced by the Radio.

Build Thread: "Nathan's Theater in Search of....".
post #33 of 38 Old 04-08-2011, 02:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I have no inside info but I'd bet a Boom II is in the works.
- time frame seems right from when Boom was introduced
- VFD displays are being phased out in favor of LCD (this is why they stopped making the SB3/Classic, they could not source the VFD display)
- Offering only the Touch & Radio & Transporter SE leaves a glaring whole in their player lineup

My guess is a slightly larger enclosure housing larger speakers, larger display, LCD display (but not a touch screen), based on the current SqueezePlay architecture (obviously). If my pure speculation is true, god only knows when the fumbling Logitech would actually get such a product to market.
post #34 of 38 Old 04-26-2011, 08:09 AM

I got one during the winter and I am quite impressed by it. I'm very happy I got the Boom model. Darn thing sounds noticeable better than my wife's $400+ Bose Radio. I use it a lot and take it with me to different areas of the house.

I was just reading the thread and noticed you can do the like/dislike in Pandora. Guess I need to read the manual . A friend of mine got the lower model with one speaker for his dad and was disappointed you couldn't do the like/dislike. Is that feature available on all of the Squeezeboxes?
post #35 of 38 Old 04-26-2011, 10:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by buck351 View Post

I got one during the winter and I am quite impressed by it. I'm very happy I got the Boom model. Darn thing sounds noticeable better than my wife's $400+ Bose Radio. I use it a lot and take it with me to different areas of the house.

I was just reading the thread and noticed you can do the like/dislike in Pandora. Guess I need to read the manual . A friend of mine got the lower model with one speaker for his dad and was disappointed you couldn't do the like/dislike. Is that feature available on all of the Squeezeboxes?

On the Radio just press the big knob when a Pandora song is playing, Like/Dislike are the first two options that pop up.
post #36 of 38 Old 04-27-2011, 12:47 AM

I would like to officially state that the Squeezebox Boom is my favorite toy that I've bought in years! It has truly made all my music accessible to me again.
post #37 of 38 Old 04-27-2011, 11:21 AM

Just FYI - I just downloaded the new free iPhone app from Logitech which allows you to control your squeezebox from your phone. It works pretty well, so check it out if you have an iPhone.

Just search for 'squeezebox' in itunes.

----------------------------------------------------------
Comcast Scientific Atlanta 8300HD box --SARA 1.88.25.1 and a Maxtor Quickview Expander PLUS 300 GB external drive
post #38 of 38 Old 05-01-2011, 03:31 PM

I had to put a new motherboadr in my computer and now I can not get my Logitech Squeezebox Boom to connect. I have Slacker radio installed on this unit but cannot play the station now.
Can anyone tell what I need to do to fix this problem.

Thank you,
Brucee
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming