Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Anaheim Hills, CA
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good news and problem.
1. Brought a Airlink 101 USB-to-Ethernet adapter, and connected it to WDTV USB1 port.
2. Downloaded ext3-boot 0.8.5.3 and unzipped to an USB flash drive.
3. Connected a USB hub to WDTV USB2 port, then connected the USB flash drive and my media hard drive to USB1.
4. Started WDTV box, the new firmware was detected by WDTV, then I flashed WDTV with ext2-boot 0.8.5.3.
5. Re-started WDTV box, the startup screen showed my IP address, and both LED on USB-to-Ethernet adapter turns on. I can also see WDTV IP address from my router.
6. I can play files from my media hard drive that is connected to USB1.
7. I can FTP to the WDTV and can see a bunch of files but I can't find the media hard drive connected to USB1. Does anyone know how I can access the HD connected to USB1?