Slingbox / SA8300 HD Question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 03-31-2009, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi. I've searched the forums here pretty extensively for a definitive answer on this, but seem to be finding conflicting information. Any help that you all can provide will be much appreciated.

I have a SA 8300 HD DVR through Time Warner Cable in NYC. I am utilizing the HDMI output from the DVR to supply video and sound to my home theater.

My question is whether for the purpose of connecting a slingbox, will the DVR's other outputs (component / composite / s-video / coaxial) remain operable while I have a HDMI able plugged in? I'm also unsure whether the outcome is affected by whether or not my receiver (into which the HDMI cable feeds) is turned on.

I'm asking the question because I am trying to set up a slingbox with this DVR. I have only tried the s-video output at this stage, and am not able to get any sort of picture on the computer from which I am trying to view the video (I just get a dark gray screen with some static).

Oh, also, my DVR software seems to have updated overnight (menus are now a different color). I'm not sure whether that has any bearing on the answer, but thought I should mention it.

Thanks
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page